"Alexander Kiss, The Dynasty Story" (Article)

irockaf...@hotmail.com

Mar 1, 2009, 4:27:56 PM3/1/09
I re-stumbled upon Maxim Kiss's website (www.maxtrem.ru), and saw an
aricle titled: "Alexander Kiss, The Dynasty Story." Unfortunately, I
can't puzzle out cyrillic, and google's translation leaves a bit to be
desired.

It sounds quite interesting, does anyone out there care to translate?

zhorik

Mar 3, 2009, 2:15:50 AM3/3/09

Thanks for the link! It's a very interesting article. I'll try and do a
translation tomorrow if nobody else beats me to it.

The photo gallery (Фото Галлерея) in the Alexander Kiss section has some
terrific pictures in it too.

-George

rhalf

Mar 3, 2009, 4:12:21 AM3/3/09
zhorik wrote:

> irockaf...@hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > I re-stumbled upon Maxim Kiss's website (www.maxtrem.ru), and saw an
> > aricle titled: "Alexander Kiss, The Dynasty Story." Unfortunately, I
> > can't puzzle out cyrillic, and google's translation leaves a bit to be
> > desired.
> >
> > It sounds quite interesting, does anyone out there care to translate?
> >

> Thanks for the link! It's a very interesting article. I'll try and do a
> translation tomorrow if nobody else beats me to it.
>
> The photo gallery (���� ��������) in the Alexander

Kiss section has some
> terrific pictures in it too.
>
> -George

I'm waiting :)

Warren Hammond

Mar 3, 2009, 2:01:39 PM3/3/09
> Thanks for the link! It's a very interesting article. I'll try and do a
> translation tomorrow if nobody else beats me to it.
> -George

I can't wait for this either! I know a little about him and would love to
know more.

-Warren

zhorik

Mar 3, 2009, 6:14:33 PM3/3/09
Ok, here's a translation. My wife was too busy with the kids to review
it, so there are probably a few mistakes.

-------------------
Aleksandr Kiss was born on October 2nd, 1921 into an old family of circus
artists. Already at the age of 4, he first entered the ring. In that
same year, his sister, Violeta was born. Such a unique pair, who in the
near future would enter the history of the Soviet and world circus as
outstanding artists performing the most complicated tricks.

The uniqueness of their collaboration was that they were the first who
were able to unite in one act record-setting tricks from three genres:
juggling, antipodism, and equilibristics. Many of their pair and solo
tricks to this day have not been repeated by anybody else.

Violeta does a one-arm handstand on Aleksandr’s head, on the other arm she
spins a hoop, and with her feet a stick, at the same time Aleksandr
juggles 4 clubs while walking around the ring.

Aleksandr holds on his forehead a balance consisting of three parts – two
sticks and a ball. Without ceasing to juggle 6 hoops, he knocks the lower
part out behind him and catches the remaining two pieces on his forehead.
He continues to do the same with each part.

Aleksandr stands on a high rola-bola juggling 8 hoops and maintaining on
his forehead a long pole balance.

In addition to these records, Aleksandr Kiss performed a whole cascade of
difficult tricks: juggling 6 clubs, 7 rings while bouncing a club on his
forehead, 5 lit torches with a burning balance on his forehead, pirouettes
with 6 hoops, a difficult combination with 5, and then after throwing one
back, with 4 clubs.

A. Kiss was the creator of many tricks and combinations, but his trick –
juggling 5 clubs behind the back, to this day is considered a criterion
for professional jugglers.

Unlike the majority of jugglers. Who limit themselves to one type of
juggling technique: they don’t do complicated juggling tricks with balls,
they don’t do balancing, they don’t do rola-bola, they don’t like to do
combination tricks, they can’t throw an even number of objects or odd,
they do no record-setting tricks, they use a method – throwing and maybe
catching (or with 10 tries barely catching); in contrast to this, A. Kiss
mastered the full arsenal of juggling techniques.

One more distinguishing feature of this outstanding creative juggler – HE
ALMOST NEVER DROPPED WHILE PERFORMING! A juggler will understand why this
is written in capital letters. And this really was so! While performing
more than 60 tricks, which included the previously mentioned records, for
him: 1 drop – this was a whole lot; 2 drops – a catastrophe and he would
stay after work practicing, and if more, it was a failing grade. He
worked like a machine; his stability was unbelievable. And not at the
expense of the difficulty of the tricks. He performed his difficult
tricks for a minimum of 2 tempo (for example: 8 rings on a rola-bola with
a balance – 16 throws or more).

Aleksandr Nikolaevich Kiss – the only juggler in Russia to win the prize
“Best Juggler in the World 1969” named after Enrico Rastelli, People’s
Artist of Russia, holder of many government awards, the winner of many
Soviet and international circus competitions, and so forth and so on.

On November 18th, 1990, he passed away. He lived a bright creative life.
Until the very end he didn’t remove a single trick from his act, not
looking for the easy way or a crooked path. For his self-respect, fame
and skill, A. N. Kiss paid only with hard work, blood and sweat. He will
live forever in the history of Russian and World circus, and in the hearts
of fans and his students – as a bright figure, worthy of emulation.

The Void

Mar 3, 2009, 6:19:17 PM3/3/09
zhorik wrote:

Thank you very much for the translation.

The Void
Not watching Dynasty

Daniele Caselli

Mar 4, 2009, 9:27:50 AM3/4/09
On 04/03/2009 zhorik wrote:
> Ok, here's a translation. [...]

Thank you!!

Daniele

--

«Gli italiani, generosissimi in tutto, non sono generosi
quando si tratta di pensare.»