Race to learn 7 balls

Jacob:Sacher

Apr 27, 2009, 5:20:14 AM4/27/09
Hello
At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
wins.
It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.

Time starts.....NOW

Jacob:Sacher

gantenbein

Apr 27, 2009, 5:48:47 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Is there an upper limit for ones current personal best to enter?
Someone with a PB of 98 catches may have a slight advantage here.

Steffen

(current PB 21 catches clean)

Jacob:Sacher

Apr 27, 2009, 6:07:08 AM4/27/09
There is no prize for the winner.
so anyone who would like to "play" should feel free
jacob:Sacher
Ps if your record is 98 catches please dont enter

markool89

Apr 27, 2009, 7:14:31 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Hi
I think ill enter! My current best is a qualify(i.e 14/15)
Ill be practicing hard, so be prepared to be beaten! =P

-Mark-

gantenbein

Apr 27, 2009, 7:28:33 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> There is no prize for the winner.
> so anyone who would like to "play" should feel free
> jacob:Sacher
> Ps if your record is 98 catches please dont enter

OK, I'm in then!
My personal best of 21 catches may give me a slight headstart, but as you
can see from my record log I'm a VERY SLOW learner.
So my only chance to win this is if everyone else quits :-).

I assume we're going to update each other on our progress?

Steffen

janjongleer

Apr 27, 2009, 8:13:00 AM4/27/09
ok
i am in.
my personal best is zero catches. i was planning to learn 6 and will
combine it
with seven.
i dont have high hopes for this but i ll work hard.
greetz
janjongleer

Aymeric

Apr 27, 2009, 8:27:43 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Good idea, Jacob!
I'm in on it!
I can qualify 7 consistently, but I haven't worked at it seriously for
ages. My PB is 39 (from 2 years ago!), but nowadays, I rarely get past the
25 catches. This race idea could be a good motivation for taking it up
again :)
Besides, as Steffen pointed out, it could be a good idea to update one
another on our progress. Maybe once in a week in this thread?

Aymeric.

ultimategaida

Apr 27, 2009, 9:47:27 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Im in!!

~Dave (uncollected sloppy qualify) Gaida

mea...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2009, 10:32:42 AM4/27/09
On Apr 27, 5:20 am, SCOTTIE...@HOTMAIL.COM.nospam.com (Jacob:Sacher)
wrote:

> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.

I can flash 7 maybe half the time, with a personal best fluke of 13
catches. I will accept your challenge, sir!

Sondre �verby

Apr 27, 2009, 11:00:30 AM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

We're going to put a prize up there as well. If ten people or more
contribute with altogether $250 or more, I am adding $35 of my own cash.

Sondre

Andreas Folk

Apr 27, 2009, 12:04:40 PM4/27/09
Dann hau rein Steffen. Sch�n, da� du noch dadran �ben willst :)

Andreas

Rikard

Apr 27, 2009, 12:29:57 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Im in
My record is a qualify, but i havnt juggled in months and i think i need
something to do.
Thanks Jacob!

johncaudrey

Apr 27, 2009, 12:43:36 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Go on then! I'll give it a go as well. I am trying to up my personal bests
in various other juggling props/numbers at the moment so what's one more.
I haven't juggled 7 balls for ages but probably had up to 2 or so throws
at best! Just need to borrow something to film it on now.

John

John

KooKie

Apr 27, 2009, 12:43:37 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Good call!

Haven't practiced 7 balls in ages, been concentrating on 5 ball patterns,
5 ball mills in particular. Just felt I wasn't good enough to do 7.

Now I am.. but 100 catches? That's going to take a lot of time.

Kim

PB 20 something catches. Sloppy...

jimifun

Apr 27, 2009, 1:18:01 PM4/27/09

i think the real race is between people of similar skill. so you and me. i
can flash 6, my 5 is fairly solid nearly 100 catches . so let us race.
winner buys lunch for the loser.

janjongleer

Apr 27, 2009, 1:51:56 PM4/27/09
> ok!deal. (my 5b is also 100 catches).jan

gantenbein

Apr 27, 2009, 2:53:10 PM4/27/09
Andreas Folk wrote:

> Dann hau rein Steffen. Sch�n, da� du noch dadran �ben willst :)
>
> Andreas

Danke!

Hab' vorhin Deinen 7 Ball Rekord gesehen in der Datenbank gesehen. 1min!
Saustark! Da m�chte ich auch hin - irgendwann mal ...

Gru�
Steffen

PS: falls Du irgendwo ein Video von einem l�ngeren 7-Ball Run rumliegen
hast w�re ich sehr interessiert daran es zu sehen. Ich finde es hilft
Videos von Leuten anzusehen, die den Trick, an dem man gerade selbst
arbeitet, schon beherrschen.

Ian-Chess

Apr 27, 2009, 3:00:51 PM4/27/09

A good idea, I'm in. My personal best is 17 catches. I need to work on a
cleaner pattern...

jgl smltr v0

Apr 27, 2009, 3:38:19 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

IM IN!!!!!!!!!!

arnejuggling

Apr 27, 2009, 3:41:28 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

My personal best I did the day before yesterday. 70 catches. I think it
would be unfair to compete, but if I get the 100 catches I'll inform you
:-D
Arne

The Void

Apr 27, 2009, 5:37:54 PM4/27/09
johncaudrey wrote:
> I haven't juggled 7 balls for ages but probably had up to 2 or so throws
> at best!

Two throws, ay? How many catches?

The Void
PB 38 catches, ages ago, but I'm not enthusiastic enough to enter.

--
TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

johncaudrey

Apr 27, 2009, 5:51:35 PM4/27/09
The Void wrote:

> johncaudrey wrote:
> > I haven't juggled 7 balls for ages but probably had up to 2 or so throws
> > at best!
>
> Two throws, ay? How many catches?
>
> The Void
> PB 38 catches, ages ago, but I'm not enthusiastic enough to enter.
>
> --
> TLMB tees & hoodies: www.tlmb.net/tees

Sorry missed some zeros off somehow!
After spending 30 minutes or so this evening and getting a best of 11
catches, I am wondering how enthusiastic I will be in a weeks time!
John

John

Michał

Apr 27, 2009, 6:03:44 PM4/27/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Good idea with the competition:) But my progress is quite slowwww. I can
flash 7 balls. Although I tried to do more ... it seems to be very
difficult:)

Good luck everybody:)

unirox13

Apr 27, 2009, 6:05:22 PM4/27/09
i am in, i've qualified it twice but never any more. good luck to all

gantenbein

Apr 28, 2009, 6:25:35 AM4/28/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Hi,

I've created a spreadsheet for the 15 contestants we have so far,
including the first name (where it's know or I could guess), the handle,
the personal best (if given) and the date of entry into the contest. I'll
paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though). The order is
by decreasing PB. It's purpose is to give some overview.

Steffen

name handle PB entered

Dav? Aymeric 39 04/27/2009
Steffen gantenbein 21 04/27/2009
Kim KooKie 20 04/27/2009
Ian Ian-Chess 17 04/27/2009
Mark markool89 15 04/27/2009
Rikard Rikard 15 04/27/2009
John johncaudrey 14 04/27/2009
Max unirox13 14 04/27/2009
mea...@gmail.com 13 04/27/2009
Jacob Jacob:Sacher 8 04/27/2009
Micha Michał 7 04/27/2009
Jan janjongleer 0 04/27/2009
Jimi jimifun 0 04/27/2009
Dave ultimategaida ? 04/27/2009
Julius jgl smltr v0 ? 04/27/2009

gantenbein

Apr 28, 2009, 6:39:48 AM4/28/09
gantenbein wrote:
> I'll paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though).

well now I know...

any pointers how to paste a table so that it looks like a table when
viewed with the IJDB interface?

Steffen

Guy G

Apr 28, 2009, 6:51:06 AM4/28/09
gantenbein wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> > I'll paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though).
>
> well now I know...
>
> any pointers how to paste a table so that it looks like a table when
> viewed with the IJDB interface?
>
> Steffen

The way you did it is fine, you just need to click the "Fixed font" link
at the top of the page to view it.

Guy

gantenbein

Apr 28, 2009, 6:56:32 AM4/28/09
Guy G wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> >
> > gantenbein wrote:
> > > I'll paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though).
> >
> > well now I know...
> >
> > any pointers how to paste a table so that it looks like a table when
> > viewed with the IJDB interface?
> >
> > Steffen
>
> The way you did it is fine, you just need to click the "Fixed font" link
> at the top of the page to view it.
>
> Guy

Cool!

Thanks a lot!!

Steffen

Matthew Tiffany

Apr 28, 2009, 7:14:03 AM4/28/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

can i play too? but with 8 balls instead of 7? my current record is 64
catches, i know thats a bit close but 8 balls is really hard.
tiff

Matthew Tiffany

Apr 28, 2009, 7:16:16 AM4/28/09

you get 100catches every time you juggling simulators, all of you! no
matter what pattern i ask you to do!!!
tiff

Benas

Apr 28, 2009, 8:10:52 AM4/28/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

I'm in. My personal's best is about 20 catches, but I can flash only one
time in 3 tries :)

LuisMi

Apr 28, 2009, 8:24:32 AM4/28/09

I want enter too. Me with 8/9 balls for me is equal i have both patterns
at same point 25 catches are my record of 8b half shower and 9b cascade,
so... if you don't like our propositions we could make another race :).
But I hope it's not a problem, as Matthew says 8 (9) balls is really hard

buster

Apr 28, 2009, 9:05:36 AM4/28/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

count me in, consistent flash at present

markool89

Apr 28, 2009, 10:18:56 AM4/28/09

Hey
Great idea! I think im going to do this too, incase you cant(or forget/get
bored). And im going to have it for continual download, so people can see.
=)

-Mark-

candle cat rat

Apr 28, 2009, 11:19:51 AM4/28/09
I'm up for this,

consistent flash, imbalanced twenty-something PB

as for the 8-9 ballers,
instead of shaming us with your higher numbers,
I think you should have to do the 7 cascade, but with
the restriction of repeatedly chanting 'Kabadi'
and looking directly in to the camera.

markool89

Apr 28, 2009, 11:21:08 AM4/28/09
candle cat rat wrote:

> I'm up for this,
>
> consistent flash, imbalanced twenty-something PB
>
> as for the 8-9 ballers,
> instead of shaming us with your higher numbers,
> I think you should have to do the 7 cascade, but with
> the restriction of repeatedly chanting 'Kabadi'
> and looking directly in to the camera.

What does 'Kabadi' mean?

Thornton

Apr 28, 2009, 11:28:21 AM4/28/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

I might as well take part; I need something to do for the summer. I can
currently flash it every other time or so, current pb of 13 catches clean
think.

lynne

Apr 28, 2009, 11:30:48 AM4/28/09
markool89 wrote:

> candle cat rat wrote:
> >
> > I'm up for this,
> >
> > consistent flash, imbalanced twenty-something PB
> >
> > as for the 8-9 ballers,
> > instead of shaming us with your higher numbers,
> > I think you should have to do the 7 cascade, but with
> > the restriction of repeatedly chanting 'Kabadi'
> > and looking directly in to the camera.
> >

> What does 'Kabadi' mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaddi

markool89

Apr 28, 2009, 11:36:52 AM4/28/09

Ahh, thanks! Maybe i should of done that myself!

-Mark-

Aymeric

Apr 28, 2009, 1:33:21 PM4/28/09

Great initiative, Steffen!
For the sake of completeness, I've recently changed my handle in my
profile (used to be the
cumbersome Le_lemGo), and am now using my actual name :)
Do you intend to keep the list updated as people post their progress?

Aymeric - or lemGo, whatever...

Aymeric

Apr 28, 2009, 1:42:38 PM4/28/09
Aymeric wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> Good idea, Jacob!
> I'm in on it!
> I can qualify 7 consistently, but I haven't worked at it seriously for
> ages. My PB is 39 (from 2 years ago!), but nowadays, I rarely get past the
> 25 catches. This race idea could be a good motivation for taking it up
> again :)
> Besides, as Steffen pointed out, it could be a good idea to update one
> another on our progress. Maybe once in a week in this thread?
>

> Aymeric.

First update from here.
First of all, my qualify isn't as consistent as I thought (well, I guess
that's what happens when you
don't actually count)! Out of 45 attempts, I only managed to qualify (or
above) 12 times, only twice
clean! My best run was 29. The video's underway.
I can't practice today, so I'll probably give it a go tomorrow and post
the update.

Aymeric.

Michał

Apr 28, 2009, 2:18:18 PM4/28/09

Are you going to do 100 catches of 9B cascade soon? Wow, in database you
will be the third juggler after Thomas Dietz and Anthony Gatto:)
For me 7 balls cascade is very difficult, but training 9 balls.. it
requires lots of time and skill:)

Anyway, good luck:)

LuisMi

Apr 28, 2009, 2:31:26 PM4/28/09

Oh no man xD! maybe in a year... or two xD But I'm sure that if I compete
I will train more my 9b cascade and that's good. I have good expectations
with my 9b cascade but nevertheless 7b is much easier, no way xD.

Bye!
LuisMi

gantenbein

Apr 28, 2009, 2:34:22 PM4/28/09
Aymeric wrote:

> Great initiative, Steffen!
> For the sake of completeness, I've recently changed my handle in my
> profile (used to be the
> cumbersome Le_lemGo), and am now using my actual name :)
> Do you intend to keep the list updated as people post their progress?
>
> Aymeric - or lemGo, whatever...

Yes I thought I would do something like that. It looks however like Mark
has volunteered to take over that responsibility and in a much better
format too! Who am I to object :-).

Steffen

Bekah.Smith

Apr 28, 2009, 10:55:44 PM4/28/09
Oh what the hell...sounds like a fun challenge. I can only flash 7 right
now, and even though there's very little chance that I'll get to 100
catches any time soon, I'll use this as incentive to work on it!

- beKAH!

Andreas Folk

Apr 29, 2009, 10:02:28 AM4/29/09
das geht mir da ganz �hnlich, hab leider nich so oft gelegenheit zum
filmen. mal schaun, was sich da in naher zukunft so machen l��t :)

andi

Sam Malcolm

Apr 29, 2009, 12:33:25 PM4/29/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

I'll do it to. I can barely flash 7 now, but In a few weeks when I have a
flash solid I'll get it just wait.

eMretsiM

Apr 29, 2009, 12:42:46 PM4/29/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Ooh my current record is 37 so I have a slight head start but I'm not
really practising 7 balls that much. I'd rather get my 6 more solid.
However I still want to take part in this race!

KooKie

Apr 29, 2009, 1:29:57 PM4/29/09

It's Juggling wednesday!

So I'm going to try to film my 7 balls.

I hope I can get a clean run of 20-25 on tape. Still think 100 is too much
though. It's like with difficult 5 ball patterns. You quickly get it to a
qualify, but running it for 100 catches takes months, even years...

This works though, seeing as I'm 3th in the ranking makes me want to win
:-)

gantenbein

Apr 29, 2009, 2:46:04 PM4/29/09
22 contestants now!
Kim your not third anymore :-)

first name handle PB enter
Dav Aymeric 39 04/027/2009
Al eMretsiM 37 04/028/2009
Steffen gantenbein 21 04/027/2009
Kim KooKie 20 04/027/2009
Benas 20 04/028/2009
candle cat rat 20 04/028/2009
Ian Ian-Chess 17 04/027/2009
Mark markool89 15 04/027/2009
Rikard Rikard 15 04/027/2009
unirox13 14 04/027/2009
John johncaudrey 14 04/027/2009
mea...@gmail.com 13 04/027/2009
Thornton 13 04/028/2009
Bekah Bekah.Smith 8 04/028/2009
Jacob Jacob:Sacher 8 04/027/2009
Micha Michał 7 04/027/2009
buster 7 04/028/2009
Sam Sam Malcolm 7 04/028/2009
Jimi jimifun 0 04/027/2009
Jan janjongleer 0 04/027/2009
Julius jgl smltr v0 ? 04/027/2009
Dave ultimategaida ? 04/027/2009

BTW: Would any of the contestants care to reveal their age? I'm an elderly
chap myself (42 yrs) so my progress with this is rather slow. I'd be
interested whether there is anyone else in my age group.

Sam Malcolm

Apr 29, 2009, 3:11:21 PM4/29/09

I wouldn't doubt that there are some people in your age group doing this.
I'm almost 19 , birthday in may.

Aymeric

Apr 29, 2009, 4:13:08 PM4/29/09
> > > Micha Micha�‚ 7 04/27/2009
> Micha Micha�‚ 7 04/027/2009

> buster 7 04/028/2009
> Sam Sam Malcolm 7 04/028/2009
> Jimi jimifun 0 04/027/2009
> Jan janjongleer 0 04/027/2009
> Julius jgl smltr v0 ? 04/027/2009
> Dave ultimategaida ? 04/027/2009
>
> BTW: Would any of the contestants care to reveal their age? I'm an elderly
> chap myself (42 yrs) so my progress with this is rather slow. I'd be
> interested whether there is anyone else in my age group.

I turned 35 last month.
Thought it could be interesting to add other trivia such as: I use
home-made russians, 53mm, 110g.

Aymeric.

Aymeric

Apr 29, 2009, 4:15:00 PM4/29/09

Update number 2:
42 attempts today, only 6 past the qualify mark, none clean. Best run
today: 21 catches!

Sam Malcolm

Apr 29, 2009, 4:30:35 PM4/29/09
Hey me to. 2.5 in. 85 grams.
lately I've been trying to use pinky balls but they're very challenging.

gantenbein

Apr 29, 2009, 4:42:24 PM4/29/09
Aymeric wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> >

> > BTW: Would any of the contestants care to reveal their age? I'm an elderly
> > chap myself (42 yrs) so my progress with this is rather slow. I'd be
> > interested whether there is anyone else in my age group.
> >

> I turned 35 last month.
> Thought it could be interesting to add other trivia such as: I use
> home-made russians, 53mm, 110g.
>
> Aymeric.

Yup, that puts you in the senior (35-70 year old) category! Maybe we
should have a seperate ranking in that category :-)
I use sandfilled street hockey balls, low density 66mm 125g. Very easy to
collect.

How's this: http://7ballrace.de.tl./Spreadsheet-May-1st-2009.htm
(very crude I know, but it was free and I couldn't be bothered to search
anything better)

ordo.v

Apr 29, 2009, 5:16:32 PM4/29/09

candle cat rat wrote:

> I'm up for this,
>
> consistent flash, imbalanced twenty-something PB
>
> as for the 8-9 ballers,
> instead of shaming us with your higher numbers,
> I think you should have to do the 7 cascade, but with
> the restriction of repeatedly chanting 'Kabadi'
> and looking directly in to the camera.

Yes! 8-9 ballers should do that if they want.

ordo.v

Apr 29, 2009, 5:30:58 PM4/29/09
> Micha Michał 7 04/27/2009

> Jan janjongleer 0 04/27/2009
> Jimi jimifun 0 04/27/2009
> Dave ultimategaida ? 04/27/2009
> Julius jgl smltr v0 ? 04/27/2009

I am in. My current best is 11 catches. I use homemade beanbags 125gm. Age
30 :(

jonnyb29

Apr 29, 2009, 5:55:07 PM4/29/09
I joining the fun. My PB is around 30 but i have been working on it on and
off for years. I am 22 and juggle 67mm/115gm Sport Co beanbags.

buster

Apr 30, 2009, 6:59:51 AM4/30/09

I just miss the senior categeroy, coming in at 33yrs old and I use home
made underfilled beanbags (85g) or homemade, 100% natural, monkey's fist
balls (110g)

TK

Apr 30, 2009, 8:56:27 AM4/30/09
gantenbein wrote:

> BTW: Would any of the contestants care to reveal their age? I'm an elderly
> chap myself (42 yrs) so my progress with this is rather slow. I'd be
> interested whether there is anyone else in my age group.

I am not an official entrant as I am only auditing the course, using it
as a motivation tool. I recently threw away a pair of shoes older than
42 (those wing-tips wear like iron and were about as comfortable) and am
currently only 62.5 but getting older every day.

I am currently doing 10 five ball flashes at seven ball height with a
gap about every hour. If it works, *you* will hear about it.

--
TK
http://wejuggle2.com/

markool89

Apr 30, 2009, 10:14:06 AM4/30/09

Thats very good!
Better than what i was planning!

-Mark-

markool89

Apr 30, 2009, 10:38:38 AM4/30/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

And as inspiration for everyone, heres someone doing it for 484 Catches!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PB-DAs8Y8

Aymeric

Apr 30, 2009, 2:58:24 PM4/30/09

Cool! That looks good!
Since I can't practice for more than 10 minutes a day, I've also made
detailed spreadsheets for each practice session. Would you be interested
to include those as well? Of course, it could be more interesting if other
particpants did that too :)

Aymeric.

Aymeric

Apr 30, 2009, 3:00:01 PM4/30/09

Update number 3:
50 attempts, 21 past the qualify, of which 11 clean! Best run: 31 catches!
A good day!

gantenbein

Apr 30, 2009, 6:14:58 PM4/30/09
Aymeric wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> >
> > How's this: http://7ballrace.de.tl./Spreadsheet-May-1st-2009.htm
> > (very crude I know, but it was free and I couldn't be bothered to search
> > anything better)
> >

> Cool! That looks good!
> Since I can't practice for more than 10 minutes a day, I've also made
> detailed spreadsheets for each practice session. Would you be interested
> to include those as well? Of course, it could be more interesting if other
> particpants did that too :)
>
> Aymeric.

Sure, I'll put up whatever you sent me. I think it's a good idea to
exchange practice regimes, experiences, advice and so forth.

Steffen

gantenbein

Apr 30, 2009, 6:19:50 PM4/30/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

OK I'll follow Aymeric's example and post an update:

Today, during my lunchbreak at work, I managed to repeat my personal best
of 21 throws, reasonably clean (I think I had to take one step forward to
collect the last ball).

So not exactly what you'd call progress, but it felt good, almost like
juggling 7 :-).

J Clark

Apr 30, 2009, 8:42:45 PM4/30/09
Matthew Tiffany wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> can i play too? but with 8 balls instead of 7? my current record is 64
> catches, i know thats a bit close but 8 balls is really hard.
> tiff

I'll bite too. My PB with 8 is around 30. Let the race begin!

Reuben

May 1, 2009, 12:38:04 PM5/1/09
> 22 contestants now!
> Kim your not third anymore :-)

Or fourth :) Put me on the list too - my PB is 28 catches.

Thanks,

Reuben (15 years old)

> first name handle PB enter
> Dav Aymeric 39 04/027/2009
> Al eMretsiM 37 04/028/2009
> Steffen gantenbein 21 04/027/2009
> Kim KooKie 20 04/027/2009
> Benas 20 04/028/2009
> candle cat rat 20 04/028/2009
> Ian Ian-Chess 17 04/027/2009
> Mark markool89 15 04/027/2009
> Rikard Rikard 15 04/027/2009
> unirox13 14 04/027/2009
> John johncaudrey 14 04/027/2009
> mea...@gmail.com 13 04/027/2009
> Thornton 13 04/028/2009
> Bekah Bekah.Smith 8 04/028/2009
> Jacob Jacob:Sacher 8 04/027/2009
> Micha Michał 7 04/027/2009
> buster 7 04/028/2009
> Sam Sam Malcolm 7 04/028/2009
> Jimi jimifun 0 04/027/2009
> Jan janjongleer 0 04/027/2009
> Julius jgl smltr v0 ? 04/027/2009
> Dave ultimategaida ? 04/027/2009

Ian-Chess

May 1, 2009, 5:42:40 PM5/1/09
It was a bit sloppy, but I got 19 catches of 7 today.(out of 20 throws)

Plumsie

May 2, 2009, 1:49:34 AM5/2/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

What the hell, Count me in.

Plumsie, Personal Best 12 catches (probably 2 years ago) age 30

Plumsie.
13th June

Jacob:Sacher

May 2, 2009, 4:53:57 AM5/2/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Yes!
I got 9 catches

Jacob:Sacher

edward

May 2, 2009, 9:14:31 AM5/2/09
Thornton wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> I might as well take part; I need something to do for the summer. I can
> currently flash it every other time or so, current pb of 13 catches clean
> think.

In that case I will try and get 7 down too then. I had a shot outdoors, so
my best is 14 catches (about 20 attempts to get there though).

rhalf

May 2, 2009, 9:25:04 AM5/2/09
gantenbein wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> > I'll paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though).
>
> well now I know...
>
> any pointers how to paste a table so that it looks like a table when
> viewed with the IJDB interface?

http://tinyurl.com/5ry7y3

MartinQ

May 2, 2009, 10:37:09 AM5/2/09
I might as well try this also. Although my main goal this summer should be
writing a thesis, learning seven balls sounds more fun.

Current PB = 29 catches.

Regards

Martin

ultimategaida

May 2, 2009, 2:20:09 PM5/2/09
ultimategaida wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> Im in!!
>
> ~Dave (uncollected sloppy qualify) Gaida

Are all of the entrants supposed to update their progress here?
Well if we are....

Update #1

From my PB 16, today I got 27 catches clean!
(OT airflite happiness, I broke 400 catches with 5 clubs today!)

~Dave (woot woot) Gaida (UltimateGaida) aged 26 years.
PB made with 3inch 150g Sil-X balls from PLAY! Auguri L'Italia!

gantenbein

May 2, 2009, 3:19:25 PM5/2/09
rhalf wrote:

> gantenbein wrote:
> >
> > gantenbein wrote:
> > > I'll paste it here (I have no clue how it'll come across though).
> >
> > well now I know...
> >
> > any pointers how to paste a table so that it looks like a table when
> > viewed with the IJDB interface?
>

> http://tinyurl.com/5ry7y3

Exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks!

Steffen

gantenbein

May 2, 2009, 3:23:47 PM5/2/09
MartinQ wrote:

> I might as well try this also. Although my main goal this summer should be
> writing a thesis, learning seven balls sounds more fun.
>
> Current PB = 29 catches.
>
> Regards
>
> Martin

Out of curiosity: What kind of thesis are you supposed to write?

Steffen

Aymeric

May 2, 2009, 4:11:55 PM5/2/09

Update number 4:
71 attempts, mostly crappy runs today, only 14 above qualify, of which
only 3 were clean! Best run: 22 catches.

johncaudrey

May 3, 2009, 5:29:15 AM5/3/09
Made 20 catches today during a particularly messy 7 ball run.

MartinQ

May 3, 2009, 9:12:02 AM5/3/09
gantenbein wrote:

> MartinQ wrote:
> >
> > I might as well try this also. Although my main goal this summer should be
> > writing a thesis, learning seven balls sounds more fun.
> >
> > Current PB = 29 catches.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Martin
> >

> Out of curiosity: What kind of thesis are you supposed to write?
>
> Steffen

Its for an M.A. in criminology. I shall refrain from going into detail
here but lets just say its less fun than five balls...

Martin

rhalf

May 3, 2009, 9:27:09 AM5/3/09

Hey! that's exactly what I'd call 'progress'. People are too concentrated
on counting cathes and missing more important things about their
patterns...
Same with their lives ;D

rhalf

May 3, 2009, 9:31:49 AM5/3/09
Matthew Tiffany wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> can i play too? but with 8 balls instead of 7? my current record is 64
> catches, i know thats a bit close but 8 balls is really hard.
> tiff

Oh oh! May I join with six then? :D

edward

May 3, 2009, 12:35:54 PM5/3/09

If everyone is updating their progress on jugglingdb.com then it might be
easier to have a script pulling that info down rather than collecting it
all by hand, just a thought anyway..

Sam Malcolm

May 3, 2009, 4:01:56 PM5/3/09
Sam Malcolm wrote:

> Jacob:Sacher wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> > At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> > much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> > So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> > would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> > wins.
> > It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
> >
> > Time starts.....NOW
> >
> > Jacob:Sacher
> >

> I'll do it to. I can barely flash 7 now, but In a few weeks when I have a
> flash solid I'll get it just wait.

I got 9 catches yesterday with a perfect pattern and a clean finish. I had
it on video but since it was cold out, the lens fogged up and you can't
see anything. I'll try again tonight indoors probably.

KooKie

May 3, 2009, 10:38:15 PM5/3/09

Inspiration, you say :-).

Kim
(PB still 21.. I just don't get why it can be that hard.)

gantenbein

May 4, 2009, 12:49:23 AM5/4/09
Excellent thought! It's just that I can't do it. Anyone volunteering?

Steffen

^Tom_

May 4, 2009, 1:21:17 PM5/4/09

^Tom_

May 4, 2009, 1:22:14 PM5/4/09
oops, sorry about the double post:

PB of 11, some near 12s, and some nice runs yesterday too... I'll join,
will let you know my progress.

^_

3kliksphilip

May 4, 2009, 2:43:32 PM5/4/09

Why not time everybody from when they first qualify to when they reach 100
catches? This way it'll be more fair, and people in a couple of years'
time will be able to also compete. Sure, there will be cheaters, but you
can't stop them.

Aymeric

May 4, 2009, 4:23:06 PM5/4/09

76 attempts today. Best run: 26 catches.

Aymeric

May 4, 2009, 4:33:55 PM5/4/09
gantenbein wrote:

> Aymeric wrote:
> >
> > gantenbein wrote:
> > >
> > > How's this: http://7ballrace.de.tl./Spreadsheet-May-1st-2009.htm
> > > (very crude I know, but it was free and I couldn't be bothered to search
> > > anything better)
> > >

> > Cool! That looks good!
> > Since I can't practice for more than 10 minutes a day, I've also made
> > detailed spreadsheets for each practice session. Would you be interested
> > to include those as well? Of course, it could be more interesting if other
> > particpants did that too :)
> >
> > Aymeric.
> >

> Sure, I'll put up whatever you sent me. I think it's a good idea to
> exchange practice regimes, experiences, advice and so forth.
>
> Steffen

Yup. That's the whole idea with this challenge, isn't it?

I appreciated reading Scott Sorenson's post in the links section of the
7ballrace site, thanks for providing it! I'll try the advice of changing
balls once in a while to get the pattern more solid :)

Here's brief description of my typical practice session:

- warm-up: neck, shoulers, arms, wrists and fingers, maybe 5 minutes in all
- mainly 4, 5 and 6 ball siteswaps with loads of 7's in them (usually 15
to 20 minutes) before getting on to 7
- approximately 10 minutes on 7, shifting the starting hand now and again
- stretching

Aymeric

May 4, 2009, 4:43:28 PM5/4/09

Oh, and btw, after I read Steffen's post in the 'wrist pain' thread, ths
reminded me: everyone taking part, this challenge (well, as far as I'm
concerned!) is for fun! So, don't go and hurt yourself! And enjoy yourself
in the process :)

robfirey

May 5, 2009, 6:09:22 AM5/5/09
Count me in

Good idea, I saw a few attempts from people on jtv so why not.

Don't really do balls so not that motivated, maybe this is the thing to
help motivate me.
PB somewhere around 19

Rob Firey

Benas

May 5, 2009, 9:29:44 AM5/5/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Oh no..
My 7th ball crashed yesterday, now I have only 6 balls to juggle.

unirox13

May 5, 2009, 5:08:12 PM5/5/09

today after about 50 tries not only did i up my pb from 14 to 19, but i
also managed to qualify to gather twice in a row. go me. lol

Aymeric

May 5, 2009, 5:17:36 PM5/5/09

Today's best: 29 catches, 75 attempts. Moving on to smaller and lighter
balls (55mm, 85g) didn't seem to make a big overall difference.

^Tom_

May 5, 2009, 6:39:56 PM5/5/09
^Tom_ wrote:

> oops, sorry about the double post:
>
> PB of 11, some near 12s, and some nice runs yesterday too... I'll join,
> will let you know my progress.
>
> ^_

I finally got a good run today, I think I made 17 catches, first qualify.

KooKie

May 5, 2009, 6:43:43 PM5/5/09
Jacob:Sacher wrote:

> Hello
> At the moment I'm trying to learn 7 balls, but I'm finding I dont have
> much motivation. I can flash just about on command but no more than that.
> So what I propose, for anyone who can flash 7 balls, or is learning, or
> would like to learn. Is a race, the first person to 100 catches on video
> wins.
> It may take a few months or even a few years but someone will get there.
>
> Time starts.....NOW
>
> Jacob:Sacher

Tomorrow is juggling wednesday again! Yay!

I'm 7th! Darn...

Time to step up. 70% sure I'm going to smash my PB this time though,
hopefully on camera.

gantenbein

May 6, 2009, 7:00:41 AM5/6/09
gantenbein wrote:

> OK I'll follow Aymeric's example and post an update:
>
> Today, during my lunchbreak at work, I managed to repeat my personal best
> of 21 throws, reasonably clean (I think I had to take one step forward to
> collect the last ball).
>
> So not exactly what you'd call progress, but it felt good, almost like
> juggling 7 :-).
>
> Steffen

Update #2:

I just came back from my lunchbreak which I usually use to juggle.
Increased my personal best to 23 catches.
Major improvement noted: Looks like I'm starting to be able to correct
minor (read: VERY MINOR) mistakes in the pattern and keep juggling.

Steffen

BTW: I only consider collision-free runs with a clean finish for my
personal bests.

ultimategaida

May 6, 2009, 10:00:01 AM5/6/09
> Update #2

From My PB 27 clean, today I got 29 clean 5 times today. I also got a
great run of 33! BUT I failed to collect the 7th ball, does that count? I
don't think it should ;), but its cool if it does. Oh yeah, are we
supposed to post vids of our new progress???

~Dave (woot woot) Gaida (UltimateGaida) aged 26 years.
> PB made with 3inch 150g Sil-X balls from PLAY!

--

It is loading more messages.