New Record List

George A. Strain

Jan 25, 1994, 2:31:33 AM1/25/94
Yes, it is true! Dave Ward and I are reviving the net record list. Dave
will continue to maintain the permanent record list, while I'll be running
the yearly records. These records will automatically have a 1 year
expiration date from the day they are set. Please note that all new records,
whether yearly or all-time should be sent to me. Please use e-mail if at
all possible as I don't always read all of the news before our news server
starts deleting old stuff (3 days). I'm not going to post the yearly list
yet because there would only be 3 records on it by a couple of the Grinell
troop (hope you guys don't feel slighted. Anyway, please e-mail away, I
will try to post an updated list every 2 or 3 monthes depending on the net
response. Please try to provide all the information as on the current list,
ie., Name, Record Description, Date, Record Length, Club Affiliation (if any).
I also reserve the right to reject any records I feel are totally bogus :>

Oh, and Arthur Lewbel, 2 things, first: is it possible that the 2nd 12 club
3 person line was a 13 club line? You set it so you should remember!
Second: we have a new ball numbers GOD in the club who is going to eat you
guys alive (7 ball reverse for over a minute)!

And don't forget that the Groundhog's Day Festival is coming up in 2 weeks!

- George Strain
acm...@gsusgi2.gsu.edu

Alan Morgan

Jan 26, 1994, 12:32:10 PM1/26/94
In article <acmgas.7...@gsusgi1.gsu.edu>
acm...@gsusgi2.gsu.edu (George A. Strain) writes:
>Yes, it is true! Dave Ward and I are reviving the net record list.

Groovy. It is about time I booted Ed Carstens off the 9 ball cascade
record. You're dog food Ed.

>Second: we have a new ball numbers GOD in the club who is going to eat you
>guys alive (7 ball reverse for over a minute)!

I can do that, but I keep falling off the rolo bola.

Heh.

Seriously, who is the GOD (Gatto's Own Deity) and how long can he/she
do 7 balls for normally. Does Gatto have some competition for the
7 ball record? Should us sissy-boy jugglers who can barely do 7 for
100 catches just hang our heads in shame?

>- George Strain

Alan
----
.sig out making bad jokes
Q: How many Albert Lucas' does it take to change a light bulb?
A: 12. Well that's what he *says*.

Q: How many Boppo's does it take to change a liightbulb?
A: Four. Four. One.

Russell Scott Peters

Jan 26, 1994, 3:50:07 PM1/26/94
al...@gateway.efi.com (Alan Morgan) writes:

>In article <acmgas.7...@gsusgi1.gsu.edu>
> acm...@gsusgi2.gsu.edu (George A. Strain) writes:

[stuff deleted]

>>Second: we have a new ball numbers GOD in the club who is going to eat you
>>guys alive (7 ball reverse for over a minute)!

>I can do that, but I keep falling off the rolo bola.

>Heh.

>Seriously, who is the GOD (Gatto's Own Deity) and how long can he/she
>do 7 balls for normally. Does Gatto have some competition for the
>7 ball record? Should us sissy-boy jugglers who can barely do 7 for
>100 catches just hang our heads in shame?

>>- George Strain

The GOD is Darrell Sims, but he's not quite as good as Gatto. He can do
7 for a couple of minutes. I think his best with 8 is around 40 catches. He
does 8 in a 9 ball pattern with a hole, but he doesn't work on 9 as far as
I have seen. His site swap patterns will blow your mind -- heck -- they
would blow Boppo's mind. He does this thing where he does a 5 cascade and
then does this 7 7 1 7 1 7 pattern, but then he goes into a reverse cascade
7 7 1 7 1 7. After that I'm lost. Actually I'm picking my jaw off of the
floor. I get disgusted at good jugglers. It will either motivate you to
practice that much more or lead you to quit ...

Russ