8 clubs - How many have flashed it?

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 23, 2008, 4:34:31 PM10/23/08
So, these are the people I know who have done at least 8 catches with 8
clubs:

On video:
Anthony Gatto ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C59fSpvX89I )
Jason Garfield ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9NA0VrRiKs )
Willy Colombaioni ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5LY-CXl9AU )
Emil Dahl ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCHHYVZJgVo )

Claims/Witnesses:
Toby Walker (I think people has seen him do 999999990, he's certainly
capable of doing 8)
Niels Duinker ( http://tinyurl.com/5oc9l6 )
Chris Fowler (Maybe sticks)
Scott Sorensen (I think)
Darin Marriot ( http://tinyurl.com/62psqm )

Not really clubs:
David Cain, Bruce Tiemann, Enrico Rastelli (Sticks, bah!)
Jian Wen Qian (Badminton rackets, ouch!)

Any more, any misstakes?

Erik, who got 7 throws with 4 clubs in one hand today, too bad I have to
start with 3 in one hand and 1 in the other.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 23, 2008, 4:44:34 PM10/23/08
Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> Claims/Witnesses:

Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html

:-)

Daniele

--
Ex malo bonum.

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 23, 2008, 4:58:19 PM10/23/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> > Claims/Witnesses:
>
> Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
> http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html
>
> :-)
>
> Daniele

Oh, and I (incorrectly) assumed that the same Qian brother who did 12
rings also did 8 rackets, apparently not.

Guillermo Conde

Oct 23, 2008, 5:36:33 PM10/23/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> > Claims/Witnesses:
>
> Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
> http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html
>
> :-)
>
> Daniele

This has made me think some things... I had already read elsewhere (I
don't remember where) about Anthony doing 9 clubs for 13 throws, so, must
I assume this is really true? I never heard Anthony talking about it, only
that he "once worked in 9 clubs"...
Next thing, I'm not even going to sound surprised because I don't believe
it to be possible: 10 clubs flash? What the hell is that? Is there anybody
who can tell me something about that? Maybe we should ask Anthony directly
in his forum...
And finally, I think it is pretty strange that, 1900 years ago, someone
could spend years and years practicing something as hard as eight torches;
you know, life was a little different yesteryear, above all for a guy who
couldn't be a professional, because he was a rabbi...
Well, I suppose that the time it is now and having read about someone
flashing 10 clubs has definitely freaked me out for tonight.

Guillermo Conde

Chadd Hammer

Oct 23, 2008, 10:09:59 PM10/23/08
Erik Jernqvist wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> > > Claims/Witnesses:
> >
> > Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
> > http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Daniele
> >

> Oh, and I (incorrectly) assumed that the same Qian brother who did 12
> rings also did 8 rackets, apparently not.

I remember definitely seeing an eight racket flash, though I didn't catch
the name.

Kevin McBeth

Oct 23, 2008, 11:03:04 PM10/23/08

Ben Thompson - video is on Facebook.

Warren Hammond

Oct 24, 2008, 12:21:20 AM10/24/08

Add Luke Jay to the list. Saw him do it at the 1997 IJA fest in
Pittsburgh one day in the gym.

-Warren

Adam Rowney

Oct 24, 2008, 6:17:30 AM10/24/08
Guillermo Conde wrote:
> This has made me think some things... I had already read elsewhere (I
> don't remember where) about Anthony doing 9 clubs for 13 throws, so, must
> I assume this is really true? I never heard Anthony talking about it, only
> that he "once worked in 9 clubs"...
> Next thing, I'm not even going to sound surprised because I don't believe
> it to be possible: 10 clubs flash? What the hell is that? Is there anybody
> who can tell me something about that? Maybe we should ask Anthony directly
> in his forum...
> And finally, I think it is pretty strange that, 1900 years ago, someone
> could spend years and years practicing something as hard as eight torches;
> you know, life was a little different yesteryear, above all for a guy who
> couldn't be a professional, because he was a rabbi...
> Well, I suppose that the time it is now and having read about someone
> flashing 10 clubs has definitely freaked me out for tonight.

"On 07/11/2008 Anthony said on his forum: 'Someone asked if I ever tried 9
clubs. The answer is yes, I have caught 8 out of 9 in a flash. I never
actually flashed it complete. I didn't put too much time in it."
(Thanks to Gantenbein for that)

"Not to mention a more recent post where he said he doesn't push his limits
anymore, so if someone's going to flash 9 clubs in the near future, it
probably won't be Gatto."
(And thanks to JugglerPeter)

http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/thread.php?id=205587&group=1

Daniele Caselli

Oct 24, 2008, 7:13:01 AM10/24/08
For newsreader users, the two relative message-ids are:

Sempre Adam Rowney ha scritto:

> "Not to mention a more recent post where he said he doesn't push his limits
> anymore, so if someone's going to flash 9 clubs in the near future, it
> probably won't be Gatto."
> (And thanks to JugglerPeter)

As a valid message-ID search engine I suggest
http://howardk.freenix.org

Daniele

--
Sum quod eris, fui quod sis.

David Cain

Oct 24, 2008, 8:29:54 AM10/24/08
On Oct 24, 12:21 am, war...@warrenhammond.com.nospam.com (Warren

That was with sticks, though, I believe. I think they were Scott
Sorensen's sticks. Scott's flashed eight sticks and eight clubs. I
have a new trick where I balance 10 sticks / clubs on my head while
juggling 5 rings, but I don't think that quite counts!!!

David Cain
Proud performer of the eight stick flash

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 24, 2008, 9:01:53 AM10/24/08
Guillermo Conde wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> > > Claims/Witnesses:
> >
> > Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
> > http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Daniele
> >
> This has made me think some things... I had already read elsewhere (I
> don't remember where) about Anthony doing 9 clubs for 13 throws, so, must
> I assume this is really true? I never heard Anthony talking about it, only
> that he "once worked in 9 clubs"...
> Next thing, I'm not even going to sound surprised because I don't believe
> it to be possible: 10 clubs flash? What the hell is that? Is there anybody
> who can tell me something about that? Maybe we should ask Anthony directly
> in his forum...

Surely, if Jason Garfield can get 11 throws with 9 clubs and 10 throws
with 10, then someone who is better than hi at club numbers (and there's
plenty) should have more success. I would say that it could be easier to
do 10 catches with 10 clubs rather than a clean 10 club flash. A 10 stick
flash is most certainly feasible.

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 24, 2008, 9:12:28 AM10/24/08
Guillermo Conde wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > Il 23/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist ha scritto:
> > > Claims/Witnesses:
> >
> > Add one name: Shimon ben Gamaliel
> > http://juggling.org/help/numbers/records/clubs-08.html
> >
> > :-)
> >
> > Daniele
> >
> This has made me think some things... I had already read elsewhere (I
> don't remember where) about Anthony doing 9 clubs for 13 throws, so, must
> I assume this is really true? I never heard Anthony talking about it, only
> that he "once worked in 9 clubs"...
> Next thing, I'm not even going to sound surprised because I don't believe
> it to be possible: 10 clubs flash? What the hell is that? Is there anybody
> who can tell me something about that? Maybe we should ask Anthony directly
> in his forum...

Surely, if Jason Garfield can get 11 throws with 9 clubs and 10 throws

with 10, then someone who is better than hi at club numbers (and there's
plenty) should have more success. I would say that it could be easier to
do 10 catches with 10 clubs rather than a clean 10 club flash. A 10 stick
flash is most certainly feasible.

Adam Rowney

Oct 24, 2008, 2:46:43 PM10/24/08

When did that happen?
Any video evidence or just word of mouth?

Norbi

Oct 24, 2008, 3:00:15 PM10/24/08

> When did that happen?
> Any video evidence or just word of mouth?

Video

JugglerPeter

Oct 24, 2008, 3:16:07 PM10/24/08
It's scary how clean his flash is. All handles and like everything Ben
does, he looks bored.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 24, 2008, 3:30:20 PM10/24/08
Il 24/10/2008 Norbi ha scritto:
>> When did that happen?
>> Any video evidence or just word of mouth?
>>

> Video

Could you add more infos, please?!
Which video? One of the Juggling Masters?

Daniele Caselli

Oct 24, 2008, 3:41:38 PM10/24/08
Il 24/10/2008 JugglerPeter ha scritto:
>> Kevin McBeth wrote:
>>
>>> Erik Jernqvist wrote:
>>>
>>> So, these are the people I know who have done at least 8 catches with 8
>>> clubs:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Any more, any misstakes?

>> Ben Thompson - video is on Facebook.
>>
> It's scary how clean his flash is.

Oh damn it, I hate Facebook (I've cancelled my account weeks ago) but
because of my hate I won't see this juggling beauty... :-(

> All handles and like *everything Ben does, he looks bored*.

Uhm the Vova's disease hits again! :-)

Daniele

Sondre Øverby

Oct 24, 2008, 3:47:28 PM10/24/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> Il 24/10/2008 Norbi ha scritto:
> >> When did that happen?
> >> Any video evidence or just word of mouth?
> >>

> > Video
>
> Could you add more infos, please?!
> Which video? One of the Juggling Masters?

Juggling Master 2000 has the 9 and 10 club attempts as well as his 14
throws and 11 catches of 12 balls, plus tons of other stuff.

Sondre - who has watched that video at least 20 times

Guillermo Conde

Oct 24, 2008, 4:28:04 PM10/24/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:

> > > Video
> >
> > Could you add more infos, please?!
> > Which video? One of the Juggling Masters?
> >

> Juggling Master 2000 has the 9 and 10 club attempts as well as his 14
> throws and 11 catches of 12 balls, plus tons of other stuff.
>

> Sondre - who has watched that video at least 20 times

Oh my god, and where can I achieve that video? Does he have succes with
any of his 9/10 clubs attempts?

Guillermo Conde - Who won't rest in peace until having watched that video

Daniele Caselli

Oct 24, 2008, 4:51:22 PM10/24/08
Il 24/10/2008 Sondre Øverby ha scritto:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:

>>> Video
>>
>> Could you add more infos, please?!
>> Which video? One of the Juggling Masters?
>>

> Juggling Master 2000 has the 9 and 10 club attempts as well as his 14
> throws and 11 catches of 12 balls, plus tons of other stuff.
>

> Sondre - who has watched that video at least 20 times

Thanks Sondre!

Daniele

Sondre Øverby

Oct 25, 2008, 10:06:06 AM10/25/08

I think he got 3 catches of 9 clubs and 1 catch of 10 clubs. But it's
still amazing to see him throw them up - and all from his hands, no
holsters!

Here you can purchase a DVD which holds, among other things, this video:
http://thewjfstore.com/tap.php

Sondre

Phil Vermehren

Oct 25, 2008, 3:58:40 PM10/25/08
At my first ever juggling convention (Koelnvention 1998(?)) there was a
guy practicing 8 clubs. I'm pretty certain it was Tobias Rademacher
(www.tobias-rademacher.com). It looked like he must have at least been
able to flash 8 clubs. However I was young and very impressionable at the
time, so perhaps I was seeing things...

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 26, 2008, 8:49:56 PM10/26/08

Well, it's 2 catches and 0 catches, he drops when he tries to catch more.
The right side of his 10 club fountain is just insanely clean.

Adam Rowney

Oct 26, 2008, 11:00:17 PM10/26/08

I can do 0 catches with 10 clubs ;)

Norbi

Oct 26, 2008, 11:43:34 PM10/26/08
>Daniele Caselli wrote:

> >> Kevin McBeth wrote:
> >>
> >> Ben Thompson - video is on Facebook.
>
> Oh damn it, I hate Facebook (I've cancelled my account weeks ago) but
> because of my hate I won't see this juggling beauty... :-(
>
> Daniele

Try this

http://video.ll.facebook.com/video-ll-sf2p/v91/71/62/54640740370_12964.flv

Not sure if that would work, but i think it does.

Norbi
-------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/Turbo418

Adam Rowney

Oct 27, 2008, 1:04:37 AM10/27/08
Norbi wrote:

> > Oh damn it, I hate Facebook (I've cancelled my account weeks ago) but
> > because of my hate I won't see this juggling beauty... :-(
> >
> > Daniele
> >

> Try this
>
> http://video.ll.facebook.com/video-ll-sf2p/v91/71/62/54640740370_12964.flv
>
> Not sure if that would work, but i think it does.

Omg how smooth was that!
!!!

Daniele Caselli

Oct 27, 2008, 6:15:24 AM10/27/08
On 27/10/2008 Norbi wrote:

>> Oh damn it, I hate Facebook (I've cancelled my account weeks ago) but
>> because of my hate I won't see this juggling beauty... :-(
>>
>> Daniele
>>

> Try this
>
> http://video.ll.facebook.com/video-ll-sf2p/v91/71/62/54640740370_12964.flv
>
> Not sure if that would work, but i think it does.
>
> Norbi

Thank you so much!! Yes it works perfectly :)

Daniele

--
C'era una volta un Re cche ddar palazzo
Mannò ffora a li popoli st'editto:

da "Li soprani der monno vecchio", Giuseppe Gioacchino Belli, 1832

Peter Bone

Oct 27, 2008, 6:46:36 AM10/27/08

What clubs is Ben using there? I'm thinking of getting some clubs
specifically for 8 and 9. They look similar to the ones Willy Colombaioni
uses.
Pete

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 27, 2008, 8:43:59 AM10/27/08
Peter Bone wrote:
> What clubs is Ben using there? I'm thinking of getting some clubs
> specifically for 8 and 9. They look similar to the ones Willy Colombaioni
> uses.
> Pete

Well, it's hard to see from this video, but from other videos when he's
using blue clubs they look like henry pirouettes. Willy's clubs look like
renegade toothpicks to me.

Erik, just guessing, really

Jon Peat

Oct 27, 2008, 8:45:12 AM10/27/08
Phil Vermehren wrote:

> At my first ever juggling convention (Koelnvention 1998(?)) there was a
> guy practicing 8 clubs. I'm pretty certain it was Tobias Rademacher
> (www.tobias-rademacher.com). It looked like he must have at least been
> able to flash 8 clubs. However I was young and very impressionable at the
> time, so perhaps I was seeing things...

Seeing is believing...

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 27, 2008, 9:58:38 AM10/27/08
Erik Jernqvist wrote:

> Peter Bone wrote:
> > What clubs is Ben using there? I'm thinking of getting some clubs
> > specifically for 8 and 9. They look similar to the ones Willy Colombaioni
> > uses.
> > Pete
>

> Well, it's hard to see from this video, but from other videos when he's
> using blue clubs they look like henry pirouettes. Willy's clubs look like
> renegade toothpicks to me.
>
> Erik, just guessing, really

Oh, the end caps don't look like renegades since there's a black spot in
the middle.

Sondre Øverby

Oct 27, 2008, 11:47:11 AM10/27/08

Yeah, it's amazing how clean the pattern is! The first 9 throws of 9 was
also very good, but the 10 just blows everything away. Well it wasn't as
clean as, say, someone's 6 clubs, but for 10 it's unbelievable!

Sondre

Sondre Øverby

Oct 27, 2008, 11:48:22 AM10/27/08

They look like small junior rubber clubs to me. I'm pretty sure that's
what they are.

Sondre

Sondre Øverby

Oct 27, 2008, 11:51:12 AM10/27/08

Oh that was CLEAN!

Sondre

Peter Bone

Oct 27, 2008, 12:19:11 PM10/27/08

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 27, 2008, 1:02:59 PM10/27/08

http://www.volango.com/out/3/html/0/dyn_images/z1/babache_31600_z1.jpg
They certainly look like Willy's clubs. I ordered a set of 9 just to test,
after all, that just cost like 2 or 3 regular clubs, so it doesn't matter
if they are complete rubbish and they can't really be since Willy can run
7 of them cleanly.

Peter Bone

Oct 27, 2008, 3:29:09 PM10/27/08

Ben says his are 75mm renegades.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 28, 2008, 8:07:18 AM10/28/08
On 27/10/2008 Peter Bone wrote:
> Ben says his are 75mm renegades.

Amazing!!! The second man ever to "juggle" [1] 8 Renegades, isn't it?

Daniele

[1] I know, I know, it's just a flash while the other man did 16
catches
three times in a practice...

--

Nos resurgemus!

Erik Jernqvist

Oct 28, 2008, 8:24:23 AM10/28/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 27/10/2008 Peter Bone wrote:
> > Ben says his are 75mm renegades.
>
> Amazing!!! The second man ever to "juggle" [1] 8 Renegades, isn't it?

Apart from Garfield, Sorensen, Marriot and Duinker(?), you mean?

Daniele Caselli

Oct 28, 2008, 8:46:45 AM10/28/08
On 28/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist wrote:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:
>>
>> On 27/10/2008 Peter Bone wrote:
>>> Ben says his are 75mm renegades.
>>
>> Amazing!!! The second man ever to "juggle" [1] 8 Renegades, isn't it?
>
> Apart from Garfield, Sorensen, Marriot and Duinker(?), you mean?

Did Garfield juggle Renegade before becoming a PX3 testimonial?

I didn't know Sorensen was also a good club juggler (I knew him as a
talented ring juggler), and I thought Duinker used Pirouettes.

Anyway thanks

Daniele

--

Nos resurgemus!

Sondre Øverby

Oct 28, 2008, 10:20:15 AM10/28/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 28/10/2008 Erik Jernqvist wrote:
> > Daniele Caselli wrote:

> >> Amazing!!! The second man ever to "juggle" [1] 8 Renegades, isn't it?
> >
> > Apart from Garfield, Sorensen, Marriot and Duinker(?), you mean?
>
> Did Garfield juggle Renegade before becoming a PX3 testimonial?

Who said he ever switched to PX3s?

Sondre

Daniele Caselli

Oct 28, 2008, 10:36:36 AM10/28/08
On 28/10/2008 Sondre Øverby wrote:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:

>>> Apart from Garfield, Sorensen, Marriot and Duinker(?), you mean?
>>
>> Did Garfield juggle Renegade before becoming a PX3 testimonial?
>>

> Who said he ever switched to PX3s?
>

> Sondre

Does he sell PX3 on his website but still uses Renegade?
(
http://www.thewjfstore.com/px3clubs.php?PHPSESSID=d7e9df7c41cbc407c63fe17c9b429781
)

Really? He knows his own mind! :)

Daniele

--

«Tristo è quel discepolo che non avanza il suo maestro.»
Leonardo da Vinci, Codice Forster III.

Sondre Øverby

Oct 28, 2008, 11:24:10 AM10/28/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 28/10/2008 Sondre Řverby wrote:
> > Daniele Caselli wrote:

> >> Did Garfield juggle Renegade before becoming a PX3 testimonial?
> >>

> > Who said he ever switched to PX3s?
> >

> > Sondre
>
> Does he sell PX3 on his website but still uses Renegade?
> (

http://www.thewjfstore.com/px3clubs.php?PHPSESSID=d7e9df7c41cbc407c63fe17c9b429781
> )
>
> Really? He knows his own mind! :)
>
> Daniele

Can't you think of ANY other reason for selling a product than "I'm using
the same myself"?

Daniele Caselli

Oct 28, 2008, 11:32:11 AM10/28/08
On 28/10/2008 Sondre Øverby wrote:

> Can't you think of ANY other reason for selling a product than
> "I'm using the same myself"?

Yes I can, but it's not a clever way to sell something not using it
and preferring its rival... Don't you think Sondre? ;)

Sondre Øverby

Oct 28, 2008, 5:21:18 PM10/28/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 28/10/2008 Sondre Řverby wrote:
> >
> > Can't you think of ANY other reason for selling a product than
> > "I'm using the same myself"?
>
> Yes I can, but it's not a clever way to sell something not using it
> and preferring its rival... Don't you think Sondre? ;)
>
> Daniele

No. The WJF is selling PX3s, not Jason Garfield, at least as far as I
know. And as far as I know, the best WJF club juggler is Vova Galchenko,
who just so happens to be using PX3s AND progressing faster than Jason
Garfield ever did.

I suppose we can assume Jason believes PX3 to be best since it allows for
so many more tricks in shorter time and it's more comfortable to juggle,
but he doesn't switch to them himself because he's used to something else,
like Anthony might have been even better had he used PX3s all his life,
but now he's so used to Renegades he doesn't want to switch. But mind you,
he did try out PX3 for a month or so.

Emman

Oct 29, 2008, 12:00:21 AM10/29/08

Actually Jason DID switch to Px3s... Blue deco, if you want more info
about them.(I know you do)

Emman

TraxxasJedi

Oct 29, 2008, 12:51:02 AM10/29/08

Emman

Oct 29, 2008, 1:03:26 AM10/29/08

Those were silver deco with black trim if I remember well. But I don't see
why you bring this up.

Emman

Daniele Caselli

Oct 29, 2008, 6:16:49 AM10/29/08
On 28/10/2008 Sondre Øverby wrote:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:

>> On 28/10/2008 Sondre Øverby wrote:
>>>
>>> Can't you think of ANY other reason for selling a product than
>>> "I'm using the same myself"?
>>
>> Yes I can, but it's not a clever way to sell something not using it
>> and preferring its rival... Don't you think Sondre? ;)
>>
>> Daniele
>>

> No. The WJF is selling PX3s, not Jason Garfield, at least as far as I
> know.

What's the difference between the WJF and Jason Garfield? :-P

Daniele

P.S.: It is not meant to irritate you Sondre!

Little Paul

Oct 29, 2008, 6:37:48 AM10/29/08
On 2008-10-29, Daniele Caselli <eleinadNO...@email.it> wrote:

> What's the difference between the WJF and Jason Garfield?

One leg's both the same?

-Paul
Possibly confusing the WJF and Jason Garfield with a duck.

MartinQ

Oct 29, 2008, 8:47:04 AM10/29/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> What's the difference between the WJF and Jason Garfield? :-P

You might see Jason Garfield on TV again...

Sondre Øverby

Oct 29, 2008, 1:02:02 PM10/29/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> On 28/10/2008 Sondre Řverby wrote:
> > Daniele Caselli wrote:

> >> Yes I can, but it's not a clever way to sell something not using it
> >> and preferring its rival... Don't you think Sondre? ;)
> >>
> >> Daniele
> >>

> > No. The WJF is selling PX3s, not Jason Garfield, at least as far as I
> > know.
>
> What's the difference between the WJF and Jason Garfield? :-P
>
> Daniele
>
> P.S.: It is not meant to irritate you Sondre!

.

Sondre - tempted to make yet another art vs sport thread

Adam Rowney

Oct 29, 2008, 8:48:07 PM10/29/08
Sondre Řverby wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> > What's the difference between the WJF and Jason Garfield? :-P
> >
> > Daniele
> >
> > P.S.: It is not meant to irritate you Sondre!
> >

> .
>
> Sondre - tempted to make yet another art vs sport thread

WJF and Jason debatably very similar...
Art and Sport debatably very different...

Adam - debatably a troll...

David Cain

Oct 30, 2008, 12:14:04 AM10/30/08
I can't believe we've all forget Francoise Rochais and her eight
batons. I can't find it now, but she used to have video of the eight
baton flash online.

David Cain

Adrian Pole

Oct 30, 2008, 3:32:08 AM10/30/08

I've been fortunate enough to see her 7 batons, and it was a really
extravegant looking pattern with those huge and solid, heavy batons. 8?
wow.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 30, 2008, 9:03:23 AM10/30/08
So until now the list is:

*8 clubs*:

Colombaioni Willy
Dahl Emil
Garfield Jason
Gatto Anthony
Sorensen Scott
Thompson Benjamin

*8 sticks*:

Cain David
Jay Luke
Rastelli Enrico
Rochais Françoise
Sorensen Scott
Tiemann Bruce

*8 badminton rackets*:

Qian Jian Ping

*Not sure*:

Duinker Niels
Fowler Chris
Marriot Darin
Walker Toby

*Probably legend* :-)

ben Gamaliel Shimon

David Cain

Oct 30, 2008, 9:13:49 AM10/30/08
On Oct 30, 9:03 am, Daniele Caselli <eleinadNOSPAMPLE...@email.it>
wrote:

Well, Chris Fowler definitely has done 8 sticks, so you can add him to
that category.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 30, 2008, 9:19:27 AM10/30/08
So until now the list is:

*8 clubs*:

Colombaioni Willy
Dahl Emil
Garfield Jason
Gatto Anthony
Sorensen Scott
Thompson Benjamin

*8 sticks*:

Cain David
Fowler Chris

Jay Luke
Rastelli Enrico
Rochais Françoise
Sorensen Scott
Tiemann Bruce

*8 badminton rackets*:

Qian Jian Ping

*Not sure*:

Duinker Niels

Adam Rowney

Oct 30, 2008, 10:24:57 AM10/30/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> So until now the list is:

> *8 sticks*:

> Cain David
> Fowler Chris
> Jay Luke
> Rastelli Enrico
> Rochais Françoise
> Sorensen Scott
> Tiemann Bruce

Would you not say a baton is different form a stick?
I suppose thats debatable.

Daniele Caselli

Oct 30, 2008, 10:39:28 AM10/30/08
On 30/10/2008 Adam Rowney wrote:
> Daniele Caselli wrote:
>>
>> So until now the list is:
>
>> *8 sticks*:
>>
>> Cain David
>> Fowler Chris
>> Jay Luke
>> Rastelli Enrico
>> Rochais Françoise
>> Sorensen Scott
>> Tiemann Bruce
>
> Would you not say a baton is different form a stick?
> I suppose thats debatable.

Yes in fact I was doubtful where to insert her exploit...
Next time I will probably create another section "batons" :)

Daniele

Sondre Øverby

Oct 30, 2008, 11:48:16 AM10/30/08
Daniele Caselli wrote:

> So until now the list is:
>
> *8 clubs*:
> *Not sure*:
>
> Walker Toby

Mathias Salmenaho told me he saw Toby flash 8 clubs on the third try when
they were practicing together once.

Sondre

Sondre Øverby

Oct 30, 2008, 11:48:43 AM10/30/08
Adam Rowney wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > So until now the list is:
>
> > *8 sticks*:
> >
> > Cain David
> > Fowler Chris
> > Jay Luke
> > Rastelli Enrico
> > Rochais Françoise
> > Sorensen Scott
> > Tiemann Bruce
>
> Would you not say a baton is different form a stick?
> I suppose thats debatable.

If so, everything is debatable. They are definetely very different!

Sondre

AliTheJuggler

Oct 30, 2008, 1:04:06 PM10/30/08
Adam Rowney wrote:

> Daniele Caselli wrote:
> >
> > So until now the list is:
>
> > *8 sticks*:
> >
> > Cain David
> > Fowler Chris
> > Jay Luke
> > Rastelli Enrico
> > Rochais Françoise
> > Sorensen Scott
> > Tiemann Bruce
>
> Would you not say a baton is different form a stick?

should we have a different section for each type of club used to flash 8
aswell then?

Daniele Caselli

Oct 30, 2008, 2:02:18 PM10/30/08
On 30/10/2008 Sondre Øverby wrote:

> Mathias Salmenaho told me he saw Toby flash 8 clubs
> on the third try when they were practicing together
> once.

Thanks for the alert: I'll update the list in the next
days... I'm waiting for other alerts.

Daniele

Sondre Øverby

Oct 30, 2008, 4:22:03 PM10/30/08
AliTheJuggler wrote:

> Adam Rowney wrote:
> >
> > Daniele Caselli wrote:
> > >
> > > So until now the list is:
> >
> > > *8 sticks*:
> > >
> > > Cain David
> > > Fowler Chris
> > > Jay Luke
> > > Rastelli Enrico
> > > Rochais Françoise
> > > Sorensen Scott
> > > Tiemann Bruce
> >
> > Would you not say a baton is different form a stick?
>
> should we have a different section for each type of club used to flash 8
> aswell then?

Yeah, and let us have one category for each juggler, and one for each
nationality, language, yes, accent! Voice categories as well of course -
the race of each juggler, heck, why not just have one category for each
active gene in the body! Good idea, yes?

Sondre

Adam Rowney

Oct 31, 2008, 7:58:44 AM10/31/08

Or we could just do what the message title says,
"8 clubs - How many have flashed it?"
And include only clubs...
Not batons, not sticks, not badminton rackets...