Looking for clubs made by Crumley, Gemini, Miller, Parker, Booth, and Jenack

DavidCain

Jul 28, 2012, 3:37:05 PM7/28/12
I'm putting together a collection of American made juggling clubs from 1895 to present for my exhibit of historical juggling props. I have clubs made by Van Wyck, Lind, Mann, Green, Raynolds, Letchworth, JuggleBug, Dube, Todd Smith, and Renegade. I'm still looking for clubs made by:

Claude Crumley (Chicago area)
Gemini Jugglers / Rob Leith (New Jersey)
Jack Miller (Missouri)
Jenack Circus Corp
Harry Parker
David Booth

Most of those are from the mid 70's to the early 80's. If anyone has any of those, knows of anyone who does, or knows how to get in contact with anyone who might, please let me know. Thanks a ton.
David Cain

Little Paul

Jul 30, 2012, 6:32:39 AM7/30/12
On 2012-07-28, DavidCain <davidcai...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm putting together a collection of American made juggling clubs from 1895
> to present for my exhibit of historical juggling props.

Nice one! Do you have any photos/video of the collection so far? This is
the sort of thing which really tickles my interest...

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

DavidCain

Jul 30, 2012, 10:00:26 AM7/30/12
On Monday, July 30, 2012 6:32:39 AM UTC-4, Little Paul wrote:
> On 2012-07-28, DavidCain wrote:
>
> > I'm putting together a collection of American made juggling clubs from 1895
>
> > to present for my exhibit of historical juggling props.
>

> Nice one! Do you have any photos/video of the collection so far? This is
>
> the sort of thing which really tickles my interest...
>

> -Paul
>
> --
>
> http://paulseward.com

Well, I'm expecting five packages of stuff today, including props from Bobby May, Albert Lucas, Francoise Rochais, and Rudy Cardenas, but here's what I have online so far. It's set to public, but if you can't see it, please let me know.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4321012942646.2183644.1206730986&type=3
Let me know what you think. Thanks.
David

Little Paul

Jul 31, 2012, 5:31:43 AM7/31/12
On 2012-07-30, DavidCain <davidcai...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I'm expecting five packages of stuff today, including props from
> Bobby May, Albert Lucas, Francoise Rochais, and Rudy Cardenas,

Wow - jealous doesn't come close ;-)

> but here's
> what I have online so far. It's set to public, but if you can't see it,
> please let me know.
> https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4321012942646.2183644.1206730986&type=3

I get:

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be
temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or
you may not have permission to view this page.

So erm... not sure.

> Let me know what you think.

I hope you can work out the facebook issue (or host it somewhere more
properly) as I'm itching to see it :)

While I'm here, I don't suppose you can offer any insights on this
thread can you David? http://www.jugglingedge.com/smalltalk.php?ThreadID=343

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

DavidCain

Jul 31, 2012, 10:13:00 AM7/31/12
Paul,
It must be viewable only from an active facebook account. If you have a friend with an account, try it there for the time being. I'm working on getting a separate website, but it will have to wait at least a few months. I'll try to address the jugglingedge discussion later today. I might have some additional info. Thanks.
David

Little Paul

Jul 31, 2012, 10:29:56 AM7/31/12
On 2012-07-31, DavidCain <davidcai...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It must be viewable only from an active facebook account. If you
> have a friend with an account, try it there for the time being. I'm
> working on getting a separate website, but it will have to wait at
> least a few months.

Fair enough, I'll see if I can find a facebook user at the same time
as me being near a computer (not as easy as it might sound)

> I'll try to address the jugglingedge discussion later today. I might
> have some additional info.

Cool, I thought that if anyone did it was probably you :)

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

DavidCain

Jul 31, 2012, 11:05:28 AM7/31/12
Well, I don't have much to report, unfortunately. The video does appear to be the Gratchewi Trio, but I wonder where the slack rope is. Other than missing the slack rope, it all appears to be correct. I do think I have some brief video of them on the masts with the slack rope, but I have no idea where it would be. I'm supposed to be getting all of my old vhs tapes digitized within the next year. Then things will be much easier, I hope. I haven't been about to find a think about the 4 Robbies. Sorry. Paul, do you want me to email you pics of some of my collection? Thanks.
David

Little Paul

Aug 1, 2012, 9:51:07 AM8/1/12
On 2012-07-31, DavidCain <davidcai...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Well, I don't have much to report, unfortunately. The video does
> appear to be the Gratchewi Trio, but I wonder where the slack rope
> is. Other than missing the slack rope, it all appears to be correct.

Nice one, thanks!

> I do think I have some brief video of them on the masts with the
> slack rope, but I have no idea where it would be. I'm supposed to
> be getting all of my old vhs tapes digitized within the next year.
> Then things will be much easier, I hope.

Heh! Best of luck with that, that doesn't sound like a small task
by any means! :) I suppose that if nothing else you'll have to
watch the whole lot so you can label/index the acts.

I know that some of the material you've got can't be shared because
of promises made when you aquired it, but I'm sure anything that you
are able to share would be lapped up by juggling.tv viewers. :D

> I haven't been about to find a think about the 4 Robbies. Sorry.

A bit of context might have helped. It'd be easier if we knew what
sort of act they had I think. Oh well, thanks for looking anyway!

> Paul, do you want me to email you pics of some of my collection?

Yes please! lp at lpbk dot net is deliverable, but the from address
on this post isn't.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

JJ Conductor

Aug 3, 2012, 9:00:03 PM8/3/12
DavidCain wrote:
> do you want me to email you pics of some of my collection? Thanks.
> David

I'd love to have any pictures you are willing to share. You can reach me
here:
http://jugglejunction.org/sendMessage.php

Thanks!

Dave, Juggle Junction Conductor

rsch...@sbcglobal.net

Dec 26, 2012, 5:09:05 PM12/26/12
I have a set of clubs By Claude Crumley, that I would like to sell. They are 5 in total, slim european style with gold foil and cork bottoms. they are in pretty good shape.

Let me know if intrested, otherwise they are ebay bound.

DavidCain

Dec 26, 2012, 5:24:56 PM12/26/12

Please email me at davidcai...@hotmail.com. Thanks.