passingdb is back online

JB Hurteaux

Jun 21, 2012, 9:50:32 AM6/21/12
Hello all,

Short version:
passingdb is back online (www.passingdb.com)

Long version:
The site had been online since October.
I've been off the juggling/passing world for a few years, so passingdb
was a bit abandoned.
Anyway, thanks to Christoph and Stoffi, it's now back online.
Stoffi now provides hosting and domain registration, and takes
ownership of the site.
There are still minor things not working that I'm aiming to fix
shortly (some of them being the pages added after December 2004).

Enjoy,
JiBe

PS: cross-posted from the pass-out list

Little Paul

Jun 21, 2012, 11:12:19 AM6/21/12
On 2012-06-21, JB Hurteaux <jb.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Short version:
> passingdb is back online (www.passingdb.com)

Great!

> There are still minor things not working that I'm aiming to fix
> shortly

At the moment, it's just serving empty pages to me, I assume that's
one of the things you're working on :)

Thanks for bringing it back though, once it's up and working I'll add
it to the links list on jugglelounge.com - talking of which, come on in
and join us for a chat...

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com

JB Hurteaux

Jun 21, 2012, 11:35:58 AM6/21/12
On 21 juin, 17:12, Little Paul <use...@lpbk.net> wrote:
> At the moment, it's just serving empty pages to me, I assume that's
> one of the things you're working on :)

No really, it's supposed working overall. And it's working for me.
Maybe a DNS propagation issue that needs a bit of delay.
Can you try again tomorrow and let me know ?

Jay Linn

Jun 21, 2012, 11:54:10 AM6/21/12
On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 16:35:58 +0100, JB Hurteaux <jb.hu...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Working fine here.

http://www.passingdb.com for the lazy.

--
Jay Linn

C'mon Engerland lager football oi rah!

Little Paul

Jun 22, 2012, 5:34:15 AM6/22/12
On 2012-06-21, JB Hurteaux <jb.hu...@gmail.com> wrote:
After a bit of fiddling around I think I know what's going on.

You've got a AAAA (IPv6) record in your DNS, and I'm on an IPv6 capable
connection so my web browser tries to talk IPv6 to your web server and
gets a blank page back.

If I disable IPv6 on my internet connection, I can talk to the IPv4
address on your server fine and I get passingdb in all it's yellow
glory! (yay!)

So, either feed back to your hosting company that their web server
isn't serving up your content via IPv6 properly, or drop the AAAA
record out of your DNS.

-Paul
--
http://paulseward.com