Bring back JuggleWiki

kylE browN

Sep 27, 2011, 10:03:21 PM9/27/11
I must of missed something is their no one that can repair and bring back
JuggleWiki. When i was begining juggling i would look at the tricks that
people would post and try and do them i made a book of all the tricks i
wanted to do, or thought would be possible to do. I've been wanting to
look back over that list for some time now to see if their is any thing i
can work on. Or if someone gets it running and keeps it running people can
post new tricks. I can't do this cause I don't know how. Im I alone here

David Cherepov

Sep 28, 2011, 9:00:52 AM9/28/11
Siteswap generators and youtube videos have everything now, but it would
be nice to have JuggleWiki

Miika

Sep 30, 2011, 7:16:05 PM9/30/11
http://jugglewiki.org/

http://wikiindex.org/JuggleWiki

Or were those not you were looking for? :-)

It does seem http://www.jugglewiki.org/ isn't quite as healthy as it once
was. After moving off the IJDb, it never really seemed to lure in new
contributors and even the content that was there somehow difficult to
approach. But don't worry too much, it's not lost forever:

http://www.jugglingdb.com/news/thread.php?thread=170811&id=253513

Let's hope JU will soon support easy sharing of animations :-)

-Miika

--

Siteswaps of the day: 973461 , 963741 , 913467

mark1991

Oct 4, 2011, 5:47:10 PM10/4/11
Hi there,

Wow, thanks for those links, hadn't seen them before. Am now exploring the
wonders of JuggleWiki... Thanks again!

Blessings,

Mark

http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

brembl

Oct 6, 2011, 1:06:14 AM10/6/11
Exploring the wonders of jugglewiki? On what site?

mark1991

Oct 6, 2011, 4:42:51 AM10/6/11
Hi there,

This one - http://jugglewiki.org/ - but soon realised only the opening
article was really juggling and the rest is just random rubbish... Sorry
for getting anyones hopes up.

Blessings,

Mark

http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Miika

Oct 6, 2011, 3:17:49 PM10/6/11
mark1991 wrote:
> This one - http://jugglewiki.org/ - but soon realised only the opening
> article was really juggling and the rest is just random rubbish... Sorry
> for getting anyones hopes up.

You could also try the WaybackMachine:

http://web.archive.org/web/20090611135648/http://www.jugglewiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

but the animations don't work at least for me. I guess you could still see
the input for the animator somewhere and view them with Juggling Lab if
something sounded worth the trouble, but a lot of the experience is
undoubtably lost.

-Miika

--

Siteswaps of the day: 946731 , 964713 , 936417

Reeses2150

Oct 6, 2011, 4:55:06 PM10/6/11
Well, I think a lot of people either completely forgot or overlooked
wikia, the site where you go to create a wiki of any sort. I don't have
enough time to port the entire old wiki to this one from the wayback
machine, but I figured that one was a bit hard to navigate anyways PLUS, a
wiki is supposed to be edited by everyone.

So here it is! The new juggling wiki I just opened up, put a few articles
and pictures onto, and am now posting here so everyone can help add to it,
even if it is just a profile page about themselves!

http://juggle.wikia.com/wiki/Juggle_Wiki

mark1991

Oct 6, 2011, 6:45:43 PM10/6/11
Hi Miika,

Thanks for this, thats brilliant! Really appreciate it!

Blessings,

Mark

http://magicnewstelevision.com/mn/magicalmark

Tobias

Oct 7, 2011, 6:36:47 AM10/7/11
Does anyone have a backup of the old jugglingwiki database? If it's a
mediawiki, I might have a place to host it...

--
Tobias