need some quotes!

Buddha

Jul 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/29/96

Anybody have any quotes regarding smiles, friends/friendship, beauty,
and the heart?
Thanks!
- B.

Student

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96
> - B."War is of a matter vital to the state" -Sun Tzu

Michael Wilson

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

Buddha <mkt...@uci.edu> wrote in article
<Pine.SOL.3.91.960729...@rigel.oac.uci.edu>...

> Anybody have any quotes regarding smiles, friends/friendship, beauty,
> and the heart?
> Thanks!
> - B.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

--
______ _____ __ __ _______ ____ ___ _____ __ __
| _____|/ _ \| | | |__ __| \ | |/ _ \ \ \/ /
| ____|| (_) | |_| |__| |__| |\ | (_) |/ /\ \
|______|\___ _/ \_____/|_______|___| \____|\_______//__/ \__\
\__\
. .---------------------------------------------------------.
_--_|\ | wil...@foxtel.com.au | "Do or do not. |
/ \ | | There is no try!" |
\_.--._/ | http://www.foxtel.com.au/wilsonm/ | - Yoda |
. .---------------------------------------------------------.

Bruce L. Stimpson

Jul 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/30/96

Buddha wrote:

> Anybody have any quotes regarding smiles, friends/friendship, beauty,
> and the heart?
> Thanks!
> - B.

Yeah, there's the old classic:

"You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose.
But you can't pick your friend's nose."

Then somebody added...

"And you can't flip your friends under the couch."

-Bruce.

Louis Bueno

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

On Tue, 30 Jul 1996 17:53:03 -0500, "Bruce L. Stimpson"
<stim...@tips-inc.com> wrote:

# "You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose.
# But you can't pick your friend's nose."
#
# Then somebody added...
#
# "And you can't flip your friends under the couch."
#
# -Bruce.

Or better still:

"You can pick your nose, and you can pick your friend's nose, but
you can't wipe your friend on the back of the couch."

:-)

--Lou

Dieter Zasche E1

Jul 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/31/96

Buddha (mkt...@uci.edu) wrote:

: Anybody have any quotes regarding smiles, friends/friendship, beauty,
: and the heart?
: Thanks!
: - B.

[Southern drawl ON] A broken hot is hod to fix. [Southern drawl OFF]
A dog is a man's best friend. Isn't that depressing ?
A friend is someone who advises you not to use Windows.
An enemy of your enemy isn't necessarily your friend - maybe an ally.
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.
A smile is the best way to bare your teeth.
Beauty is skin deep. But how rich you are can last a long time.
Can you smile while saying f-f-f-f-uckface ?
Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.
Even the most beautiful woman ends at her feet.
Incredibly beautiful women are trouble. What's wrong with trouble ?
Look up and smile for the satellite !
Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty !
Save water. Shower with a friend.
Some things are too true to be beautiful.
The only way to have a friend is to be one.
The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.

- I hope that helps.

--
_ _
(·< FFPX (Fiel Fergnügen, Pleibt's Xund) >·)
>/^^ smail D.Zasche, IPP,Boltzmannstraße 2, D-85748 Garching ^^\<

A Nothofer

Aug 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM8/12/96

Dieter Zasche E1 wrote:
Here is a list someone emailed me once:

"who put the 'stop payment' on my reality check?"

Warning: dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?

Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I.R.S.: We've got what it takes to take what you've got!

We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Always remember you're unique...just like everyone else.

"More hay, Trigger?" "No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!"

Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.

Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.

I won't rise to the occasion, but I'll slide over to it.

What is a "free" gift? Aren't all gifts free?

If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic.

"Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes."

Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be
happy.

Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

The gene pool needs a little chlorine.

When there's a will, I want to be in it.

Okay, who put the "stop payment" on my reality check?

Few women admit their age. Fewer men act theirs.

All generalizations are false.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

"Criminal Lawyer" is a redundancy.

We have enough youth, how about a fountain of SMART?

...and here are some of my favourites:

If a train station is where a train stops, what's a workstation

Experience: The wonderful knowledge that enables you to
recognise a mistake when you make it again.

"The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of
someone to blame it on."
Jone's Law

"The difference between life and a movie script is that the script has
to make sense."
-- Humphrey Bogart

"Gravitation can not be held resposible for people falling in love"

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour.
Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute.
THAT'S relativity."
-- both Einstein

The difference between genius and stupidity ?
Genius has its limits !

An idea that is not dangerous is unworthy
of being called an idea at all. Oscar Wilde

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
--- Rudyard Kipling

No one thought up being;
he who thinks he has
Step forward
Jim Morrison

each day is a drive thru history
Jim Morrison

You can't be a Real Country unless you have A BEER and an
airline it helps if you have some kind of a football team,
or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a
BEER.
-- Frank Zappa

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists
elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Calvin & Hobbes.

Perhaps the reason we fear the unknown
is because we know ourselves so well

"I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge, that myth is
more potent than history, I belive that dreams are more powerful than
facts. I believe that hope will always triumph over experience, that
laughter is the only cure for grief and I believe that love is stronger
than death."
--R. Fulgrum

"Ninety nine percent of the people of this world are fools,
and the rest of us are in great danger of contagion"

The X Files

Robinson Crusoe is the only person who got all his work done by Friday.

I hope you like them,

Angela