The SNES has made it to Idaho!

Steve Petrie

Aug 26, 1991, 9:21:57 AM8/26/91

The SNES made it to Toys-R-Us here the afternoon of 8-22-91. They received
about a dozen of them, and they appear to be going fast. I haven't found
them anywhere else yet. The package price is $199.99, and includes everything
needed to us it (control unit, power adapter, RF adapter, AV cable, 2
controllers ) plus Super Mario World. There were also 2 other games availble.
Pilot Wings, and F-Zero, both for $49.99 .

I bought mine friday, 8-23 (the 4th one they'd sold ), along with F-zero.

F-zero really surprised me! A highly addictive driving game! At first
glance, I wasn't sure this one would hold my interest, or take that long to
get thru. Not so! There's enough variation in how to play F-zero, I know I'll
be coming back to this one again, and again!

SMW (Super Mario World) seems to be a really good follow on to SMB-III. Alot
of the same complexities, plus some new moves and powerups to help you on your
way. This is NOT going to be a short game. I really enjoyed the original
Super Mario games, and this one is no exception. I'm really glad Nintendo
chose to include a really good game such as SMW with the SNES.

The digital sounds produced by the SNES are AMAZING! Just blew me away!

I'm really looking forward to Zelda-III. The screen shots look terrific.

If you've been waiting for the SNES, like I was, I don't think you'll be
disappointed. This is a great system!

-Steve st...@hpdmd48.hp.com

Doug Passey

Aug 30, 1991, 10:47:48 PM8/30/91

I agree! The Super NES was a hit. The best part I like about
it is the graphics and sound. (for example, the shading and eerie
sounds in the ghost house) When I was at the mall with my friend,
we walked by the TrySoft Nintendo stand and saw a bunch of signs that
said, "SUPER NES ARRIVES TODAY". We asked a sales person what time
they would arrive. He said that they should be here any second. I
ran to find my mom and asked her if she'd buy it for me. She said
that she didn't want to write a $200 check. So I went home and boxed
up my NES and put a ad in the paper. 3 days later, someone bought it.
We went out and bought it that night and I played it SOOO long.

Why did they release it earlier than the release date in
my video game magazine?

-Jamie (Doug's son)

Douglas S. Rand

Sep 4, 1991, 10:14:48 AM9/4/91
In article <728...@hplsla.HP.COM> do...@hplsla.HP.COM (Doug Passey) writes:

.. rave review deleted ...

Why did they release it earlier than the release date in
my video game magazine?

Welcome to the real world where reporters get their facts wrong. Actually
the reporters probably got it right but reported it as a fact from God,
whereas it was actually their best guess at how long it would take to
ship the first boxes from Japan to US stores.

--
Douglas S. Rand
Internet: <dsr...@mitre.org>