Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

Broken N64 Controllers

Visto 13 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Teresa Rasnake

no leída,
14 sept 1996, 3:00:0014/9/96

The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
released. How are the controllers doing in your area?

Carl.

no leída,
14 sept 1996, 3:00:0014/9/96

They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to recalibrate.

Spellweaver

no leída,
14 sept 1996, 3:00:0014/9/96

Quoth Teresa Rasnake:

> The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
> broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
> takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
> released. How are the controllers doing in your area?

As has been stated before, this is due to the joystick being
mis-calibrated. Leave the joystick in the neutral position,
and press L + R + Start to re-calibrate it. If someone were
to do this whilst pressing in some direction, that direction
would be considered neutral and you would see the effect you
described.

Mahmut Parlar

no leída,
14 sept 1996, 3:00:0014/9/96

In article <323AD1...@worldnet.att.net>,

Teresa Rasnake <Teresa....@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
>broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
>takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
>released. How are the controllers doing in your area?

From what I heard, this happens almost everywhere. However, it is not
broken. It has to do with people playing with the joystick while the N64
is being turned on. When the N64 is powered up, it detects what position
the jostick is in, and considers that the center. So if someone is
pushing on the stick at the same time it is being turned on, it will be
calibrated wrong. To recalibrate during game play, I think you
hold L and R, or L and R and Z. I am not sure about that part, but
believe me, the controller is not broken.

Galina Bokser

no leída,
15 sept 1996, 3:00:0015/9/96

In <Pine.OSF.3.91.96091...@alcor.concordia.ca> "Carl."
<cj_...@alcor.concordia.ca> writes:

>On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:
>
>> The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
>> broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
>> takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
>> released. How are the controllers doing in your area?
>>

> They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to recalibrate.

yeah, press the l and r buttons with start at the same time and they
will recalibrate...

n...@swlink.net

no leída,
16 sept 1996, 3:00:0016/9/96

It might not be that the controllers are broken, but more like out of
calibration, I am not shure hot to calibrate the analog stick some say to
hold L and R and Press Start!
--

n...@swlink.net

The #1 Nintendo 64 Web Site
http://www.swlink.net/~ramman/Nintendo64

Teresa Rasnake <Teresa....@worldnet.att.net> wrote in article
<323AD1...@worldnet.att.net>...

Ken Gagne

no leída,
16 sept 1996, 3:00:0016/9/96

Teresa Rasnake (Teresa....@worldnet.att.net) wrote:
: The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
: broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
: takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
: released. How are the controllers doing in your area?

If the analog stick is not in the neutral (center) position when the
system is started, it will not function properly. Possibly someone was
trying to play when it was powered on that morning?

-Ken Gagne
kga...@zipnet.net
---------------------
75162,3001 CIS Sysop, Video Gaming Central VGCENT
Ken.Gagne Genie Days of Our Lives summarist Showbiz (165)
---------------------
ftp://ftp.zipnet.net/users/kgagne/vidgames - reviews, FAQs, etc
apple2 - Warp Six, etc

# REAL men don't throw gutter balls...

Bert Goodman

no leída,
16 sept 1996, 3:00:0016/9/96

On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:

> The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
> broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
> takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
> released. How are the controllers doing in your area?

You should try reading other posts. This has already been addressed a
whole bunch. It's a stick calibration problem.

Peace
Bert

Twon

no leída,
25 sept 1996, 3:00:0025/9/96

Carl. wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:
>
> > The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
> > broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
> > takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
> > released. How are the controllers doing in your area?
> >

> They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to recalibrate.

There are 2 that are broken at my local TRU.

SiliGoose

no leída,
25 sept 1996, 3:00:0025/9/96

Twon <sput...@geocities.com> wrote:

->Carl. wrote:
->>
->> On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:
->>
->> > The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
->> > broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
->> > takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
->> > released. How are the controllers doing in your area?
->> >
->> >
->>
->> They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to
recalibrate.

->There are 2 that are broken at my local TRU.

You guys have got to realize just how much punishment these display
controllers go through. In the month TRU will have them on display
I'd imagine the controllers have gone through a couple of harsh years
in the life of your average controllers.

-SiliGoose

"I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything special
except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and
to dare to really love completely."
-R. Buckminster Fuller

John & Ramiro Barrera

no leída,
25 sept 1996, 3:00:0025/9/96

Your're right. Most of the time though it's stupid little kids that have
nothing to do, or have no money, and no parents with them, that break
the controllers. One time i saw some little punk kid beating on a PSX
controller for no reason.

Visor

no leída,
26 sept 1996, 3:00:0026/9/96

> You guys have got to realize just how much punishment these display
> controllers go through. In the month TRU will have them on display
> I'd imagine the controllers have gone through a couple of harsh years
> in the life of your average controllers.
>
> -SiliGoose

I was amazed when the machine arrived at Toys R Us around here that the
controllers are left dangling on their cord, which certainly doesn't
appear healthy. BUT the controller worked fine when I tried it.

Prince of Games

no leída,
29 sept 1996, 3:00:0029/9/96

In article <324994...@geocities.com>,
Twon <sput...@geocities.com> wrote:

>Carl. wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:
>>
>> > The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
>> > broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
>> > takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
>> > released. How are the controllers doing in your area?
>> >

>> They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to recalibrate.
>
>There are 2 that are broken at my local TRU.

You see what happens is ( in know this from the SM64 manual), they turn it on
with the joystik all the way to the right, so the system thinks that that is
the defalt (middle, nutral, etc..) so that's why he goes by himself

Zsolt Szabo

no leída,
1 oct 1996, 3:00:001/10/96

In article <3249ED...@concentric.net>,

John & Ramiro Barrera <tro...@concentric.net> wrote:

>Your're right. Most of the time though it's stupid little kids that have
>nothing to do, or have no money, and no parents with them, that break
>the controllers. One time i saw some little punk kid beating on a PSX
>controller for no reason.

Why didn't you say to him "YO MAN, YOU PUNK ASS BITCH, DON'T MAKE ME BEAT
YOUR ASS!!!"

:-)

--
__ //sys 64738-code must always be as tight as possible!
-/_)_ ( _ __) __)___ //URL=HTTP://jhunix.hcf.jhu.edu/~robodude __ One man's

Robert Hessler

no leída,
1 oct 1996, 3:00:001/10/96

Carl. (cj_...@alcor.concordia.ca) wrote:
:
:
: On Sat, 14 Sep 1996, Teresa Rasnake wrote:
:
: > The N64 controllers, at the local TRU, are already
: > broken. One can still move Mario on the screen but, he
: > takes off on his own as soon as the controller is
: > released. How are the controllers doing in your area?
: >
: >
:
: They AREN'T BROKEN, they just require a system reset to recalibrate.

Or you can just hold down L, R, and then hit start (with the
joystick in the center positon, that will recalibrate them too!

Dav...@interramp.com

no leída,
2 oct 1996, 3:00:002/10/96

Actually, one of them at one of my local TRU is definately broken. It
hooks to the right, and no matter how many times you do the
recalibrate function (as stated in the manual and above post, hold L
and R and press start) it only corrects itself for a matter of seconds
and then goes back to doing it again. I'm sure, no doubt, those damn
kids dropped it one too many times on those nice hard TRU
floors......and after a week do you think any TRU employees replaced
it? Of course not!

0 mensajes nuevos