XTC Laced Blood and Kine Resources Contested

Jason Mowat

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Greets,

XTC Laced Blood (hehe) forces the minion to hunt, even at capacity. But,
when you have a minion who has zero blood, they must, as an action, hunt
themselves. Furthermore, they cannot block (since this is a non-hunt
related action). Does the same hold true for a vamp with XTC Laced Blood on
it? Can it react with WWEF during another Methuselah's turn, and perform
reactions (like blocking)?

As for Kine Resources Contested, can this card be played during a two player
game? Furthermore, can the voting Methuselah divvy up 4 pool damage to 1
enemy, and 0 to another? Can they name themselves as a target?

Cheers,
Jason

Jason Mowat

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00

Jason Mowat <jmo...@attglobal.net> wrote in message

> Greets,
>
> XTC Laced Blood (hehe) forces the minion to hunt, even at capacity. But,
> when you have a minion who has zero blood, they must, as an action, hunt
> themselves. Furthermore, they cannot block (since this is a non-hunt
> related action). Does the same hold true for a vamp with XTC Laced Blood
on
> it? Can it react with WWEF during another Methuselah's turn, and perform
> reactions (like blocking)?

Ooops...a bit of a clarification: The vamp with XTC Laced Blood is above
zero blood as well (1+). For the example above, assume that they are at
capacity.

Derek Ray

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000 04:43:25 GMT, "Jason Mowat" <jmo...@attglobal.net>
wrote:

>Greets,
>
>XTC Laced Blood (hehe) forces the minion to hunt, even at capacity. But,
>when you have a minion who has zero blood, they must, as an action, hunt
>themselves. Furthermore, they cannot block (since this is a non-hunt

A hunt action is a +1 stealth action to gain one blood onto your
vampire from the blood bank. No other vampires are involved. Not
sure what "hunt themselves" means here, especially the bit about
"cannot block".

>related action). Does the same hold true for a vamp with XTC Laced Blood on
>it? Can it react with WWEF during another Methuselah's turn, and perform
>reactions (like blocking)?

Oh, I see. A vampire with zero blood can certainly play WWEF and
attempt to block other minions' actions. It cannot play any cards
that cost blood, since it has none, but it could certainly Wake, play
Enhanced Senses, successfully block, go to combat, and then play
Majesty - all at zero blood.

XTC Laced Blood puts no restrictions on the vampire's ability to
block, so a vamp with XTC Laced Blood on it could do this as well, no
matter how much blood was on the vampire.

>As for Kine Resources Contested, can this card be played during a two player
>game? Furthermore, can the voting Methuselah divvy up 4 pool damage to 1
>enemy, and 0 to another? Can they name themselves as a target?

Certainly. You may not divide the pool loss 4-0, however. 3-1 is the
minimum. And yes, you may name yourself as a target, so KRCs in a
two-player game do 3 pool loss to your opponent and one to you.

-- Derek

Deafness never kept composers from hearing the music.
It only stopped them hearing the distractions.

James Coupe

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
On Thu, 22 Jun 2000, Derek Ray wrote:
> Certainly. You may not divide the pool loss 4-0, however. 3-1 is the
> minimum. And yes, you may name yourself as a target, so KRCs in a
> two-player game do 3 pool loss to your opponent and one to you.

Can do that much, that is.

There may be reasons to want to take more pool loss. Gearing up for
Parity Shift is one example of this.

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D

"I know my ex-boyfriend lies. Oh, he does it every time. It's just his
permanent disguise, yeah, yeah, but he's drop dead gorgeous."

LSJ

Jun 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/22/00
Jason Mowat wrote:

> Greets,
>
> XTC Laced Blood (hehe) forces the minion to hunt, even at capacity. But,
> when you have a minion who has zero blood, they must, as an action, hunt
> themselves.

Correct.

> Furthermore, they cannot block (since this is a non-hunt

> related action).

Being empty does not restrict a vampire's ability to block nor does it
restrict a vampire's ability to play reaction cards.
An empty ready vampire cannot take any action other than "hunt", but
other things (reactions, blocking, e.g.) are not restricted.

> Does the same hold true for a vamp with XTC Laced Blood on
> it?

XTC places no restriction on a vampire's ability to block or react.

> Can it react with WWEF during another Methuselah's turn, and perform
> reactions (like blocking)?

Blocking is not technically a "reaction", but yes, it can react
and/or block just fine.

> As for Kine Resources Contested, can this card be played during a two player
> game?

Yes.

> Furthermore, can the voting Methuselah divvy up 4 pool damage to 1
> enemy, and 0 to another?

No." Allocating 4 points between two or more..." denies you the option
of allocating all 4 point to one.

> Can they name themselves as a target?

The Methuselah can allocate some of the points to herself, yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/