LSJ Redistribution and vampire in torpor

Odrich Wendergass

Feb 8, 2006, 11:27:18 AM2/8/06
I tried looking for a ruling on this one but found no result whatsoever
using "redistribution author:lsj". Can anyone help me?

Redistribution
Type: Action
Requires: Sanguinus
+1 stealth action.
[san] This acting vampire gains a blood. Then move any amount of blood
and equipment among the Blood Brothers in this circle.
[SAN] As above, and untap this acting vampire.

Karl is in torpor with 4 blood.
Ilse, with 1 blood, plays Redistribution at SAN. Action successful.

By virtue of the effect of the card, can 2 blood be taken from Karl to
bring Ilse's up to 4 (+1 from Redistribution)? I assume yes, since card
text doesn't require the other Blood Brothers to be ready.

OW.

R0b1et

Feb 8, 2006, 12:12:22 PM2/8/06
> Redistribution
> Type: Action
> Requires: Sanguinus
> +1 stealth action.
> [san] This acting vampire gains a blood. Then move any amount of blood
> and equipment among the Blood Brothers in this circle.
> [SAN] As above, and untap this acting vampire.
>
> Karl is in torpor with 4 blood.
> Ilse, with 1 blood, plays Redistribution at SAN. Action successful.
>
> By virtue of the effect of the card, can 2 blood be taken from Karl to
> bring Ilse's up to 4 (+1 from Redistribution)? I assume yes, since card
> text doesn't require the other Blood Brothers to be ready.

Can I also take the blood and assault rifle my prey's "Mark" has? card
text implies yes. Cross table equipment sharing fun... and I thought
this sort of thing got banned :)

Rob

LSJ

Feb 8, 2006, 12:14:17 PM2/8/06
Odrich Wendergass wrote:
> Redistribution
> Type: Action
> Requires: Sanguinus
> +1 stealth action.
> [san] This acting vampire gains a blood. Then move any amount of blood
> and equipment among the Blood Brothers in this circle.
> [SAN] As above, and untap this acting vampire.
>
> Karl is in torpor with 4 blood.
> Ilse, with 1 blood, plays Redistribution at SAN. Action successful.
>
> By virtue of the effect of the card, can 2 blood be taken from Karl to
> bring Ilse's up to 4 (+1 from Redistribution)? I assume yes, since card
> text doesn't require the other Blood Brothers to be ready.

Yes.

LSJ

Feb 8, 2006, 12:15:28 PM2/8/06
R0b1et wrote:
> > Redistribution
> > Type: Action
> > Requires: Sanguinus
> > +1 stealth action.
> > [san] This acting vampire gains a blood. Then move any amount of blood
> > and equipment among the Blood Brothers in this circle.
> > [SAN] As above, and untap this acting vampire.
> >
> Can I also take the blood and assault rifle my prey's "Mark" has? card
> text implies yes.

Yes.

Feb 9, 2006, 9:17:06 AM2/9/06
Can a Blood Brother in torpor attempt this action?

LSJ

Feb 9, 2006, 9:57:02 AM2/9/06
d wrote:
> Can a Blood Brother in torpor attempt this action?

No. [6.5.1]

Rehlow

Feb 9, 2006, 5:09:23 PM2/9/06

If you are playing a Blood Brother deck with the same circle as someone
else, you are already pretty much screwed. If you can now you
Redistribution to each use the same equipment and blood (taking
Redistribution as the first or last action in your turn to swap
everything) you might have half a chance. Alternatively, you can also
use Redistribution to take everything of theirs, further condemning an
already screwed player. Previously if two Chicago Circles showed up at
a table, whomever controlled Jerry controlled all of the blood between
the two decks, because he is also able to "redistribute" blood among
all Chicago Circle vamps.

Later,
~Rehlow