Meat Hook Question

brandonsantacruz

Dec 16, 2010, 7:50:38 PM12/16/10
If a blocking minion with a meat hook enters combat and Frenzy is
played, is the opposing vampire prohibited from striking to destroy
the meat hook in the first round? Does the strike to destroy it count
as "using" the equipment?

Thanks,

Brandon

Meat Hook
Equipment
Melee weapon.
Strike: strength+1 damage, only usable once each round. Once each
combat, if this weapon is used to strike at close range and the
opponent doesn't dodge the strike, the bearer gets an optional press
this round, only usable to continue combat. At close range, a vampire
with Potence [pot] may destroy this weapon as a strike with first
strike that costs 1 blood.

Frenzy
Master: out-of-turn. Frenzy.
Only usable before range is chosen. Choose a vampire in combat. In
this round, that vampire cannot use equipment and cannot use presses
to end combat. This round has a press, only usable to continue combat.

LSJ

Dec 16, 2010, 9:30:46 PM12/16/10
On Dec 16, 7:50 pm, brandonsantacruz <brandonsantac...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> If a blocking minion with a meat hook enters combat and Frenzy is
> played, is the opposing vampire prohibited from striking to destroy
> the meat hook in the first round?

No.

> Does the strike to destroy it count
> as "using" the equipment?

Yes, for the vampire striking to destroy it.

That is, if the vampire opposing the Meat Hook bearer is prohibited
from using weapons, then xe cannot strike to destroy the Meat Hook.

Obtenebration

Dec 16, 2010, 9:59:02 PM12/16/10
And here I expected the question to be, "Who saw someone using a Meat
Hook?".

Juggernaut1981

Dec 17, 2010, 12:20:00 AM12/17/10
On Dec 17, 1:59 pm, Obtenebration <pa...@obtenebration.org> wrote:
> And here I expected the question to be, "Who saw someone using a Meat
> Hook?".

Animalism Potence...
I rush you, then Drawing out the Beast you... then use potence to
whack you with my meat hook then follow it up with some dodgey 2nd
round strike...

brandonsantacruz

Dec 17, 2010, 12:36:44 AM12/17/10
On Dec 16, 6:59 pm, Obtenebration <pa...@obtenebration.org> wrote:
> And here I expected the question to be, "Who saw someone using a Meat
> Hook?".

It's all about Osebo concealed meat hook intercept combat with Frenzy,
followed up by Growing Fury or Well-Aimed Car if they get all
maneuvery.

Frenzy and Meat Hook are not uncommon in draft and we're doing a draft
on Sunday in San Jose.

Brandon

TorranceCircle

Dec 18, 2010, 12:06:01 AM12/18/10
On Dec 16, 9:36 pm, brandonsantacruz <brandonsantac...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Meat HooK! Yup Yup!

brandonsantacruz

Dec 20, 2010, 11:12:01 AM12/20/10

I actually had Frenzy played on my vampire in the draft yesterday, but
it did not interfere with my awesome combat.

Brandon