[LSJ] Hide the Heart Timing

Kushiel

May 7, 2010, 2:50:02 PM5/7/10
At what points during an action is there a window to play Hide the
Heart at basic Valeren?

In the "as the action is declared" window?
Before block attempts are declared?
After block attempts are declared?
After a block is successful, but before combat begins (ie, the Change
of Target/Obedience window)?
During a referendum?

My prey declares an attempt to bleed his prey. May I play Hide the
Heart before my grandprey chooses whether or not to attempt to block?
(I'm not sure how the impulse works in that situation.)

Hide the Heart
The action ends (unsuccessfully). The acting minion may burn 1 blood
to cancel this card as it is played. Only one Hide the Heart may be
played at [val] each action.

John Eno

LSJ

May 7, 2010, 2:57:21 PM5/7/10
On May 7, 2:50 pm, Kushiel <invisibleking...@gmail.com> wrote:
> At what points during an action is there a window to play Hide the
> Heart at basic Valeren?

The standard reaction window:
After "as announced" and before action resolution.

> In the "as the action is declared" window?

No.

> Before block attempts are declared?

Yes.

> After block attempts are declared?

Yes.

> After a block is successful, but before combat begins (ie, the Change
> of Target/Obedience window)?

Resolution, no.

> During a referendum?

Resolution, no.

> My prey declares an attempt to bleed his prey. May I play Hide the
> Heart before my grandprey chooses whether or not to attempt to block?
> (I'm not sure how the impulse works in that situation.)

No.
Impulse works as given in "sequencing" [1.6.1.5]

Kushiel

May 7, 2010, 4:11:45 PM5/7/10
On May 7, 2:57 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > My prey declares an attempt to bleed his prey. May I play Hide the
> > Heart before my grandprey chooses whether or not to attempt to block?
> > (I'm not sure how the impulse works in that situation.)
>
> No.

If my prey or grandprey played a card before my grandprey declared
block/no block, would I be able to play Hide the Heart at that time?

Can HtH be played in response to stealth and/or intercept transient
cards being played during my prey's action which is directed at my
grandprey?

John Eno

LSJ

May 7, 2010, 8:49:25 PM5/7/10

three players:
A: your prey
B: your grand-prey
C: you

A: Minion X performs some action
A: pass
B: some card

Impulse goes to A, not to C. [1.6.1.5]

A: pass
B: no block
A: pass
B: pass

Now impulse goes to you

C: Hide the Heart

Kushiel

May 8, 2010, 2:57:56 PM5/8/10
On May 7, 8:49 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> three players:
> A: your prey
> B: your grand-prey
> C: you
>
> A: Minion X performs some action
> A: pass
> B: some card
>
> Impulse goes to A, not to C. [1.6.1.5]
>
> A: pass
> B: no block
> A: pass
> B: pass
>
> Now impulse goes to you
>
> C: Hide the Heart

Got it. This also clears up my confusion about how one could ever use
Eagle's Sight at superior to block a D action. Thanks so much for the
explanation!

John Eno