LSJ: Temptation and repeats

Blooded Sand

Aug 28, 2008, 3:17:07 PM8/28/08
I have Smudge in play. Smudge has one of my temptations on him. He has
0 blood and thus hunts. Someone plays foul blood at qui and he gains
zero. Temptation has zero counters.

1) May i burn 0 counters of Smudge to untap and hunt again?

2) If yes, may I do this more than once with the same temptation,
Smudge still having 0 blood? Or would I need multiple Temptations?

niko...@hotmail.com

Aug 28, 2008, 4:06:35 PM8/28/08

Hah! I can answer that!
No you cant!

I know, because I wanted to put one temptation on Rabbat, get her to
zero blood and then hunt+untap+hunt+untap etc. until I had a gazilion
pool.

witness1

Aug 28, 2008, 4:06:53 PM8/28/08
On Aug 28, 3:17 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Smudge in play. Smudge has one of my temptations on him. He has
> 0 blood and thus hunts. Someone plays foul blood at qui and he gains
> zero. Temptation has zero counters.
>
> 1) May i burn 0 counters of Smudge to untap and hunt again?

No. You must have at least one counter to use a temptation.

> 2) If yes, may I do this more than once with the same temptation,
> Smudge still having 0 blood? Or would I need multiple Temptations?

"During your minion phase" means once per minion phase (per
temptation).

-witness1

LSJ

Aug 28, 2008, 4:14:06 PM8/28/08
witness1 wrote:
> On Aug 28, 3:17 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have Smudge in play. Smudge has one of my temptations on him. He has
>> 0 blood and thus hunts. Someone plays foul blood at qui and he gains
>> zero. Temptation has zero counters.
>>
>> 1) May i burn 0 counters of Smudge to untap and hunt again?
>
> No. You must have at least one counter to use a temptation.

No, zero "equals or exceeds" zero. So if Smudge has zero, you need have only
zero counters to use Temptation.

>> 2) If yes, may I do this more than once with the same temptation,
>> Smudge still having 0 blood? Or would I need multiple Temptations?
>
> "During your minion phase" means once per minion phase (per
> temptation).

Correct.

Kushiel

Aug 28, 2008, 4:46:13 PM8/28/08
On Aug 28, 3:17 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have Smudge in play. Smudge has one of my temptations on him. He has
> 0 blood and thus hunts. Someone plays foul blood at qui and he gains
> zero.

...and goes to torpor. Re-read Foul Blood.

John Eno

Blooded Sand

Aug 28, 2008, 5:50:50 PM8/28/08

Meh. Kush, I know, I just wanted to use Smudge. Cos he's Smudge, you
know? ;) So OK yes no FB but Rabbat only once per T. Curses.

Foiled.

Kushiel

Aug 28, 2008, 6:10:16 PM8/28/08
On Aug 28, 5:50 pm, Blooded Sand <sandm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Meh. Kush, I know, I just wanted to use Smudge. Cos he's Smudge, you
> know? ;)

I just figured this would be one of my few chances to publicly call
you out for not knowing what a Quietus card does. :)

John Eno

Blooded Sand

Aug 29, 2008, 5:30:57 AM8/29/08

But Kush, why are you not giving Smudge the love he so richly
deserves, nay, needs? He is but a poor, lost, waif, destined to
travel the dark underbelly of the world with his one big hand, hoping
beyond hope to somehow enlarge the other hand. All the other Caitiff
laugh at him, Kush. Caitiff! Mocking you! The horror and shame is
almost too much.