Force of Will/Freak Drive Q [LSJ]

Kevin M.

Jul 15, 2001, 2:55:12 AM7/15/01

Force of Will says:
Action
Fortitude
1 blood
[for] Only usable by a tapped vampire. (D) Bleed with +1 bleed. This
vampire takes 2 points of aggravated damage (damage not preventable),
even if the action is blocked. Damage occurs after the action or combat
is resolved.
[FOR] As above, but the (D) bleed is at +2 bleed and the acting vampire
takes 1 point of aggravated damage (damage not preventable).

Random vampire takes some action that causes her to be tapped. She then
uses Force of Will to bleed. She burns a blood to PERFORM the FoW
action, then the action takes place. AFTER the action is completed,
according to FoW text ("Damage occurs after the action or combat is
resolved."), she takes agg damage, sending her to torpor (and possibly
taking an additional agg damage).

Freak Drive says:
Action Modifier
Fortitude
1 blood
[for] Only usable immediately after this vampire performs an action that
is not blocked. Untap this vampire.
[FOR] As above, but usable even if the action is blocked.

There is also a clarification which states:
Is played at the end of an action, but still during the action. It
cannot be played on an action that was made unpreventable by Concoction
of Vitality, for example. [LSJ 19981028]

Now, does this mean that you can play FoW, and then after the bleed
action is completed, but before the action is ended, you can Freak Drive
so that you will end up going to torpor untapped? I believe this is
true, since 6.5.1 states the acting vampire can use action modifiers
during her actions while in torpor, but I just wanted to make sure, and
it would seem that the Freak Drive takes place before the vampire goes
to torpor anyway.

Also, let's say the vampire had 2 blood after the first action caused
her to become tapped. If she only had [for] and therefore would take 2
agg damage from the resolution of the FoW, would Freak Driving her cause
her to be burned via the timing of things, i.e.:

2 blood
- 1 blood (FoW)
- 1 blood (FD) = 0 blood
1st agg w/no blood = go to torpor
2nd agg w/no blood = burned?

Thanks for helping me understand the timing of Freak Drive.

Kevin M., Prince of Madison, WI
(remove PLEASENOSPAMME for direct reply)
"Know your enemy, and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, _The_Art_of_War_
"Contentment... Complacency... Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier

LSJ

Jul 15, 2001, 7:33:32 AM7/15/01
"Kevin M." <kjme...@PLEASENOSPAMMEhome.com> wrote:
>Force of Will says:
>[...]Damage occurs after the action or combat
>is resolved.
>

>Random vampire takes some action that causes her to be tapped. She then
>uses Force of Will to bleed. She burns a blood to PERFORM the FoW
>action, then the action takes place. AFTER the action is completed,

after it is resolved, actually.

>according to FoW text ("Damage occurs after the action or combat is
>resolved."), she takes agg damage, sending her to torpor (and possibly
>taking an additional agg damage).
>
>Freak Drive says:

>[...]usable immediately after this vampire performs an action that

>is not blocked. Untap this vampire.
>

>There is also a clarification which states:
>Is played at the end of an action, but still during the action. It
>cannot be played on an action that was made unpreventable by Concoction
>of Vitality, for example. [LSJ 19981028]
>
>Now, does this mean that you can play FoW, and then after the bleed
>action is completed, but before the action is ended, you can Freak Drive
>so that you will end up going to torpor untapped? I believe this is

After it resolves but before the action ends, yes.

>Also, let's say the vampire had 2 blood after the first action caused
>her to become tapped. If she only had [for] and therefore would take 2
>agg damage from the resolution of the FoW, would Freak Driving her cause
>her to be burned via the timing of things, i.e.:
>
>2 blood
>- 1 blood (FoW)
>- 1 blood (FD) = 0 blood
>1st agg w/no blood = go to torpor