[LSJ] immune to frenzy

tigernat1

Oct 2, 2009, 3:03:46 PM10/2/09
Can a vampire that is immune to frenzy cards (via Sire's Index Finger
or Blade of Enoch) play action cards such as Bloodlust or Enrage?

If they can be "played", is there just no effect?

btw, let me officially say I HATE that google has limited search
capabilities now. It is so annoying and more difficult to find
answers to questions.

Vegas gNat

Rehlow

Oct 2, 2009, 3:27:18 PM10/2/09

Its annoying, but you can get around Google's limitation by adding
group:rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad after your search terms and
hitting Search Groups instead of Search this group.

Later,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 3:33:23 PM10/2/09
tigernat1 wrote:
> Can a vampire that is immune to frenzy cards (via Sire's Index Finger
> or Blade of Enoch) play action cards such as Bloodlust or Enrage?

Yes.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/8677c28ebf40c432

> If they can be "played", is there just no effect?

Bloodlust will have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets).
Enrage similarly.

Xe can play Devil-Channel: <blah> for no effect, for instance, though.

> btw, let me officially say I HATE that google has limited search
> capabilities now. It is so annoying and more difficult to find
> answers to questions.

Use "Search Groups" instead of "Search this group" to activate the full search.

Kevin M.

Oct 2, 2009, 5:08:04 PM10/2/09
LSJ wrote:
> tigernat1 wrote:
>> Can a vampire that is immune to frenzy cards (via Sire's Index Finger
>> or Blade of Enoch) play action cards such as Bloodlust or Enrage?
>
> Yes.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/8677c28ebf40c432
>
>> If they can be "played", is there just no effect?
>
> Bloodlust will have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets).
> Enrage similarly.

It makes *no sense* that the effects of Bloodlust/Enrage would affect
a vampire who is immune to the effect of Frenzy cards, given that RTR
stating that such a vampire is immune to Rotschreck's effect. They
should be just like the RTR, i.e. playable on the vampire but the
vampire is immune to their effects (even if they might be beneficial).

In each case, I'd think that either Bloodlust/Enrage would constantly
re-check the vampire in question for the vampire's Frenzy-immunity,
and the vampire being immune would negate the effect in question
(whereas Rotscheck only needs to check the one time).

Can we have a reversal on one of these, please?

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! http://vtesville.myminicity.com/
Please buy my cards! http://shop.ebay.com/kjmergen/m.html

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 5:13:27 PM10/2/09
Kevin M. wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
>> tigernat1 wrote:
>>> Can a vampire that is immune to frenzy cards (via Sire's Index Finger
>>> or Blade of Enoch) play action cards such as Bloodlust or Enrage?
>> Yes.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/8677c28ebf40c432
>>
>>> If they can be "played", is there just no effect?
>> Bloodlust will have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets).
>> Enrage similarly.
>
> It makes *no sense* that the effects of Bloodlust/Enrage would affect
> a vampire who is immune to the effect of Frenzy cards, given that RTR
> stating that such a vampire is immune to Rotschreck's effect. They
> should be just like the RTR, i.e. playable on the vampire but the
> vampire is immune to their effects (even if they might be beneficial).

I agree.

And those cards don't affect a vampire who is immune, so that works out well.

Kevin M.

Oct 2, 2009, 5:19:15 PM10/2/09

Then, respectfully, you shouldn't have answered with "Bloodlust will

have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets). Enrage

similarly." since Bloodlust does *not* have its normal effect upon
the vampire in question. Unless you're going to argue that it does
have its normal effect but that effect is lost upon an immune vampire,
which you know very well is going to elicit a response similar to mine.

Rehlow

Oct 2, 2009, 5:28:43 PM10/2/09
On Oct 2, 4:19 pm, "Kevin M." <youw...@imaspammer.org> wrote:
> LSJ wrote:
> > Kevin M. wrote:

> >> It makes *no sense* that the effects of Bloodlust/Enrage would affect
> >> a vampire who is immune to the effect of Frenzy cards, given that RTR
> >> stating that such a vampire is immune to Rotschreck's effect.  They
> >> should be just like the RTR, i.e. playable on the vampire but the
> >> vampire is immune to their effects (even if they might be
> >> beneficial).
>
> > I agree.
>
> > And those cards don't affect a vampire who is immune, so that works
> > out well.
>
> Then, respectfully, you shouldn't have answered with "Bloodlust will
> have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets). Enrage
> similarly." since Bloodlust does *not* have its normal effect upon
> the vampire in question.  Unless you're going to argue that it does
> have its normal effect but that effect is lost upon an immune vampire,
> which you know very well is going to elicit a response similar to mine.

Technically gNat never asked if a vampire that is immune to frenzy can
play Bloodlust or Enrage, targeting xerself? Either of these cards can
be played targeting another vampire(s), which is actually the normal
play of the card since its not very useful to grant yourself an effect
by taking an action that will tap yourself.

Later,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 5:30:04 PM10/2/09

The question was "Can a vampire who is immune perform the action? And if so,
does the action simply have no effect?"

Bloodlust doesn't target the acting minion. It affects the targets normally
(assuming they are not also immune to frenzy).

Enrage doesn't target the acting minion. It affects the target normally
(assuming xe is not also immune to frenzy).

Kevin M.

Oct 2, 2009, 5:34:40 PM10/2/09

Thanks. I blame tigernat. :)

tigernat1

Oct 2, 2009, 5:39:01 PM10/2/09

> Enrage doesn't target the acting minion. It affects the target normally
> (assuming xe is not also immune to frenzy).

Incorrect. See inferior version of Enrage. It affects the vampire
playing the card.

+1 stealth action. Frenzy.
[pre] Put this card on a vampire you control. This vampire has +1
strength and may enter combat with another minion as (D) action. Burn
this card at the end of this turn.
[PRE] Put this card on any vampire. This vampire must burn 2 blood to
attempt any action except for hunting and actions to enter combat.
Burn this card after resolving this vampire's action.

so in this instance, the vampire immune to frenzy can play the card at
inferior for no effect.

Vegas gNat

LSJ

Oct 2, 2009, 5:42:31 PM10/2/09
tigernat1 wrote:
>> Enrage doesn't target the acting minion. It affects the target normally
>> (assuming xe is not also immune to frenzy).
>
> Incorrect. See inferior version of Enrage. It affects the vampire
> playing the card.

If you assume that xe targets xerself.

The question you asked indicated no such assumption.

Xe can play it (targeting another vampire you control). It will, as I said, not
have "no effect", but will, as I said, have its normal effect (assuming the
target is not also immune).

brandonsantacruz

Oct 2, 2009, 6:13:55 PM10/2/09

And lo, vampires immune to frenzy were indeed immune to frenzy, and it
was good.

Brandon

Tetragrammaton

Oct 4, 2009, 2:49:26 AM10/4/09

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> tigernat1 wrote:
>> Can a vampire that is immune to frenzy cards (via Sire's Index Finger
>> or Blade of Enoch) play action cards such as Bloodlust or Enrage?
>
> Yes.
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/8677c28ebf40c432
>
>> If they can be "played", is there just no effect?
>
> Bloodlust will have its normal effect (it only frenzies the targets).
> Enrage similarly.
>
> Xe can play Devil-Channel: <blah> for no effect, for instance, though.

Just to be sure: all of this applies to superior Deep song ?
That is, a vampire with, say, sire's index finger can
play deep song at superior to enter combat with another vampire ?
What happens if the target of a superior deep song is immune
to frenzy cards, will the action fizzle at resolution ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano, NC Italy
www.italybynight.org

LSJ

Oct 4, 2009, 8:25:29 AM10/4/09
Tetragrammaton wrote:
> Just to be sure: all of this applies to superior Deep song ?
> That is, a vampire with, say, sire's index finger can
> play deep song at superior to enter combat with another vampire ?

Yes.

> What happens if the target of a superior deep song is immune
> to frenzy cards, will the action fizzle at resolution ?

Well, it will have no effect, right.

Tetragrammaton

Oct 4, 2009, 8:47:17 AM10/4/09

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Ok, some additional questions:
- the target of a deep song (or similar frenzy card)
could play Devil-channel back to cancel the action card, right ?
- I guess that an osebo immune to frenzy cards (via blade of enoch, say)
can still be targeted with battle frenzy (without effects), could he ?
- Just to cycle, the same osebo could play devil channel back (or similar
reflex) to cancel the battle frenzy, even if played by the same controller ?

thanks again

Emiliano

LSJ

Oct 4, 2009, 8:50:40 AM10/4/09
Tetragrammaton wrote:
> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Tetragrammaton wrote:
>>> Just to be sure: all of this applies to superior Deep song ?
>>> That is, a vampire with, say, sire's index finger can
>>> play deep song at superior to enter combat with another vampire ?
>> Yes.
>>
>>> What happens if the target of a superior deep song is immune
>>> to frenzy cards, will the action fizzle at resolution ?
>> Well, it will have no effect, right.
>>

> Ok, some additional questions:
> - the target of a deep song (or similar frenzy card)
> could play Devil-channel back to cancel the action card, right ?

At the reflex level, right.