Qs for a new deck

jeroen rombouts

Jan 16, 2002, 8:40:04 PM1/16/02
I need a couple answers about certain cards that are in a deck i'm building.

1/ Le Dinh Tho: Independent: Tho may look at another Methuselah's hand and
discard one card from it as a +1 stealth (D) action (that Methuselah draws
back up to his or her hand size). He gets -1 stealth when hunting. Scarce.

His action allows for 2 things: look at your Prey's cards AND discard 1. Can
you choose not to make him discard one?

2/ We usually play with tournament rules. Am I allowed to take notes about
my Prey's hand and the cards i have seen in his library. Does this count as
'Status of the Game? Relevant rules:

"1.4. Taking Notes

Players are not allowed to take written notes of their opponents' decks or
activities, with the exception of the following items:

Their opponents' names (and other relevant personal information)
Their opponents' V:EKN numbers
Which player played first.
Status of the game (such as counters in pool, Master: Out-of-Turn cards
played, transfers taken, diableries made, resources, and so on)
The number of turns that have elapsed. "

3/ Tapping the Slaughterhouse: can you do it at anytime you want? Can you
tap it after your prey takes a card and before he plays a new one?

LSJ

Jan 16, 2002, 8:43:43 PM1/16/02
jeroen rombouts wrote:

> I need a couple answers about certain cards that are in a deck i'm building.
>
> 1/ Le Dinh Tho: Independent: Tho may look at another Methuselah's hand and
> discard one card from it as a +1 stealth (D) action (that Methuselah draws
> back up to his or her hand size). He gets -1 stealth when hunting. Scarce.
>
> His action allows for 2 things: look at your Prey's cards AND discard 1. Can
> you choose not to make him discard one?

No.

> 2/ We usually play with tournament rules. Am I allowed to take notes about
> my Prey's hand and the cards i have seen in his library. Does this count as
> 'Status of the Game? Relevant rules:

Sure.

> 3/ Tapping the Slaughterhouse: can you do it at anytime you want? Can you
> tap it after your prey takes a card and before he plays a new one?

Anytime you're able to apply an effect.
See 1.6.1.6

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/