[LSJ] Malkavian Time Auction

Johannes Walch

Jun 4, 2003, 7:43:50 AM6/4/03
I searched the comments on this card but was not able to find an answer for
the following problem :

On the card is printed that bidding happens clockwise, starting with your
prey.
In the newsgroup I found several hints that "you" (as the one playing MTA)
can not bid.

But what happens if the first bid of your predator is done. Can your prey
start to bid again or is bidding over ?

johannes walch
v:ekn germany

James Coupe

Jun 4, 2003, 8:28:44 AM6/4/03
In message <bbkm1k$h8a$1...@stu1id2.ip.tesion.net>, Johannes Walch

<johanne...@vekn.de> writes:
>On the card is printed that bidding happens clockwise, starting with your
>prey.

Correct.

>In the newsgroup I found several hints that "you" (as the one playing MTA)
>can not bid.

You can't. Only "other Methuselahs" can bid. (Card text.)

>But what happens if the first bid of your predator is done. Can your prey
>start to bid again or is bidding over ?

No. Keep going clockwise (excluding yourself) until people are done
bidding. If someone else wants to bid higher than the previous bidder,
they can - though if there are two people wanting to bid the same
amount, that's handled by the person who's closest, clockwise, getting
the first opportunity, of course.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D

LSJ

Jun 4, 2003, 8:52:41 AM6/4/03
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <bbkm1k$h8a$1...@stu1id2.ip.tesion.net>, Johannes Walch
> <johanne...@vekn.de> writes:
>>On [Malkavian Time Auction] is printed that bidding happens clockwise,
>>starting with your prey.
>
> Correct.
>
>>In the newsgroup I found several hints that "you" (as the one playing MTA)
>>can not bid.
>
> You can't. Only "other Methuselahs" can bid. (Card text.)
>
>>But what happens if the first bid of your predator is done. Can your prey
>>start to bid again or is bidding over ?
>
> No. Keep going clockwise (excluding yourself) until people are done
> bidding. If someone else wants to bid higher than the previous bidder,
> they can - though if there are two people wanting to bid the same
> amount, that's handled by the person who's closest, clockwise, getting
> the first opportunity, of course.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jim Parker

Jun 6, 2003, 12:52:53 PM6/6/03
Another Malk Time Auction Q, slightly different angle...

I remember chatting about the control of minion cards won through a
Malk Time Auction. The person I was speaking with was of the opinion
that though the 'winner' controlled the minion card, it stayed with
the Methuselah Auctioning it. eg:

Zeb has a dirty big Mk IV. You auction it. Someone bids and wins
control. The Mk IV stays with Zeb. Yay.

Is this a correct interpretation? Or does the contolling Methuselah
get to assign the Mk IV to one of hir minions?

What about cards that aren't on minions (Army of Rats, etc). Do they
stay with the 'old' Methuselah or go to the 'new' (controlling) Meth?

Spanks! ;)

PS. A quick 'shout out' 2 tha Sid-ney krew present. Yo, bitches. Wot
up? Rap w/ U l8a
=;\

LSJ

Jun 6, 2003, 12:58:25 PM6/6/03
Jim Parker wrote:
> Another Malk Time Auction Q, slightly different angle...
>
> I remember chatting about the control of minion cards won through a
> Malk Time Auction. The person I was speaking with was of the opinion
> that though the 'winner' controlled the minion card, it stayed with
> the Methuselah Auctioning it. eg:
>
> Zeb has a dirty big Mk IV. You auction it. Someone bids and wins
> control. The Mk IV stays with Zeb. Yay.
>
> Is this a correct interpretation?

Only for non-Equipment, non-Retainer, non-Location minion cards.
Changing control of Equipment, Retainers, or Locations on minions
results in the card being moved to a minion controlled by the new
controller.

> Or does the contolling Methuselah
> get to assign the Mk IV to one of hir minions?

This, yes.

> What about cards that aren't on minions (Army of Rats, etc). Do they
> stay with the 'old' Methuselah or go to the 'new' (controlling) Meth?

The controller is the controller.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CECE90A.50095EEA%40white-wolf.com

Kulaid

Jun 6, 2003, 1:08:26 PM6/6/03

You cannot auction the Mk II, you have to auction Zeb... A methuselah
doesn't control the Mk II (equipment cards, actions to put on, cards
played on the vampire/minion by it's controlling methuselah) the vampire
controls it... The methuselah controls the vampire...

Temptation, mind rape, haven uncovered, life boons, major boons, and
other cards you play on other methuselah or his minions you can MTA...
But ones played on you, you can't.

http://web2news.com/?rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad

Kulaid

Jun 6, 2003, 1:10:00 PM6/6/03
LSJ wrote:
> Jim Parker wrote:
>> Another Malk Time Auction Q, slightly different angle...
>>
>> I remember chatting about the control of minion cards won through a
>> Malk Time Auction. The person I was speaking with was of the opinion
>> that though the 'winner' controlled the minion card, it stayed with
>> the Methuselah Auctioning it. eg:
>>
>> Zeb has a dirty big Mk IV. You auction it. Someone bids and wins
>> control. The Mk IV stays with Zeb. Yay.
>>
>> Is this a correct interpretation?
>
> Only for non-Equipment, non-Retainer, non-Location minion cards.
> Changing control of Equipment, Retainers, or Locations on minions
> results in the card being moved to a minion controlled by the new
> controller.
>
>> Or does the contolling Methuselah
>> get to assign the Mk IV to one of hir minions?
>
> This, yes.
>
>> What about cards that aren't on minions (Army of Rats, etc). Do they
>> stay with the 'old' Methuselah or go to the 'new'
>> (controlling) Meth?
>
> The controller is the controller.

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3CECE90A.50095EEA%40white-wolf.com

Errr, I guess I was wrong... =/

Kulaid

Jun 6, 2003, 1:11:56 PM6/6/03
Kulaid wrote:
> Jim Parker wrote:
>> Another Malk Time Auction Q, slightly different angle...
>>
>> I remember chatting about the control of minion cards won through a
>> Malk Time Auction. The person I was speaking with was of the opinion
>> that though the 'winner' controlled the minion card, it stayed with
>> the Methuselah Auctioning it. eg:
>>
>> Zeb has a dirty big Mk IV. You auction it. Someone bids and wins
> etc..

> You cannot auction the Mk II, you have to auction Zeb...
> A methuselah
> doesn't control the Mk II (equipment cards, actions to put on, cards
> played on the vampire/minion by it's controlling
> methuselah) the vampire
> controls it... The methuselah controls the vampire...
>
> Temptation, mind rape, haven uncovered, life boons, major boons, and
> other cards you play on other methuselah or his minions
> you can MTA...
> But ones played on you, you can't.

Void this, guess my intertation was wrong... =?
This was what I was told... So this is what I said... hehe, now I know
better.

James Coupe

Jun 6, 2003, 2:05:39 PM6/6/03
In message <3746...@web2news.com>, Kulaid <kulaid.news.invalid@web2new

s.net> writes:
>> A methuselah
>> doesn't control the Mk II (equipment cards, actions to put on, cards
>> played on the vampire/minion by it's controlling
>> methuselah) the vampire
>> controls it... The methuselah controls the vampire...
>
>Void this, guess my intertation was wrong... =?
>This was what I was told...

It may have been better to believe the rulebook. :)

"By default, a minion card in play is controlled by the controller of
the minion it is on. If a minion card is just in play and not on another
controlled card, then it is, by default, controlled by the Methuselah
who played it." [1.6.3]