Legacy of Caine

Michael Bradley

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
Just a thought... would Aaron's Feeding Razor etc
let you steal two blood from another vampire?

Frederick Scott

Oct 14, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/14/00
Michael Bradley wrote:

> Just a thought... would Aaron's Feeding Razor etc
> let you steal two blood from another vampire?

You know, that would make all kinds of sense,
I guess. Unfortunately, it is unsupported by the
rules. In situations like this, you need to let the
actual card text be your guide. The Legacy of
Caine (which is not errataed, by the way), actually
states, "When the vampire with this card hunts,
he or she steals *1 blood* from another vampire
as a D action instead of performing the usual
hunting action." (Emphasis mine.) For it to say
what you were contemplating, it would have to
literally state something like, "he or she steals an
amount of blood equal to what they would have
received from hunting..." or something like that.
So Legacy of Caine will reduce how much blood
a vampire can receive from hunting if it would otherwise
benefit from the effects of something like Aaron's
Hunting Razor, The Hungary Coyote, or Inbase
Discotek.

Fred

LSJ

Oct 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/15/00
fre...@netcom.com wrote:
> Michael Bradley wrote:
>
> > Just a thought... would Aaron's Feeding Razor etc
> > let you steal two blood from another vampire?
>
> You know, that would make all kinds of sense,
> I guess. Unfortunately, it is unsupported by the
> rules.

Correct.

Online rulings:

* The amount gained (stolen) by the Legacy of Caine hunt action is
not affected by effects that affect the amount gained by hunting
(e.g., Aaron's Feeding Razor). [RTR 30-JUN-1997]

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

James Coupe

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, LSJ wrote:
> Online rulings:
>
> * The amount gained (stolen) by the Legacy of Caine hunt action is
> not affected by effects that affect the amount gained by hunting
> (e.g., Aaron's Feeding Razor). [RTR 30-JUN-1997]

Utterly random question, of no real value.

Is the (D) steal blood action still considered to be a hunting action?

For instance, would a vampire with Legacy of Caine, played by his prey,
who hunted and then untapped (say, with Alexandra's untap ability) who, in
the mean-time had lost the Legacy of Caine due to ousting his or her prey,
be able to take a normal hunting action, under NRA?

i.e.

Minion Phase:

Anson with Legacy hunts
Random weenies oust my prey, Legacy goes away
Alexandra untaps Anson (or a Freak drive is used by a vampire earlier,
say, or Rutor's Hand etc.)

Can Anson hunt again in this minion phase?

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D
"And all the while I'm thinking things that I can never share with him.

LSJ

Oct 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/16/00
James Coupe wrote:
> Utterly random question, of no real value.
>
> Is the (D) steal blood action still considered to be a hunting action?
>
> Anson with Legacy hunts
> Random weenies oust my prey, Legacy goes away
> Alexandra untaps Anson (or a Freak drive is used by a vampire earlier,
> say, or Rutor's Hand etc.)
>
> Can Anson hunt again in this minion phase?

By the wording of the RTR, I'd say it is a hunt action: "Modifiers to the
amount of blood gained due to hunting, such as Aaron's Feeding Razor, do not
affect the Legacy's version of the hunting action."

So Anson could not hunt again, even though his first hunt action was a
Legacy of Caine hunt action instead of a "normal" hunt.