LSJ: Concealed Weapon and Wooden Stake

14 vues

Aaron Clark

non lue,
31 août 2009, 03:23:3131/08/2009
Can you use Concealed Weapon to equip a Wooden Stake?

I think yes, but I'm not sure. For instance, a vampire whose strength
is greater than 1, e.g., because of a special ability or previously
played Torn Signpost, would inflict aggravated damage on a "normal"
strike.

How is a "regular strike" defined for the purposes of Concealed
Weapon?

Wooden Stake
Type: Equipment
Melee Weapon.
Strength damage each strike. If more than 1 damage is inflicted on an
opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, then that vampire
is sent to torpor. In that case, this card is transferred to that
vampire, he or she doesn't untap as normal during the untap phase as
long as he or she remains in torpor.

Concealed Weapon
Type: Combat
Equip this minion with a non-unique weapon from your hand at the
beginning of a round. Pay weapon's equip cost as normal. The weapon
cannot cost more than 2 pool or inflict (with a regular strike)
aggravated damage or more than 3 damage.

Blooded Sand

non lue,
31 août 2009, 05:30:3331/08/2009

Okay, first of all, Concealed weapon does not do agg damage at all. It
sends a vampire to torpor if it takes more than 1 damage from a stake.
Concealed looks at the damage on the wepaon. Does it do 3 or more
without another card played? Yes means no concealed, no means okay for
concealed.
Does it deal agg? No, not without another card played.

Basically, all checks are performed as if no other cards have been
played.
Easy enough? ;)

LSJ

non lue,
31 août 2009, 06:37:3531/08/2009
Blooded Sand wrote:
> On Aug 31, 9:23 am, Aaron Clark <aamacl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you use Concealed Weapon to equip a Wooden Stake?
>>
>> I think yes,

Correct.

>> but I'm not sure. For instance, a vampire whose strength
>> is greater than 1, e.g., because of a special ability or previously
>> played Torn Signpost, would inflict aggravated damage on a "normal"
>> strike.
>>
>> How is a "regular strike" defined for the purposes of Concealed
>> Weapon?

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=rulings

# A "regular strike" is unmodified, so would use the default strength [LSJ
20020821]

>> Wooden Stake
>> Type: Equipment
>> Melee Weapon.
>> Strength damage each strike. If more than 1 damage is inflicted on an
>> opposing vampire by this weapon in a given combat, then that vampire
>> is sent to torpor. In that case, this card is transferred to that
>> vampire, he or she doesn't untap as normal during the untap phase as
>> long as he or she remains in torpor.
>>
>> Concealed Weapon
>> Type: Combat
>> Equip this minion with a non-unique weapon from your hand at the
>> beginning of a round. Pay weapon's equip cost as normal. The weapon
>> cannot cost more than 2 pool or inflict (with a regular strike)
>> aggravated damage or more than 3 damage.
>

> Okay, first of all, [Wooden Stake] does not do agg damage at all. It

> sends a vampire to torpor if it takes more than 1 damage from a stake.
> Concealed looks at the damage on the wepaon. Does it do 3 or more
> without another card played? Yes means no concealed, no means okay for
> concealed.
> Does it deal agg? No, not without another card played.
>
> Basically, all checks are performed as if no other cards have been
> played.

Correct.

0 nouveau message