[LSJ] Luc Timing

wumpus

Dec 8, 2009, 2:48:16 PM12/8/09
Howdy,

I grepped around but couldn't find any rulings on Luc at all. Here's
his specials:

Sabbat: Luc gets +1 stealth on diablerie actions. He may give you +3
hand size until your next untap phase as a +1 stealth action.

My question is on the timing of the second special. Is 'until your
next untap phase' a) something that happens before you untap your
cards (at the beginning of your untap phase) or is it b) something
that can be ordered along with other untap events (allowing you to,
for instance, redraw your Wake before you discard down)?

Thanks,
Alex

LSJ

Dec 8, 2009, 2:56:28 PM12/8/09

It is something that lasts until your next untap phase.
If you're in your untap phase, the effect has ended.

The DNR clause on Wake expires at the same time.

You could, therefore, draw to replace the wake before discarding down to your
newly-lowered hand size, yes.