Siren's Lure check (LSJ)

andrea

Dec 14, 2001, 10:29:42 AM12/14/01
Hi
1)Suppose a DoC is able to call 2 siren's lure at superior in the same
action.
She enters combat first with the first lured then with the second; is
that correct? Can she choose the order of combats?
2) she is reacting for purpose of Hidden lurker, psyche, Fast react.
right?
3) HL, Psy, FR happens before the second combat in case 1)?
4) in case 1) if my DoC is in torpor after first combat then the
second won't happen. correct?
thanks
Andrea

LSJ

Dec 19, 2001, 6:18:48 PM12/19/01
andrea wrote:
> 1)Suppose a DoC is able to call 2 siren's lure at superior in the same
> action.

She's not. [1.6.3.2]

> She enters combat first with the first lured then with the second; is
> that correct? Can she choose the order of combats?

Moot.

> 2) she is reacting for purpose of Hidden lurker, psyche, Fast react.
> right?

She's modifying. Minions that play reaction cards are reacting. Minions
that play action modifiers are normally acting. The ones who aren't
acting are merely modifying.

> 3) HL, Psy, FR happens before the second combat in case 1)?

First queued combat occurs first after the initial block-combat is
over. Others in the queue are then lost. HL cannot be played.
FR cannot be played.

> 4) in case 1) if my DoC is in torpor after first combat then the
> second won't happen. correct?

Torporous vampires never enter combat.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

GreySeer

Dec 19, 2001, 6:41:12 PM12/19/01
Siren's Lure
Action Modifier
[cel] This vampire burns 2 blood to get +1 stealth. [mel] Only usable by an
untapped ready vampire other than the acting minion when a minion attempts
to block. That minion cannot block this action. Tap this vampire and that
minion. Once the action resolves, this vampire enters combat with that
minion. [MEL] As [mel] above, but do not tap this modifying vampire.

"andrea" <andrea....@infinito.it> wrote in message

> Hi
> 1)Suppose a DoC is able to call 2 siren's lure at superior in the same
> action.
> She enters combat first with the first lured then with the second; is
> that correct? Can she choose the order of combats?

She cannot play a second Siren's lure because you cannot play the same
action modifier twice with the same minion during the same action.

> 2) she is reacting for purpose of Hidden lurker, psyche, Fast react.
> right?

Not quite sure what you mean here but the SL minion is not considered to be
the acting minion. If you SL and after the combat a minion plays fast
reaction then the Fast Reacting minion enters combat with the acting minion
not the SL minion.

Hidden Lurker
Action Modifier
[obf] Usable only by an untapped vampire other than the acting minion after
the acting minion is blocked and combat is over. Tap this vampire. This
vampire now enters combat with the blocking minion. The first round of
combat, the blocking minion cannot use any strikes (not even the default
hand strike). [OBF] As above, but with an optional press.

As for you playing Hidden Lurker after having the acting minion blocked,
that the HL combat occurs before the SL combat. Since the SL combat doesn't
occur until the action finishes resolving.

> 3) HL, Psy, FR happens before the second combat in case 1)?

Moot.

> 4) in case 1) if my DoC is in torpor after first combat then the
> second won't happen. correct?

Moot.

> thanks
> Andrea

andrea

Dec 20, 2001, 3:06:03 AM12/20/01
"GreySeer" <e...@i.think.not> wrote in message news:<u229dsq...@news.supernews.com>...

> Siren's Lure
> Action Modifier

> She cannot play a second Siren's lure because you cannot play the same
> action modifier twice with the same minion during the same action.
Ok, i know i should use my brain sometimes ;)

> > 2) she is reacting for purpose of Hidden lurker, psyche, Fast react.
> > right?
>
> Not quite sure what you mean here but the SL minion is not considered to be
> the acting minion. If you SL and after the combat a minion plays fast
> reaction then the Fast Reacting minion enters combat with the acting minion
> not the SL minion.

Wait! from what you're saying below. when you are in combat because of
the SL the action has finished son you can't play FR (as LSJ stated on
the same question)

> Hidden Lurker
> Action Modifier........

> As for you playing Hidden Lurker after having the acting minion blocked,
> that the HL combat occurs before the SL combat. Since the SL combat doesn't
> occur until the action finishes resolving.

In this situation is clear, i was wandering i HL can be used to
reenter in combat after the one caused by SL (and the answer is, per
LSJ, NO)

thanks

Brian

Dec 20, 2001, 8:08:31 AM12/20/01
OK, two questions:

1. Gideon Fontaine bleeds, Ozmo attempts to block.

Muse plays Siren's Lure, so Roland Bishop attempts to block.

Angela Preston plays Siren's Lure, so Roland deflects the bleed.

Rigby blocks Gideon.

Assuming no other cards are played, who enters combat with whom, and in what order?

2. Same scenario, but Gideon strikes with Majesty and Rigby plays Psyche.

Now, who enters combat with whom, and in what order?

"Angela S. Preston, Esquire!"

LSJ

Dec 20, 2001, 8:20:18 AM12/20/01
Brian wrote:

> OK, two questions:
>
> 1. Gideon Fontaine bleeds, Ozmo attempts to block.
>
> Muse plays Siren's Lure, so Roland Bishop attempts to block.
>
> Angela Preston plays Siren's Lure, so Roland deflects the bleed.
>
> Rigby blocks Gideon.
>
> Assuming no other cards are played, who enters combat with whom, and in what order?

Rigby and Gideon conduct block-combat.
After that, Muse enters combat with Ozmo.
All other post-Rigby-Gideon combats fizzle.

> 2. Same scenario, but Gideon strikes with Majesty and Rigby plays Psyche.

Psyche! cannot be played, since another combat is already about to start.
[LSJ 03-OCT-1997]

andrea

Dec 21, 2001, 3:28:28 AM12/21/01
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C21E592...@white-wolf.com>...

> Brian wrote:
> >
> > OK, two questions:
> >
> > 1. Gideon Fontaine bleeds, Ozmo attempts to block.
> >
> > Muse plays Siren's Lure, so Roland Bishop attempts to block.
> >
> > Angela Preston plays Siren's Lure, so Roland deflects the bleed.
> >
> > Rigby blocks Gideon.
> >
> > Assuming no other cards are played, who enters combat with whom, and in what order?
>
> Rigby and Gideon conduct block-combat.
> After that, Muse enters combat with Ozmo.
> All other post-Rigby-Gideon combats fizzle.
I don't understand why after the rigby-gideon you can have the
muse-ozmo and not the Angela-Roland
could you elaborate?
Andrea

LSJ

Dec 21, 2001, 6:40:44 AM12/21/01

Combat is sufficiently disruptive.
Psyche! negates "continue action" (Form of Mist, etc.)
Starting one pending combat negates the other pending combats.

andrea

Dec 21, 2001, 8:29:58 AM12/21/01
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C231FBC...@white-wolf.com>...

> andrea wrote:
> >
> > LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3C21E592...@white-wolf.com>...

> > > Rigby and Gideon conduct block-combat.
> > > After that, Muse enters combat with Ozmo.
> > > All other post-Rigby-Gideon combats fizzle.
> > I don't understand why after the rigby-gideon you can have the
> > muse-ozmo and not the Angela-Roland
> > could you elaborate?
>
> Combat is sufficiently disruptive.
> Psyche! negates "continue action" (Form of Mist, etc.)
> Starting one pending combat negates the other pending combats.

Sorry i don't get it
In the answer to 1 above you say that
there's the rigby-gideon combat,
then the muse-ozmo (and this is already a post rigby-gideon and
doesn't fizzle)
but not the angela-roland combat. why?
Psyche! is not involved.
and in question 2 (previously snipped but above on the thread) you
said that psyche! cannot be played on the rigby-gideon because there's
already one combat to do.
I would assume psyche! cannot be played on any combat except the last
siren's call combat (in the example, angela-roland or muse-ozmo
depending on your answer above)

Andrea

LSJ

Dec 21, 2001, 11:11:04 AM12/21/01

Card text on Siren's Lure.
Both Muse-Ozmo and Angela-Roland combats are vying for the
"post-Rigby-Gideon" slot. The Muse-Ozmo one goes first,
disrupting the other. It seems likely that the second
Siren's Lure can not be played at all (like Psyche! cannot
be played when a pending combat exists).

> Psyche! is not involved.

OK. Forgive the use of clarifying parallel examples.

> and in question 2 (previously snipped but above on the thread) you
> said that psyche! cannot be played on the rigby-gideon because there's
> already one combat to do.

Right.