[LSJ] Various cuestions

ThE OnLy VipeR

Apr 22, 2005, 1:25:26 PM4/22/05
Hi, I have some questions to throw at you :P

1.- Cat's guidance, can it be played before combat begins or it must be
played after combat?

2.- When I merge a vampire, can i play legendary vampire on the merged
vampire? because he is a new vampire instead of the old one.

3.- let's say that one of my vampires gets burned by means of an archon
investigation, then other of my vampires with sup. NEC plays a
possession and brings the vampire back to the ready region(untapped I
assume), with 1 blood, can this vampire bleed again? and he comes back
with all the cards that he had before leaving the game or not?

4.- When I play a sudario refraction, can i recover from the ash heap
the same sudario refraction?

5.- Dis Pater says that i must remove the seven cards form the game
when i succesfully bleed my prey, so it means that after Dis Pater my
prey cannot play deflection/redirection/telepatic misdirection cards.
am I right?

6.- if the above point is right, can i juggle dis pater within a bleed,
i mean for example: i bleed with govern the unaligned, my prey declines
blocking and don't bounce, then use dis pater, and finally finish with
a conditioning. can it be done or dis pater must be played at the very
end of the action?

well i guess that's all by now. tnx in advance :)

David Zopf

Apr 22, 2005, 2:00:08 PM4/22/05

"ThE OnLy VipeR" <fina...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hi, I have some questions to throw at you :P
>
> 1.- Cat's guidance, can it be played before combat begins or it must be
> played after combat?

After only, for the untap effect.

> 2.- When I merge a vampire, can i play legendary vampire on the merged
> vampire? because he is a new vampire instead of the old one.

I'd say no. LV looks for a vampire "moved to your ready region since your
last turn", merging doesn't seem to qualify, since the vamp is already in
your ready region.

> 3.- let's say that one of my vampires gets burned by means of an archon
> investigation, then other of my vampires with sup. NEC plays a
> possession and brings the vampire back to the ready region(untapped I
> assume), with 1 blood, can this vampire bleed again? and he comes back
> with all the cards that he had before leaving the game or not?

Vampires remember nothing after a trip through the ash heap. He can act.
No cards come back from the ash heap with him.

> 4.- When I play a sudario refraction, can i recover from the ash heap
> the same sudario refraction?

Sure.

> 5.- Dis Pater says that i must remove the seven cards form the game
> when i succesfully bleed my prey, so it means that after Dis Pater my
> prey cannot play deflection/redirection/telepatic misdirection cards.
> am I right?

Its after a successful bleed, so you are right. Watch out if the extra +1
bleed makes you eligible for an AI, though...

> 6.- if the above point is right, can i juggle dis pater within a bleed,
> i mean for example: i bleed with govern the unaligned, my prey declines
> blocking and don't bounce, then use dis pater, and finally finish with
> a conditioning. can it be done or dis pater must be played at the very
> end of the action?

At the very end.

DaveZ
Atom Weaver

Rehlow

Apr 22, 2005, 3:24:51 PM4/22/05

David Zopf wrote:
> "ThE OnLy VipeR" <fina...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> > 4.- When I play a sudario refraction, can i recover from the ash

heap
> > the same sudario refraction?
> >
> Sure.

Actually this one is a no. LSJ already covered it in another post here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/browse_frm/thread/391d396fca18f61d/99514cc2cac220ae?q=played+limbo&rnum=7#99514cc2cac220ae

I hope the link worked. I did a search on the group with google for
"played limbo" and found it.

So, when playing your second Sudario Refraction, you can target the one
already in your ash heap and after that you'll be all set to keep
switching back and forth.

Later,
~Rehlow

LSJ

Apr 22, 2005, 5:13:11 PM4/22/05
David Zopf wrote:
> "ThE OnLy VipeR" <fina...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>1.- Cat's guidance, can it be played before combat begins or it must be
>>played after combat?
> After only, for the untap effect.

Correct.

>>2.- When I merge a vampire, can i play legendary vampire on the merged
>>vampire? because he is a new vampire instead of the old one.
>
> I'd say no. LV looks for a vampire "moved to your ready region since your
> last turn", merging doesn't seem to qualify, since the vamp is already in
> your ready region.

Correct.
Google: "Legendary merge author:LSJ"
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a403674e493dd845

>>3.- let's say that one of my vampires gets burned by means of an archon
>>investigation, then other of my vampires with sup. NEC plays a
>>possession and brings the vampire back to the ready region(untapped I
>>assume), with 1 blood, can this vampire bleed again? and he comes back
>>with all the cards that he had before leaving the game or not?
>
> Vampires remember nothing after a trip through the ash heap. He can act.
> No cards come back from the ash heap with him.

Correct.

>>4.- When I play a sudario refraction, can i recover from the ash heap
>>the same sudario refraction?
>
> Sure.

No. You have to select the three cards when the SR is played.

>>5.- Dis Pater says that i must remove the seven cards form the game
>>when i succesfully bleed my prey, so it means that after Dis Pater my
>>prey cannot play deflection/redirection/telepatic misdirection cards.
>>am I right?
>
> Its after a successful bleed, so you are right.

Correct.

> Watch out if the extra +1
> bleed makes you eligible for an AI, though...

No. Like Spying Mission, it happens only once the bleed is successful,
so won't attract the Archon Investigation.

>>6.- if the above point is right, can i juggle dis pater within a bleed,
>>i mean for example: i bleed with govern the unaligned, my prey declines
>>blocking and don't bounce, then use dis pater, and finally finish with
>>a conditioning. can it be done or dis pater must be played at the very
>>end of the action?
>
> At the very end.

Correct, by the "when successful" reasoning.

You play Conditioning before resolution.

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

ThE OnLy VipeR

Apr 22, 2005, 9:09:15 PM4/22/05

So a burned merged vampire, bringed back by possession, comes back
merged or not?
if he doesn't come back merged, which vampire comes back, te basic or
the advanced??

LSJ

Apr 22, 2005, 9:24:12 PM4/22/05
ThE OnLy VipeR wrote:
> So a burned merged vampire, bringed back by possession, comes back
> merged or not?

Not.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/rulebook/rulebook.html#sec1_5

> if he doesn't come back merged, which vampire comes back, te basic or
> the advanced??

Either, as determined by the acting vampire when the Possession is
announced (i.e., whichever card was targeted).

Frederick Scott

Apr 22, 2005, 10:03:38 PM4/22/05

> So a burned merged vampire, bringed back by possession, comes back
> merged or not?
> if he doesn't come back merged, which vampire comes back, te basic or
> the advanced??

IANLSJBICMAWAGFWIW.

(I am not LSJ but I can make a wild-assed guess, for what it's worth.)

For "Move any vampire..." or "Move a vampire..." substitute "Move a(ny)
vampire CARD...".

So if a merged vampire gets burned, you can pick one of the two when
you play a Possession and move it to the appropriate area. Vampires
remember nothing after a trip through the ash heap. That includes
memory of being merged.

Fred

ThE OnLy VipeR

Apr 22, 2005, 10:13:54 PM4/22/05

Ok, tnx :)

one last question, if I play rastacourere in a priscus, does the
priscus loose his vote in the prisci sub-referendum or not?

Colin McGuigan

Apr 22, 2005, 10:32:35 PM4/22/05
ThE OnLy VipeR wrote:
> one last question, if I play rastacourere in a priscus, does the
> priscus loose his vote in the prisci sub-referendum or not?

Not. Cards can't affect the Priscus sub-referendum unless they
explicitly say they do (eg, Gratiano), or if they affect all of a
vampire's votes (eg, Kindred Coercion).

Same reason you can't Bewitching Oration the Prisci sub-referendum.

--Colin McGuigan

ThE OnLy VipeR

Apr 25, 2005, 11:36:09 PM4/25/05
one more question, can leathery hide be played with skin of night to
prevent aggravated damage?

The Lasombra

Apr 25, 2005, 11:49:52 PM4/25/05
On 25 Apr 2005 20:36:09 -0700, "ThE OnLy VipeR"
<fina...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>one more question, can leathery hide be played with skin of night to
>prevent aggravated damage?

No.

The damage is still aggravated, so Leathery Hide does not prevent it.

Skin of Night allows the vampire to treat the damage as normal, it
does not allow Leathery Hide to treat the damage as normal.

LSJ 04-12-05
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0a6fe6508e6fc6ae

See also: Soak / Skin of Night

LSJ 05-19-04
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/133e88c6df50be0f

LSJ 05-17-04
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/52451db2d8eaabf5

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com
Your best online source for information about V:TES.
Now also featuring individual card sales and sales
of booster and starter box displays.

ThE OnLy VipeR

Apr 26, 2005, 12:15:28 AM4/26/05
i guessed so, because the of the prevent non-aggravated dammage text of
the card, and skin of noght only treat aggravated as normal, but i
wanted to check

tnx anyway :)