(LSJ) Brinksmanship

reyda

Apr 9, 2005, 8:01:36 PM4/9/05
Hi !
a simple question :
I play a Felins Saboteur/Brinksmanship deck.

It's a 4 player game.
I oust my first prey by interfering with her withdraw, thus gaining one VP.
my second prey, who made no VP (her prey did withdraw too), also succeds
in her withdraw attempt -which means i'm supposed to be ousted (by
brinkmanship card text). So do i somehow get the VP for being the last
man standing ? does it go to my pred for ousting me while withdrawing?

thanks
reyda

LSJ

Apr 9, 2005, 8:22:54 PM4/9/05

When your prey withdraws, the game ends (with you still standing).
You get the VP.

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

reyda

Apr 9, 2005, 9:21:08 PM4/9/05
LSJ a écrit :

> reyda wrote:
>
>> I play a Felins Saboteur/Brinksmanship deck.
>> It's a 4 player game.
>> I oust my first prey by interfering with her withdraw, thus gaining
>> one VP.
>> my second prey, who made no VP (her prey did withdraw too), also
>> succeds in her withdraw attempt -which means i'm supposed to be ousted
>> (by brinkmanship card text). So do i somehow get the VP for being the
>> last man standing ? does it go to my pred for ousting me while
>> withdrawing?
>

> When your prey withdraws, the game ends (with you still standing).
> You get the VP.

that's what i thought : but now i can point it to my playgroup.
thank you ;)

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo

Apr 11, 2005, 10:50:19 AM4/11/05
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:22:54 GMT, LSJ <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

>reyda wrote:
>> I play a Felins Saboteur/Brinksmanship deck.
>> It's a 4 player game.
>> I oust my first prey by interfering with her withdraw, thus gaining one VP.
>> my second prey, who made no VP (her prey did withdraw too),

Wouldn't you be ousted at that point? (you predator did withdraw -
Brinksmanship would oust you then)

Brinksmanship
Type: Political Action
Cost: 1 pool
Political Card - Worth 1 Vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
If this referendum is successful, put this card in play. Any
Methuselah who has exhausted his or her library and begins his or her
untap phase with less than a full hand must attempt to withdraw. On
that Methuselah's next untap phase, if the withdrawal fails, that
Methuselah is ousted. If ****any**** Methuselah successfully
withdraws, you are ousted.
Rarity: Anarchs:R
(emphasis added)

also succeds
>> in her withdraw attempt -which means i'm supposed to be ousted (by
>> brinkmanship card text). So do i somehow get the VP for being the last
>> man standing ? does it go to my pred for ousting me while withdrawing?
>
>When your prey withdraws, the game ends (with you still standing).
>You get the VP.

This is interesting.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
V:TES National Coordinator for Brazil
Giovanni Newsletter Editor
V for Vendetta on the big screen!
http://vforvendetta.warnerbros.com/

LSJ

Apr 11, 2005, 11:37:03 AM4/11/05
"Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_...@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote in message

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:22:54 GMT, LSJ <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
> wrote:
>
> >reyda wrote:
> >> I play a Felins Saboteur/Brinksmanship deck.
> >> It's a 4 player game.
> >> I oust my first prey by interfering with her withdraw, thus gaining one VP.
> >> my second prey, who made no VP (her prey did withdraw too),
>
> Wouldn't you be ousted at that point? (you predator did withdraw -
> Brinksmanship would oust you then)

It "would" oust you then, if there were any game going on still.
But:

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

reyda

Apr 11, 2005, 2:50:32 PM4/11/05
LSJ a écrit :

> "Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_...@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote in message
>
>>On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 00:22:54 GMT, LSJ <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
>>wrote:

>>Wouldn't you be ousted at that point? (you predator did withdraw -
>>Brinksmanship would oust you then)
>

> It "would" oust you then, if there were any game going on still.
> But:
>

>>>When your prey withdraws, the game ends (with you still standing).
>>>You get the VP.

Fabio,
there is a parallel with a last bleed daring the dawn with a famous
vampire, a question i asked a long time ago.

see the thread there : http://minilien.com/?RMUYvLPwZU

Charles Lechasseur

Apr 11, 2005, 9:05:12 PM4/11/05
In article <d3e5ef$n6v$1...@domitilla.aioe.org>, "LSJ"
<vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote:

>"Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_...@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote in message

>> Wouldn't you be ousted at that point? (you predator did withdraw -
>> Brinksmanship would oust you then)
>
>It "would" oust you then, if there were any game going on still.
>But:
>
>> >When your prey withdraws, the game ends (with you still standing).
>> >You get the VP.

Actually, I think Fabio is right - reyda should've been ousted already.

Players:

reyda -> A -> B -> C

A tries to withdraw but fails. A is ousted (1 VP reyda).

C tries to withdraw and succeeds (1 VP C).

At that point, the game still has 2 players and thus is still going on.
Because a player successfully withdrew, reyda is ousted by his
Brinksmanship (1 VP B).

B is the last man standing and wins with 2 VPs.

--
charles lechasseur - da...@novideospamtron.ca

LSJ

Apr 11, 2005, 10:07:52 PM4/11/05
Charles Lechasseur wrote:
> In article <d3e5ef$n6v$1...@domitilla.aioe.org>, "LSJ"
>>"Fabio "Sooner" Macedo" <fabio_...@NOSPAMyahoo.com.br> wrote in message
> Actually, I think Fabio is right - reyda should've been ousted already.

> one VP.
>
> Players:
>
> reyda -> A -> B -> C
>
> A tries to withdraw but fails. A is ousted (1 VP reyda).
>
> C tries to withdraw and succeeds (1 VP C).
>
> At that point, the game still has 2 players and thus is still going on.
> Because a player successfully withdrew, reyda is ousted by his
> Brinksmanship (1 VP B).
>
> B is the last man standing and wins with 2 VPs.

Actually, the set up given (quoted above) has C withdrawing
at some point in the game before the Brinksmanship is played.

C withdraws (1 VP to C).

Brinksmanship is played.

A tries to withdraw and fails. A is ousted. (1 VP to Reyda).

B withdraws (1 VP to B).

A is last man standing. (1 VP to A).

LSJ

Apr 11, 2005, 10:16:00 PM4/11/05
LSJ wrote:

That should be "reyda is last man standing. (1 VP to reyda)",
of course.

Charles Lechasseur

Apr 12, 2005, 7:15:08 AM4/12/05
In article <Y3G6e.5611$sp3....@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>, LSJ
<vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote:

>Actually, the set up given (quoted above) has C withdrawing
>at some point in the game before the Brinksmanship is played.

Ok, that works (it's the only way it could work so I guess it must be
correct). Sorry for my confusion.

>C withdraws (1 VP to C).
>
>Brinksmanship is played.
>
>A tries to withdraw and fails. A is ousted. (1 VP to Reyda).
>
>B withdraws (1 VP to B).
>
>A is last man standing. (1 VP to A).

I guess you mean Reyda is last man standing (not A who was ousted earlier). ;)

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo

Apr 12, 2005, 10:10:08 AM4/12/05
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 20:50:32 +0200, reyda <true_...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Hi Reyda,

Thanks for the help, I understand the principle. My confusion
concerned the setup involved. I assumed that the Brinksmanship was in
play *before* your predator had the chance to withdraw - it seems that
Charles got it too.

But if your setup is as LSJ has mentioned (reyda -> A -> B -> C, C
withdraws, reyda plays Brinksmanship after that), so forget about my
inquiry ;-)