Contest own Votes

Brian Skelly

May 31, 2002, 1:32:17 PM5/31/02
We were playing a game and a player brought out Wilhelm Waldburg into
play(Ventrue Price of Boston). Shortly afterwards, the same player
played Praxis Seizure: Boston on another Camarilla Vampire in play.
What i would like to know is if it is possible for the same player to
contest his own votes, and do the same contestation rules apply (i.e.
niether have titles until their next untap phase when either they both
play a pool or one (or can both?) yield their titles?)

Thankyou very much for clearing this up :)

-- Brian Skelly

LSJ

May 31, 2002, 1:41:42 PM5/31/02
Brian Skelly wrote:

> We were playing a game and a player brought out Wilhelm Waldburg into
> play(Ventrue Price of Boston). Shortly afterwards, the same player
> played Praxis Seizure: Boston on another Camarilla Vampire in play.
> What i would like to know is if it is possible for the same player to
> contest his own votes, and do the same contestation rules apply (i.e.
> niether have titles until their next untap phase when either they both
> play a pool or one (or can both?) yield their titles?)

Players (Methuselahs) contest cards.
Vampires contest titles.

A single vampire cannot contest a title with himself - he'd lose
the old title as soon as he gained the (second copy of the same) new
title.

Two vampires under the same controller can contest a title, however.

A Methuselah could bring out both the Prince of New York and the
Archbishop of New York, for instance. Or one of her vampires could,
as in your example, seize Praxis on one of her other controlled
vampire's prince titles.

On the Methuselahs untap phase, both could yield, both could contest,
or one could yield and the other pay to contest. In the third case,
the one who paid to contest would not gain the benefit of the contested
title until the *following* untap phase. [4.2]

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

XZealot

May 31, 2002, 5:03:26 PM5/31/02

"Brian Skelly" <br...@galaxia.com.au> wrote in message

The problem here is that Wilhem Waldburg is the prince of Berlin not Boston.
Once you get past that I am sure LSJ will have an answer for you.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp