Questions [LSJ]

Stone

Jul 23, 2001, 4:47:14 AM7/23/01

1/ Minion A has Charnas the Imp on him and is in combat with B. A plays
'environmental damage' such as weather control. Is Charnas killed?

2/ Say A bleeds, B tries to block. A plays a stealth card, B has no
intercept. Can A plays inf. Call of the Hungry Dead even though the 'loss of
intercept' is not needed?

3/ I have a few problems with some rulings from the online list...
Combat effects played at the end of a round/combat can be played when the
round ends via S:CE or similar. [RTR 20001020]

Does this mean that if A plays sup. Catatonic Fear, B does default strike,
then A can play Disarm? (e.g. A inflicted 1 damage, B inflicted zero, so
Disarm is played at the end of the round)

4/ Two online rulings about Catatonic Fear seem contradictory :
Catatonic Fear
If combat continues (via Telepathic Tracking, for example), then Catatonic
Fear's damage will "linger" until combat actually ends, just as the
torporizing effect of Undead Persistence does. [RTR 20010710]
The after-combat damage effect is lost if the end-combat effect is lost (due
to a Telepathic Tracking, for example). [LSJ 20001127]

I suppose the earliest ruling takes precedence...

5/ A vamp changes controller due to Corruption counters. Then the vamp is
Banished. Does he returns to his owner's uncontrolled region?

Thanks in advance,

Stone

Reyda

Jul 23, 2001, 5:08:10 AM7/23/01

"Stone" <mc_judg...@yahoo.fr>

> 3/ I have a few problems with some rulings from the online list...
> Combat effects played at the end of a round/combat can be played when the
> round ends via S:CE or similar. [RTR 20001020]

> Does this mean that if A plays sup. Catatonic Fear, B does default strike,
> then A can play Disarm? (e.g. A inflicted 1 damage, B inflicted zero, so
> Disarm is played at the end of the round)

Catatonic inflicts the damage after the end of combat, so it cannot be
prevented, nor aggravated by Daring the Dawn (cheezy combo it was...), nor
pulled fang'ed/disarmed =) but what if the opposing minion goes to torpor ??
can i play amaranth then ?? LSJaaaay , please !! =)

> 4/ Two online rulings about Catatonic Fear seem contradictory :
> Catatonic Fear
> If combat continues (via Telepathic Tracking, for example), then Catatonic
> Fear's damage will "linger" until combat actually ends, just as the
> torporizing effect of Undead Persistence does. [RTR 20010710]
> The after-combat damage effect is lost if the end-combat effect is lost
(due
> to a Telepathic Tracking, for example). [LSJ 20001127]
>
> I suppose the earliest ruling takes precedence...

Yes ! it's always the case with rulings =)

> 5/ A vamp changes controller due to Corruption counters. Then the vamp is
> Banished. Does he returns to his owner's uncontrolled region?

I want to add a thing about the controlling/owning topic: my prey influences
out parmenides. I take control of it for one turn. during my master phase, i
play "Hostile takeover". Who can bid for the control of parmenides ? Can i
bid too ? and what happens during my prey's untap ? Does he get paremenides
back ? Or does he choke miserably, having lost 4 pool for Parmee and offered
his predator a lot of pool ?

Reyda

(btw : hi pierre =) )

Stone

Jul 23, 2001, 5:37:34 AM7/23/01

> (btw : hi pierre =) )

Hi Reyda!
I'm trying to get back in shape before that EC tournament...
Stone

LSJ

Jul 23, 2001, 8:12:24 AM7/23/01
"Reyda" <re...@noos.fr> wrote:
>Catatonic inflicts the damage after the end of combat, so it cannot be
>prevented, nor aggravated by Daring the Dawn (cheezy combo it was...), nor
>pulled fang'ed/disarmed =) but what if the opposing minion goes to torpor ??
>can i play amaranth then ?? LSJaaaay , please !! =)

No. Amaranth is a combat card.

>I want to add a thing about the controlling/owning topic: my prey influences
>out parmenides. I take control of it for one turn. during my master phase, i
>play "Hostile takeover". Who can bid for the control of parmenides ? Can i

Everyone, as always.

>bid too ? and what happens during my prey's untap ? Does he get paremenides

Yes (card text). Nothing - permanent control breaks any lingering temporary
control.

>back ? Or does he choke miserably, having lost 4 pool for Parmee and offered
>his predator a lot of pool ?

No. Yes.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

agzocgud

Jul 23, 2001, 10:35:44 AM7/23/01
In which order do you resolve the combat ends effects?

Example

A hunts. B blocks. A strikes with a hand strike. B strikes Catatonic.
A plays tele tracking.
New round: A strikes with shadow body/mirror image/form of mist. B
strikes hand strike. B plays tele tracking.
New round: A & B strikes with hand strikes. Combat is over.

A is now at zero blood. Will he go into torpor, because catatonic was
played first? Or will he hunts, because he is the acting minion and
his "after combat" effects goes first? (a la lurker berfore fast
reaction)

LSJ

Jul 23, 2001, 10:37:05 AM7/23/01
Stone wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1/ Minion A has Charnas the Imp on him and is in combat with B. A plays
> 'environmental damage' such as weather control. Is Charnas killed?

Yes.

> 2/ Say A bleeds, B tries to block. A plays a stealth card, B has no
> intercept. Can A plays inf. Call of the Hungry Dead even though the 'loss of
> intercept' is not needed?

Yes.

> 3/ I have a few problems with some rulings from the online list...
> Combat effects played at the end of a round/combat can be played when the
> round ends via S:CE or similar. [RTR 20001020]
>
> Does this mean that if A plays sup. Catatonic Fear, B does default strike,
> then A can play Disarm? (e.g. A inflicted 1 damage, B inflicted zero, so
> Disarm is played at the end of the round)

No. Catatonic Fear's damage isn't inflicted until after combat.

> 4/ Two online rulings about Catatonic Fear seem contradictory :
> Catatonic Fear
> If combat continues (via Telepathic Tracking, for example), then Catatonic
> Fear's damage will "linger" until combat actually ends, just as the
> torporizing effect of Undead Persistence does. [RTR 20010710]
> The after-combat damage effect is lost if the end-combat effect is lost (due
> to a Telepathic Tracking, for example). [LSJ 20001127]
>
> I suppose the earliest ruling takes precedence...

No. Most recent takes precendence.

> 5/ A vamp changes controller due to Corruption counters. Then the vamp is
> Banished. Does he returns to his owner's uncontrolled region?

He returns to his controller's uncontrolled region.
Banishement breaks lingering temporary control effects.
Permenent change of control is not broken.

LSJ

Jul 23, 2001, 10:42:49 AM7/23/01

The action continuance is lost, so there's no "race condition" to
consider.

If, however, B failed to play TT in round 2, then A would take CF's
damage when combat ended before resolving the hunt - the hunt action
isn't resolved after combat - it merely continues after combat. It
will fizzle when the vampire goes to torpor from CF's damage.

Reyda

Jul 23, 2001, 10:20:42 PM7/23/01

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com>

> > I suppose the earliest ruling takes precedence...
>
> No. Most recent takes precendence.

I think we french guys misunderstood the meaning of earlier... =)

Stone

Jul 24, 2001, 3:52:07 AM7/24/01
> > No. Most recent takes precendence.
>
> I think we french guys misunderstood the meaning of earlier... =)

yup. or 'earlier when travelling back in time or something...' :)