More questions about specific cards

Jozxyqk

May 19, 2004, 7:00:26 PM5/19/04
I'm opening up my boxes, finally, and looking for some answers to questions
I come up with as I open the packs:

1) Centralized Background Check - Weapons cost an additional pool.
Do I have to pay a pool for Weighted Walking Stick/Zip Gun?

2) Chain of Command
What if I choose two of the same vampire in my uncontrolled region? Do they
contest?
What if I choose two Jimmy Dunns? Does one burn and go to the ash heap
instead of bottom of crypt?

3) Jacob the Glitch
If Jacob becomes contested (and therefore not controlled), does his capacity
go down to 2 (does he burn excess blood)?

4) Descent into Darkness
If somehow this card is moved (a weird Succubus Club deal or something), what
happens to the out-of-play vampire?

More coming, I'm sure.. :)

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

May 19, 2004, 7:34:48 PM5/19/04
> 1) Centralized Background Check - Weapons cost an additional pool.
> Do I have to pay a pool for Weighted Walking Stick/Zip Gun?

No. They are only weapons while in play.

> 2) Chain of Command
> What if I choose two of the same vampire in my uncontrolled region? Do they
> contest?
> What if I choose two Jimmy Dunns? Does one burn and go to the ash heap
> instead of bottom of crypt?

The exact same things that happen whenever you contest your own vampire.
The new one (or either if they are truly brought out simultaneoulsy) is
burned. If any of the minions brought out by Chain of Command are burned
while minions, they remain in your ash heap as already ruled.

> 3) Jacob the Glitch
> If Jacob becomes contested (and therefore not controlled), does his capacity
> go down to 2 (does he burn excess blood)?

While he is out of play, the cards and counters on him are of no concern.

> 4) Descent into Darkness
> If somehow this card is moved (a weird Succubus Club deal or something), what
> happens to the out-of-play vampire?

Control of when the vampire re-enters play goes to the new controller of
the Descent into Darkness.

Jozxyqk

May 19, 2004, 7:43:07 PM5/19/04
Gregory Stuart Pettigrew <ethe...@sidehack.sat.gweep.net> wrote:
>> 1) Centralized Background Check - Weapons cost an additional pool.
>> Do I have to pay a pool for Weighted Walking Stick/Zip Gun?
>>

> No. They are only weapons while in play.

What about during a Peace Treaty?

>> 3) Jacob the Glitch
>> If Jacob becomes contested (and therefore not controlled), does his capacity
>> go down to 2 (does he burn excess blood)?
>>

> While he is out of play, the cards and counters on him are of no concern.

"As he goes out of play" could be a timing issue.

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

May 19, 2004, 8:10:34 PM5/19/04
> >> 1) Centralized Background Check - Weapons cost an additional pool.
> >> Do I have to pay a pool for Weighted Walking Stick/Zip Gun?
> >>

> > No. They are only weapons while in play.
>
> What about during a Peace Treaty?

0+1=1.

> >> 3) Jacob the Glitch
> >> If Jacob becomes contested (and therefore not controlled), does his capacity
> >> go down to 2 (does he burn excess blood)?
> >>

> > While he is out of play, the cards and counters on him are of no concern.
>
> "As he goes out of play" could be a timing issue.

I may have to start playing him just so you and I can contest him. :)

LSJ

May 20, 2004, 5:40:16 AM5/20/04

Correct on all.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/