Extremis Boon [LSJ]

Orpheus

Nov 20, 2003, 6:08:45 PM11/20/03
"Other methuselah can bid pool to keep you in the game".

How does it work ? Is it like a Life Boon where the pool they bid will be
given to you ? Or do you just not lose the pool ousting you ? I find the
card text quite unprecise.

Thanks for all available precisions,

Orpheus

Timlagor

Nov 20, 2003, 6:34:50 PM11/20/03
Orpheus expounded:

> "Other methuselah can bid pool to keep you in the game".
>
> How does it work ? Is it like a Life Boon where the pool they bid will be
> given to you ? Or do you just not lose the pool ousting you ? I find the
> card text quite unprecise.

Indeed it is. there is another thread. Basically it's like Life Boon.
The minimum bid is what will keep you in the game after you lose all the
pool to whatever was ousting you (not sure of the situation if there are
multiple sources eg 4 ARs.. though I can't see any reason to bid less
pool than will keep you in the game). The top bid is given to you from
the bidder's pool.

LSJ

Nov 21, 2003, 6:23:55 AM11/21/03

Correct. If the pool bid is to keep you in the game (card text) the pool
would have to go to you.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

salem

Nov 21, 2003, 8:25:32 AM11/21/03
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 23:34:50 -0000, Timlagor
<Timlagor...@yahoo.co.uk> scrawled:

>Orpheus expounded:
>> "Other methuselah can bid pool to keep you in the game".
>>
>> How does it work ? Is it like a Life Boon where the pool they bid will be
>> given to you ? Or do you just not lose the pool ousting you ? I find the
>> card text quite unprecise.
>
>Indeed it is. there is another thread. Basically it's like Life Boon.
>The minimum bid is what will keep you in the game after you lose all the
>pool to whatever was ousting you (not sure of the situation if there are
>multiple sources eg 4 ARs..

You will only be ousted by one of the ARs (presumably Anarch Revolts),
as they are handled one at a time. If the methuselah who 'wins' the
bid doesn't give you enough pool to cover the other Anarch Revolts
that are about to kick in once you're no longer ousted, well, that's
just poor play all round. :)

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm