LSJ: Watenda

Sascha Neumayr

Oct 25, 2001, 10:41:10 AM10/25/01
Howdy!

Watenda
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Capacity: 3
Discipline: obf
<Camarilla:> Once each combat, Watenda can cancel the effect of a combat
card played by an opposing minion by burning an amount of blood equal to the
cost of the card. If the card is a strike card, the opposing minion may
choose a new strike.

My vampire opposes Watenda in combat. I decide to play Carrion Crows and
Watenda uses his special ability to nullify the effect of the Crows. Can I
now play a second Carrion Crows since the effect was completely cancelled or
is the "only one Carrion Crows"-clause still in effect?

Vampirically yours,

Sascha

LSJ

Oct 25, 2001, 12:41:23 PM10/25/01
Sascha Neumayr wrote:
> My vampire opposes Watenda in combat. I decide to play Carrion Crows and
> Watenda uses his special ability to nullify the effect of the Crows. Can I
> now play a second Carrion Crows since the effect was completely cancelled or
> is the "only one Carrion Crows"-clause still in effect?

The card text of the new (second) would-be Carrion Crows will self-prohibit
(even though the prohibition on the first card was canceled).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sorrow

Oct 25, 2001, 1:11:53 PM10/25/01
> > My vampire opposes Watenda in combat. I decide to play Carrion Crows and
> > Watenda uses his special ability to nullify the effect of the Crows. Can I
> > now play a second Carrion Crows since the effect was completely cancelled or
> > is the "only one Carrion Crows"-clause still in effect?
> The card text of the new (second) would-be Carrion Crows will self-prohibit
> (even though the prohibition on the first card was canceled).

Maybe I'm totally dense (shut up, Derek :p), but it doesn't appear that the question
qas answered. Can a second Carrion Crows be played? If so, why is it that you
can play a second CC but you can't play a second IG? Or another Reality Mirror
(as you stated you cannot in the past)? If you can't play a second CC, then I guess
my other questions are moot.

Sorrow
---
"Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
Our war is a spiritual war. Our depression is our lives."
- Tyler Durden

LSJ

Oct 25, 2001, 1:13:34 PM10/25/01
Sorrow wrote:

> > > My vampire opposes Watenda in combat. I decide to play Carrion Crows and
> > > Watenda uses his special ability to nullify the effect of the Crows. Can I
> > > now play a second Carrion Crows since the effect was completely cancelled or
> > > is the "only one Carrion Crows"-clause still in effect?
> > The card text of the new (second) would-be Carrion Crows will self-prohibit
> > (even though the prohibition on the first card was canceled).
>
> Maybe I'm totally dense (shut up, Derek :p), but it doesn't appear that the question
> qas answered. Can a second Carrion Crows be played? If so, why is it that you

No: "the ... second ... self-prohibits".

> can play a second CC but you can't play a second IG? Or another Reality Mirror
> (as you stated you cannot in the past)? If you can't play a second CC, then I guess
> my other questions are moot.

Correct. :-)