LSJ: Madness Network

Dr. Enrique Montaño

Nov 2, 2001, 11:51:15 PM11/2/01
Hi, after playing a lot of time with my weenie Malkav, I didn't notice
this doubt. Now with and elder malkavian i wonder if i can do the
following:
Madness network is in the game.
player 1.(Me) bleed
player 2. any stuff, 2nd tradition, and after he finish minion phase.
ME: bleed
player 3 any stuff, 2nd tradition and Me: bleed

and again, and again.
Is it possible:

Thanks,
Enrique

The Lasombra

Nov 3, 2001, 12:00:39 AM11/3/01
"Dr. Enrique Montaño" <take...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hi, after playing a lot of time with my weenie Malkav, I didn't notice
> this doubt. Now with and elder malkavian i wonder if i can do the
> following:
> Madness network is in the game.
> player 1.(Me) bleed
> player 2. any stuff, 2nd tradition, and after he finish minion phase.
> ME: bleed

You may only play the 2nd Tradition if you are attempting to block.
If you block successfully and play Obedience, you will be untapped
and able to act with that minion. If you are unsuccessful in your
block attempt, ie they are 3 or more stealth, then you are still
untapped and may act with that minion after his last minion phase
action.

> player 3 any stuff, 2nd tradition and Me: bleed

You may only attempt to block actions that are directed against you,
or actions that your prey or predator attempt that are undirected.
Unless you first play Eagle's Sight (or they are acting to burn your
Madness Network) you cannot play 2nd Tradition to attempt to block
the actions of your grand prey.

> and again, and again.
> Is it possible:

Yes and no.
See above.

> Thanks,
> Enrique

Carpe noctem.

Lasombra

http://www.TheLasombra.com

--
Posted from rr-163-54-196.atl.mediaone.net [24.163.54.196]

LSJ

Nov 3, 2001, 8:12:47 AM11/3/01

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

The Nosferatu Stuff

Nov 3, 2001, 5:07:09 PM11/3/01

"The Lasombra" <thela...@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

> > player 3 any stuff, 2nd tradition and Me: bleed
>
> You may only attempt to block actions that are directed against you,
> or actions that your prey or predator attempt that are undirected.
> Unless you first play Eagle's Sight (or they are acting to burn your
> Madness Network) you cannot play 2nd Tradition to attempt to block
> the actions of your grand prey.

Ha, remember that you can't play reaction cards(Eagle Sight) with a tapped
vampire. To do correctly you have to play forced/WwEF followed by eagle
sight to be able to block, followed by second tradition for intercept
followed by obedience. Thats 4 cards so you can bleed every turn...ouch.
--
Aaron
The Nosferatu Stuff

Halcyan 2

Nov 3, 2001, 6:17:40 PM11/3/01
>Ha, remember that you can't play reaction cards(Eagle Sight) with a tapped
>vampire. To do correctly you have to play forced/WwEF followed by eagle
>sight to be able to block, followed by second tradition for intercept
>followed by obedience. Thats 4 cards so you can bleed every turn...ouch.

Unless you want to do the whole "Anneke Clan Impersonates into Malkavian"
thing...

Halcyan 2

Roger Carhult

Nov 3, 2001, 7:06:31 PM11/3/01

"The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Hmm question is, may you untap with the 2nd Tradition after that? Since WWEF
says you play reaction cards as if untapped. Then you shouldn't be able to
untap wit 2nd Trad since you're already considered to be untapped at that
moment? If not, then what happens if someone plays The Sleeping Mind and
then you do this combo?? Could reacting vampire choose to not use the utnap
part and only the intercept?

Roger

LSJ

Nov 3, 2001, 8:45:10 PM11/3/01
Roger Carhult wrote:

> "The Nosferatu Stuff" <roans...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > You may only attempt to block actions that are directed against you,
> > > or actions that your prey or predator attempt that are undirected.
> > > Unless you first play Eagle's Sight (or they are acting to burn your
> > > Madness Network) you cannot play 2nd Tradition to attempt to block
> > > the actions of your grand prey.
> >
> > Ha, remember that you can't play reaction cards(Eagle Sight) with a tapped
> > vampire. To do correctly you have to play forced/WwEF followed by eagle
> > sight to be able to block, followed by second tradition for intercept
> > followed by obedience. Thats 4 cards so you can bleed every turn...ouch.
>
> Hmm question is, may you untap with the 2nd Tradition after that? Since WWEF

Yes.

> says you play reaction cards as if untapped. Then you shouldn't be able to

says you "may" play reaction cards as if untapped. You are free to play them
as if tapped if you like.

> untap wit 2nd Trad since you're already considered to be untapped at that
> moment? If not, then what happens if someone plays The Sleeping Mind and
> then you do this combo?? Could reacting vampire choose to not use the utnap
> part and only the intercept?

In general, yes, because of official card text to exactly that effect.

Dr. Enrique Montaño

Nov 4, 2001, 12:08:43 AM11/4/01
Hi again,
But I can bleed 3 times each turn!

At my turn!
On my prey's turn, 2nd trad, obedience, bleed.
And on my predators turn, 2nd trad, etc, right?????

Enrique

James Coupe

Nov 4, 2001, 6:33:26 AM11/4/01
In message <988915c.01110...@posting.google.com>, Dr. Enrique

Montaño <take...@yahoo.com> writes:
>Hi again,
>But I can bleed 3 times each turn!

You can bleed once per turn, assuming No Repeat Actions is in effect.

>On my prey's turn, 2nd trad, obedience, bleed.

This is a separate turn.

>And on my predators turn, 2nd trad, etc, right?????

This is a separate turn.

--
James Coupe PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D
EBD690ECD7A1F

Roger Carhult

Nov 4, 2001, 6:55:30 AM11/4/01
> > > Ha, remember that you can't play reaction cards(Eagle Sight) with a
tapped
> > > vampire. To do correctly you have to play forced/WwEF followed by
eagle
> > > sight to be able to block, followed by second tradition for intercept
> > > followed by obedience. Thats 4 cards so you can bleed every
turn...ouch.

> > Hmm question is, may you untap with the 2nd Tradition after that? Since
WWEF

> Yes.
>
> > says you play reaction cards as if untapped. Then you shouldn't be able
>
> says you "may" play reaction cards as if untapped. You are free to play
them
> as if tapped if you like.

So you can play Eagle's Sight saying you do it as if you were untapped, and
then when you play 2nd Trad you state you play *that* card as if tapped?

> > untap wit 2nd Trad since you're already considered to be untapped at
that
> > moment? If not, then what happens if someone plays The Sleeping Mind and
> > then you do this combo?? Could reacting vampire choose to not use the

untap

> > part and only the intercept?
>
> In general, yes, because of official card text to exactly that effect.

So you can't use use the untap effect then but must state you only use the
intercept part, right? (just want to be sure). What if I after allthis do
Shilmulo Deception with Francois Villon who has a Blessing of Chaos on him?
:) May I untap then since The Sleeping Mind won't have an effect on him?

Roger Carhult

Nov 4, 2001, 6:57:09 AM11/4/01

> So you can't use use the untap effect then but must state you only use the
> intercept part, right? (just want to be sure). What if I after allthis do
> Shilmulo Deception with Francois Villon who has a Blessing of Chaos on
him?
> :) May I untap then since The Sleeping Mind won't have an effect on him?

Also I wonder, does Francois inherit all cards played by the first vampire
(i.e. the WWEF, 2nd Trad etc)?

Roger

James Coupe

Nov 4, 2001, 7:14:07 AM11/4/01
In message <9s3adt$10r4es$1...@ID-104455.news.dfncis.de>, Roger Carhult

<rogc...@student.luth.se> writes:
>Also I wonder, does Francois inherit all cards played by the first vampire
>(i.e. the WWEF, 2nd Trad etc)?

No.

Card text says nothing to that effect, at all.

LSJ

Nov 4, 2001, 8:42:48 AM11/4/01
Roger Carhult wrote:
> > > untap wit 2nd Trad since you're already considered to be untapped at
> that
> > > moment? If not, then what happens if someone plays The Sleeping Mind and
> > > then you do this combo?? Could reacting vampire choose to not use the
> untap
> > > part and only the intercept?
> >
> > In general, yes, because of official card text to exactly that effect.
>
> So you can't use use the untap effect then but must state you only use the
> intercept part, right? (just want to be sure). What if I after allthis do

If you're untapped, you don't need the untap effect (and must need the intercept).
If you're tapped, you need not need the intercept.
Again, this is per the official card text available online.

> Shilmulo Deception with Francois Villon who has a Blessing of Chaos on him?
> :) May I untap then since The Sleeping Mind won't have an effect on him?

Sleeping Mind will affect him just fine, since it has already been played.

The Nosferatu Stuff

Nov 4, 2001, 9:43:28 AM11/4/01

"James Coupe" <ja...@zephyr.org.uk> wrote in message

> In message <988915c.01110...@posting.google.com>, Dr. Enrique
> Montaño <take...@yahoo.com> writes:
> >Hi again,
> >But I can bleed 3 times each turn!
>
> You can bleed once per turn, assuming No Repeat Actions is in effect.
>
> >On my prey's turn, 2nd trad, obedience, bleed.
>
> This is a separate turn.
>
> >And on my predators turn, 2nd trad, etc, right?????
>
> This is a separate turn.

Obviously he was refering to a 'turn' as a full rotation of the table. Why
didn't you get that? What are you trying to correct here James? You're
being a meany head!

James Coupe

Nov 4, 2001, 11:15:24 AM11/4/01
In message <kucF7.152$8T.3...@typhoon.mw.mediaone.net>, The Nosferatu

Stuff <roans...@yahoo.com> writes:
>Obviously he was refering to a 'turn' as a full rotation of the table. Why
>didn't you get that? What are you trying to correct here James?

That he's being incorrect.

Turn has a defined meaning, which is somewhat different to that of each
player having their own turn before it gets back to him.

GreySeer

Nov 4, 2001, 6:39:28 PM11/4/01
"Roger Carhult" <rogc...@student.luth.se> wrote in message

You don't need to be tapped, under the current card text for 2nd Trad, which
is:

"Requires ready Prince or Justicar. +2 intercept. Also usable by a tapped
Prince or Justicar, even if intercept is not yet needed, to untap and
attempt to block with +2 intercept."

GreySeer

Nov 4, 2001, 6:48:47 PM11/4/01
"Dr. Enrique Montaño" <take...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I've got a deck that takes advantage of exactly that.

Impatience
by GreySeer
Use Homonculi to bleed as often as possible in other people's turns using
Madness Network.
Archon investigation is OOT this means that I can bleed for as much as I
like during my prey's turn!
It's usually a good idea to lay low at the start, let people spend a little
pool and then clean out the whole table before they know what hit em.
2nd Trads & Rotschreck to defend the Madness Network. Flesh of Marble for
when you have aleady Rotschrecked since your last turn.
This deck could probably use some minor tweaks ( like replace Zebulon with
someone else and ditch the AUS masters ).

Crypt(12)
2x Zöe 3, AUS cel obf, Malkavian,
2x Victoria 5, AUS cel obf, Malkavian,
2x Zebulon 5, aus dom OBF pro, Malkavian,
3x Gilbert Duane 7, AUS DOM OBF, Malkavian, Prince
3x Greger Anderssen 7, AUS dom OBF pro, Malkavian, Prince

Library(72)
Master(14)
4x Madness Network
2x Auspex
3x Rotschreck
2x Blood Doll
3x Protean

Action(17)
5x Fifth Tradition: Hospitality, The
2x Graverobbing
5x Revelations
5x Pulse of the Canaille

Action Modifier(12)
6x Faceless Night
6x Lost in Crowds

Action Modifier/Combat(4)
4x Swallowed by the Night

Combat(7)
4x Claws of the Dead
3x Flesh of Marble

Equipment(2)
2x Ivory Bow

Political Action(3)
3x Malkavian Justicar

Reaction(6)
3x Second Tradition: Domain, The
3x Enhanced Senses

Retainer(7)
7x Homunculus

Halcyan 2

Nov 4, 2001, 11:54:31 PM11/4/01
>> Hi, after playing a lot of time with my weenie Malkav, I didn't notice
>> this doubt. Now with and elder malkavian i wonder if i can do the
>> following:
>> Madness network is in the game.
>> player 1.(Me) bleed
>> player 2. any stuff, 2nd tradition, and after he finish minion phase.
>> ME: bleed
>> player 3 any stuff, 2nd tradition and Me: bleed
>>
>> and again, and again.
>> Is it possible:

To counter some of it, all your prey has to do is avoid undirected actions. As
long as his actions are directed at his prey, you can't attempt to block
(unless you have the Wake *and* the Eagle's Sight before you use the 2nd
Tradition). At the very least it'll keep him from getting bled during his turn
(allowing his Archon Investigation to be useful). Alternatively, such a deck
already has many moving parts. Destroy the Madness Network and the strategy is
screwed.

=)

Halcyan 2