Abbot and locations (LSJ)

Fouez

Dec 22, 2006, 11:18:06 AM12/22/06
Can I use the intercept from Abbot to try to block a minion who's
attempting an action against a location I control? I guess not but I
just want to be sure.

Abbot
+1 stealth action. Requires a Sabbat vampire.
Put this card on this acting Sabbat vampire and untap him or her. This
Sabbat vampire gets +1 intercept against (D) actions directed at his or
her controller. A vampire may have only one Abbot.

witness1

Dec 22, 2006, 11:30:30 AM12/22/06

An action directed at a card or cards you control is also directed at
you. The Abbot intercept applies.

witness1
-believe the lie

LSJ

Dec 22, 2006, 12:02:37 PM12/22/06

Correct.

ira...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2006, 5:34:09 PM12/22/06
witness1 wrote:
> An action directed at a card or cards you control is also directed at
> you. The Abbot intercept applies.

Almost always true. The only corner-case I know is Mehemet of the
Ahl-i-Batin (Mage) burning a blood and a discipline card from your
prey, where the discipline card is controlled by someone else. In that
case, the action is undirected.

That said, if I try to Spirit Marionette my prey at [obe], then it gets
bounced to my grand-prey, it's still directed at my grand-prey (even
though I'm trying to tap a minion of my prey.)

Ira