Blood of Acid vs Catatonic Fear (LSJ)

Khaleph Alendis

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
A player asked me to post this question :

«What happens when you play Blood of Acid in combat and the opposing
vampire plays a Catatonic Fear (superior version)? Does the opposing
minion suffer a point of environmental damage resulting from the
combination of Catatonic Fear's damage and Blood of Acid?»

I think that the domage are not done to the meth that play Catatonic
Fear since :

The effect of Blood of Acid applies to all strikes in the current
round. [RTR 19980623] [LSJ 19990215]

But the domage from Catatonic Fear is outside of the round :

Catatonic Fear's damage is dealt just after the combat ends. [RTR
19970630]

What do you think ?

--
Khaleph Alendis, High Priest of Maizerets
VEKN Setite Prince of Beauport

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

Jul 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/19/00
Khaleph Alendis wrote:

> A player asked me to post this question :
>
> «What happens when you play Blood of Acid in combat and the opposing
> vampire plays a Catatonic Fear (superior version)? Does the opposing
> minion suffer a point of environmental damage resulting from the
> combination of Catatonic Fear's damage and Blood of Acid?»
>
> I think [not]...

Correct. Blood of Acid on works on damage inflicted by the opposing minion
during strike resolution. Since Catatonic Fear's damage is not done during
strike resolution, it won't be "copied" by Blood of Acid.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
In article <3975FF37...@white-wolf.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Khaleph Alendis wrote:
> >
> > A player asked me to post this question :
> >
> > «What happens when you play Blood of Acid in combat and the opposing
> > vampire plays a Catatonic Fear (superior version)? Does the opposing
> > minion suffer a point of environmental damage resulting from the
> > combination of Catatonic Fear's damage and Blood of Acid?»
> >
> > I think [not]...
>
> Correct. Blood of Acid on works on damage inflicted by the opposing
minion
> during strike resolution. Since Catatonic Fear's damage is not done
during
> strike resolution, it won't be "copied" by Blood of Acid.

What about Weather Control? If I play Weather Control and a Theft of
Vitae. I do one point of enviromental damage and steal one blood.
Would Blood of Acid affect me for the one point of enviromental damage I
inflicted?

Comments Welcome
Norman S. Brown Jr
X_Zealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

Jul 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM7/21/00
X_Ze...@email.msn.com wrote:

> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > Blood of Acid on works on damage inflicted by the opposing minion
> > during strike resolution.
>
> What about Weather Control? If I play Weather Control and a Theft of
> Vitae. I do one point of enviromental damage and steal one blood.
> Would Blood of Acid affect me for the one point of enviromental damage I
> inflicted?

No. "You" don't inflict environmental damage (and, in this case, the
environmental damage isn't even done during strike resolution).
Environmental damage is damage that isn't inflicted by a minion, by
definition.

Blood of Acid only works on damage inflicted by the opposing minion
during strike resolution.