(LSJ) Various rule questions

floppyzedolfin

May 26, 2010, 7:23:07 PM5/26/10
Hello,

All cardtexts are pasted at the end of this message.
I tried searching for these questions via the GoogleGroups, but I
couldn't find an answer (even though I'm sure I read some of those
around here).

* Brother's Blood
- Can it be played even when there is currently no damage to heal /
prevent destruction from?
- Suppose my Blood Brother gets hit by a Saturday Night Special +
Dragon's Breath Rounds, can BB allow me to heal once *and* prevent
destruction once?

* Delaying Tactics
Can it be played on a referendum called by Bujo?
If yes, what happens?
(I'm pretty sure I already read that one from the NG, the answers
being "yes" and "the political action card isn't moved from the ash
heap to the hand", but I can't find it...)

* Death Pact
The damage can only be changed if the vampire with the retainer is in
combat, right?

* Enticement
Suppose my Angra Mainyu burns the edge for stealth on an Enticement
action causing it to fizzle, can I still bleed this turn?

* Ex Nihilo
My vampire has Ex Nihilo and "treats aggravated damage as normal" (ex:
Concordance).
He is struck by an Ivory Bow. Does he burn blood counters?
I suppose so. Indeed, he has to handle 1 agg damage. Treating it as
normal doesn't change the nature of the damage (which Merrill's
cardtext would do) but rather have my vampire burn 1 blood to heal 1
agg.

* FBI Special Affairs Division
Suppose my Escaped Mental Patient blocks an action.
The acting vampire's strike is a handstrike for 0 damage (let's say he
has 0 str).
EMP's strike is to inflict strength+1 agg damage, from special
ability.
Does the acting vampire take 2 damage from FBI ?

* Final Loosening
Suppose Festivo dello Estinto is in play. A Sabbat vampire hunts.
Someone plays Final Loosening. Does the Sabbat vampire gain 1 blood,
or does he gain enough to reach full capacity?

* Ghoul Retainer
Suppose B with Ghoul Retainer and Sniper Rifle blocks A.
B sets the range to long with the Sniper. A plays Drawing out the
Beast.
Can the Sniper Rifle be used by the Ghoul Retainer on the initial
strike of the first round?

* Hidden Lurker
Is this ruling still valid: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d823f2f2ba71752d
That is, can Hidden Lurker still be played when the blocking vampire
is in / going to torpor?

* Justicar Retribution
Justicar Retribution is played.
Does Arika with a Pentex Subversion burn?
Does Rabbat with a Legendary Vampire burn?

* Leandro
Leandro is in play.
Can I play Govern the Unaligned at superior, use the Powerbase
Montreal, .. if I decided to receive no transfers during my untap
phase?
Answer should be yes.

* Left for Dead
Suppose my Kyasid plays the Grandest Trick, and would be burned in
combat.
Can Left for Dead be played on it? If it can, does the minion become a
Kyasid after the action? Will its life counter become a blood counter?

* Legacy of Power
Suppose Michael Luther is rushed.
Can a justicar / inner circle controlled by his controller play Wake
(drawn from entering combat with Michael) + Legacy of Power?

* Life Boon
- A plays Parity Shift and takes 5 pool from B (who has 5 pool), and
gives 5 to C (who has 1 pool). Can C play Life Boon for 2 pool on B?
- Suppose A has played Gambit Accepted. D then plays Life Boon on A.
And then, the game ends as time-limit is reached. What are the
results? (A-> B -> C -> D -> E)

* Machine Blitz
What is the amount of damage a Kerrie would inflict as a strike ?

* Marcianna Giovanni
- Marcianna attempts to block, but lacks intercept. Can she tap
herself to grant herself the possibility to burn 1 blood to gain 1
intercept?
I guess she can.
- Can she then play a Wake-like and burn 1 blood to gain 1 intercept?

* Mariel, Lady Thunder
- FBI is in play. An ally with 1 life blocks a vampire. Mariel's
special is activated, burning the ally. Does the acting vampire suffer
2 damage from FBI?

* Marked Path
A plays Marked Path on an action which targets cards controlled by A
and B.
Can A burn the Marked Path when performing a (D) action which
target[s] is[are] only controlled by B?

* Meddling of the Semsith
Suppose I play Steely Tenacity with Meddling of the Semsith targetting
me.Can I edraw my Steely Tenacity from my ash heap after the end of my
minion phase?

* Merrill Mollitor
Suppose Merril's opposing minion strikes with the Ivory Bow + Target
Vitals. Can Merrill change the nature of the damage before the
prevention step?
If not (or if Merrill's controller decides to do things in another
way), can Merrill change the nature of the 1Agg after is it
successfully inflicted and before it is resolved?
In that case would the 2additional damage from Target Vitals be
aggravated?

* Mouthpiece
Can I play Mouthpiece to play Govern the Unaligned?
Answer should be no.

* New Inquisition
Is the pool loss from Fame handled before, after, or in the same
window New Inquisition gets replaced ? (would only matter for Extremis
Boon..)

* Olugbenga
- My prey has an Amaravati Mummy. I influence out Amaravati.
Can I use counters from Olugbenga to pay for the contest?
Should be yes.
- I control an Amaravati Mummy. My prey influences out Amaravati.
Can I use blood counters on Olugbenga to pay for the contest?

* Parity Shift
5 players remaining.
A (1 pool) plays Parity Shift and targets B (3 pool). A splits the
share this way: D gets 1, E gets 4.
- How much do D and E get if the referendum is successful ?
- B plays Direct Intervention on Bewitching Oration (going down to 2
pool). Who of D or E (if any) gets 1 less if the referendum is
successful?
Can C play Life Boon on B, and give him only 1 pool, when the
referendum is successful?

* Poison Pill
Lutz calls a Kine Resources Contested, assigns 3 to his prey and 1 to
his predator, and his prey plays Poison Pill. If the vote passes, how
much pool does Lutz' controller burns?
It should be 3.

* Psyche!
A plays Terror Frenzy.
Combat ends. B plays Psyche!. What is the cost of that Psyche! ?

* Shackles of Enkidu
Are they still an equipment when they are activated ? (Matters for
Can't Take it with You, for instance).

* Sleeping Mind
Can it be played at superior on an Exile inferior action?
I suppose so. The acting minion won't untap, if the action is
successful.

* Soul Gem of Etrius
If Beast is revealed, is he moved in the ready region?
Does he receive blood?

* Spell of Life
- Suppose two Shock Troops Potence were banished. Can I make allies of
them with a 5th Spell of Life, or would they contest each other?
- Same question if they were Potence and Quietus Shock Troops.

* Storage Annex
Can it be played when it's the only card in your hand ?

* Sword of Judgment
A and B (both !Brujah) are in combat.
A has the Sword of Judgment.
A's strike is to use the Sword. (strike: strength +1 damage, from the
melee weapon)
B's is to steal the Sword.
- Does A still have an additional strike?
- Dose B get an additional strike?
- Suppose A's strike is a hand strike. A then gets the additional
strike from the Sword. B plays superior Blur. A's additional strike is
a hand strike, B's is to steal the Sword. Can B strike with the Sword
as his second additional strike? ( = does it count as "using" the
Sword to gain 1 additional strike from it ?)

* Sword of Nuln
Suppose the Sword of Nuln inflicts 2 agg damage (with Sword of the
Righteous). The opposing vampire has a Repair the undead flesh. In
order to heal all the damage from the Sword, must he burn 8 blood?
I guess so.

* Telepathic Counter
Can it be played before declaring a block attempt?
Answer should be yes.

* Trap
A and B are in combat. A plays Trap. No other combat card is played.
If a Taste of Vitae is played on round 4, does the Trap retroactively
award a press to continue?
The answer should be no (or even "cardtext").

* Trochomancy
Do I have to say which 7/13 cards I want to remove from the game as I
play it?
I'm pretty sure I must.

* Undead Persistence
- Suppose I play Rumble, and, in the resulting combat, Undead
persistence.
Do I burn 1 pool at the end of combat?
- I enter combat with another vampire. I play Undead Persistence.
Combat ends, I play Psyche!.
Isn't my vampire wounded when the opposing could play Obedience (and
therefore, the new combat can't start) ? (this is about
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bcc9e6babcd7b1d8
)

* Veil of Darkness
If Johannes Castelein plays Fanfare for Elysium, and Veil of Darkness
cancells it (a Master card is revealed), does the controller of Veil
of Darkness burn 2 pool?

* Walker Grimes
If I play a Rack and choose Walker Grimes, does the Rack cost 1
additional pool?
The answer should be yes, per similarity with Secure Haven.

* Winged Second
Can it make a strike once per round in each round? Only during the
first round?

Thanks,
(and sorry for the questions that have already been asked..)

Pascal

~ ~ ~

Arika
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 2
Capacity: 11
Discipline: aus cel DOM FOR OBF PRE
Camarilla Inner Circle: If Arika is ready during your prey's untap
phase, your prey chooses which locations he or she keeps in play. For
each location he or she controls, your prey burns 1 pool or burns the
location. +2 bleed.

Banishment
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose a younger ready vampire. Successful referendum means that the
chosen vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (breaking any
temporary control effects). The vampire is uncontrolled. Any cards and
counters on that vampire stay with him or her (but they are out of
play as long as the vampire remains uncontrolled).

Beast, The Leatherface of Detroit
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu antitribu
Group: 2
Capacity: 7
Discipline: ani cel OBF POT
Sabbat: Beast cannot play action cards. He cannot have or use
equipment or retainers. Beast may enter combat with any ready minion
controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action. +1 strength.

Blur
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Additional strike.
[CEL] Two additional strikes.

Brother's Blood
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Sanguinus
Requires a ready Blood Brother of the same circle as another one in
combat.
[san] This vampire can burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent
destruction from damage taken by a member of this circle in combat.
[SAN] Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card can
burn his or her own blood to heal or prevent destruction from damage
taken by a member of this circle in combat. A vampire may have only
one Brother's Blood.

Bujo
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Ravnos
+1 stealth political action.
Choose a political action card in another Methuselah's ash heap. Call
the referendum given on that card (this Ravnos must meet the
requirements of that political action, if any) and remove that card
from the game. This vampire gains 3 additional votes in this
referendum.

Can't Take it with You
Cardtype: Political Action
Successful referendum means each Methuselah gains 1 pool. Each
Methuselah then burns 1 pool for each equipment, location or retainer
card he or she controls.

Concordance
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Daimoinon/Serpentis
+1 stealth action.
[ser] (D) Bleed. If more than 1 pool is bled with this action, ignore
the excess.
[dai] Requires an infernal vampire. Put this card on the acting
vampire. This vampire treats aggravated damage as normal damage and
has +1 strength and -1 stealth.
[DAI] As [dai] above, and this vampire has flight [FLIGHT]. During
your influence phase, this vampire may burn 1 blood to untap.

Crocodile's Tongue
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] Only usable when an ally or a younger vampire attempts to block.
That block is canceled (the minion is not tapped). The blocking
minion's controller cannot attempt to block this action again. The
blocking minion can cancel this card by burning a blood or life.
[AUS] As above, but canceling this card requires an additional blood
or life.

Delaying Tactics
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 1 blood
Only usable during a referendum.
Cancel the referendum. Untap the acting vampire. The political action
card (if any) played to call this referendum is returned to its
owner's hand (discard afterward), and the acting Methuselah's minions
cannot attempt the same political action again this turn.

Death Pact
Cardtype: {Action}
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
This card is an action card that becomes a retainer card. +1 stealth
action.
[nec] (D) Put this card on a ready vampire. If that vampire is burned,
put this card on the vampire who brought this card into play. This
card then represents a -{wraith}- retainer with 2 life. Once each
combat, the vampire with this retainer may change one damage from
aggravated to normal.
[NEC] As above, but the retainer has 3 life.

Dragon's Breath Rounds
Cardtype: Combat
Ammo.
Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. This gun inflicts +2
aggravated damage each strike for the remainder of this combat. Burn
the gun after strike resolution. No more than one ammo card can be
used on a gun each combat.

Drawing Out the Beast
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Animalism
Only usable before range is determined on the first round. Frenzy.
[ani] During this combat, opposing vampire gets +1 strength, but he or
she cannot use maneuvers to maneuver to long range, cannot use presses
to end combat and cannot use equipment. A vampire may play only one
Drawing Out the Beast each combat.
[ANI] As above, and the opposing vampire takes 1 unpreventable damage
during the press step each round.

Enticement
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Serpentis
Requires the Edge.
[ser] (D) Burn the Edge to cause your prey to burn 2 pool. (This
action is directed at your prey.) Your minions cannot attempt bleed
actions for the remainder of the turn.
[SER] As above, but your prey burns 3 pool.

Escaped Mental Patient
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Malkavian antitribu
Cost: 2 pool
Mortal with 1 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Escaped Mental Patient can enter combat with any minion controlled by
another Methuselah as a (D) action. The Patient can {strike: hand
strike} at +1 damage, aggravated. Burn him at the end of combat if he
does so.

Ex Nihilo
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
+1 stealth action.
[nec] Put this card on this vampire. This vampire gets +1 stealth.
Damage he or she inflicts in combat is reduced to 0, and he or she is
immune to non-aggravated damage. This vampire cannot gain blood; any
blood he or she gains goes to the blood bank instead. During your
master phase, this vampire burns 1 blood or is burned. You may burn
this card during your untap phase.
[NEC] As above, but you may burn this card during any Methuselah's
untap phase.

Exile
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 2 blood
Discipline: Presence
+1 stealth action.
[pre] (D) Tap an ally or younger vampire and untap this acting
vampire.
[PRE] (D) Tap X Orun on this vampire to send a vampire or imbued with
capacity or cost 2X or less to his or her owner's uncontrolled region.
Extremis Boon
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn. ={Boon.}=
Only usable when you are being ousted. Other Methuselahs may bid pool
to keep you in the game. If one does, put this card in play. As a
master phase action, the high bidder may steal up to 2 pool from you.
You may burn this card by giving that Methuselah 6 pool during your
master phase.

Fall of the Camarilla
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Requires at least three other Gehenna cards in play. There is no
Camarilla. Any Camarilla vampire is considered Independent instead.

Fame
Cardtype: Master
Unique master.
Put this card on a ready vampire. If this vampire goes to torpor, his
or her controller burns 3 pool. While this vampire is in torpor, each
Methuselah burns 1 pool during his or her untap phase.

Fanfare for Elysium
Cardtype: Political Action
Discipline: Melpominee
[mel] Choose up to five older vampires. Successful referendum means
each chosen vampire gains 1 blood.
[MEL] As above, and (if the referendum passes) put this card in play.
Unique. You may burn this card before range to end any combat.

FBI Special Affairs Division
Cardtype: Event
Government.
When an ally is burned in combat with an acting vampire, put a counter
on this card, and that acting vampire takes 2 unpreventable damage
(after combat ends). Burn this card when it has 4 counters.

Festivo dello Estinto
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master.
Put this card in play. Each Sabbat vampire gets -1 stealth when
hunting. Any Sabbat vampire who successfully hunts gains enough blood
from the blood bank to reach full capacity. Burn this card during your
untap phase. Only one Festivo dello Estinto can be played during a
game.

Final Loosening
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex/Dementation/Fortitude
Requires an anarch.
[aus] Play when the acting vampire would gain 1 or more blood. The
acting vampire and this reacting anarch each gain 1 blood instead.
[dem] Gain 4 votes.
[for] Only usable when an ally is acting. The action fails and the
ally takes 1 damage. Tap this reacting anarch.

Gambit Accepted
Cardtype: Master
Master.
Only usable if you have at least 1 victory point. Lose 1 victory point
and put this card in play. During your untap phase, move 1 pool from
your prey's pool to your pool. If you are ousted, your predator gains
an additional victory point. At the end of the game, if you have not
been ousted, you gain an additional victory point.

Ghoul Retainer
Cardtype: Retainer
Cost: 2 pool
Ghoul with 2 life. 1 strength.
During the initial strike resolution each round, the Ghoul Retainer
inflicts 1 damage or may use a weapon not used by the employing minion
(or another retainer) that round (either before or after). This is not
a strike, although it does count as "using" the weapon.

Govern the Unaligned
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] (D) Bleed with +2 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 3 blood from the bank to a younger
vampire in your uncontrolled region.

The Grandest Trick
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Clan: Kiasyd
Cost: 2 blood
Burn Option
Only usable when an action is announced.
Vampires cannot block this ={minion}=. This acting vampire is treated
as a mortal ally for the duration of the action (cannot spend or burn
blood, cannot use Disciplines, will burn if reduced to 0 life, etc.).
This vampire's blood represents his or her life while he or she is an
ally. Only usable on an action that doesn't cost blood or require a
vampire, clan or Discipline.

Hidden Lurker
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate
Only usable by a ready untapped vampire other than the acting minion.
Only usable after a combat between the acting minion you control and a
blocking minion.
[obf] Tap this vampire. This vampire enters combat with the blocking
minion. The first round of this new combat, the blocking minion cannot
strike.
[OBF] As above, with an optional press.

High Priest Angra Mainyu
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Baali
Group: 2
Capacity: 8
Discipline: dem ser OBF PRE DAI
Independent: While Angra is ready, your prey's hand size is 1 card
smaller. You may burn the Edge to give Angra +1 stealth on a non-bleed
action. Infernal.

Johannes Castelein
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Ventrue
Group: 4
Capacity: 9
Discipline: DEM DOM FOR PRE
Camarilla Prince of Amsterdam: If a political action card Johannes
plays or a referendum he calls is canceled, the Methuselah canceling
it burns 2 pool.

Justicar Retribution
Cardtype: Political Action
Requires a Camarilla vampire.
Successful referendum burns all vampires with a current bleed of 3 or
more.

Kerrie
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Melee weapon. Requires a Laibon.
Strength+1 damage each strike. Alternatively, inflict strength ranged
damage as a strike and, after strike resolution, turn this weapon face
down (out of play) until the end of the action.

Kine Resources Contested
Cardtype: Political Action
Allocate 4 points among two or more Methuselahs. Successful referendum
means each Methuselah burns 1 pool for each point assigned.

Leandro
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Group: 2
Capacity: 11
Discipline: cel dom AUS OBF PRE
Camarilla Inner Circle: During each other Methuselah's untap phase, if
Leandro is ready, that Methuselah chooses either to burn 1 pool or to
lose all transfers during his or her next influence phase. +2 bleed.

Left for Dead
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn.
Only usable when an ally would be burned in combat. Combat ends. Put
this card on that ally; that ally is not burned. Put 1 life on the
ally from the blood bank if he or she has no life. Tap the ally. This
ally does not untap as normal. If he or she enters combat, he or she
is burned. Burn this card during his or her next untap phase.

Legacy of Power
Cardtype: Reaction
Cost: 3 blood
Requires a ready prince, justicar or Inner Circle member.
Only usable when another vampire you control enters combat. Tap this
reacting vampire and end combat. Each of the vampires involved in that
combat goes to torpor
.
Legendary Vampire
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Unique master.
Put this card on a vampire with a capacity above 6 who was moved into
your ready region during your last influence phase. This vampire gets
+2 bleed and an additional 2 votes. Any vampire may call a referendum
to burn this card as a +1 stealth political action.

Life Boon
Cardtype: Master
Master: out-of-turn. ={Boon}=
Give pool to a Methuselah with no pool to keep him or her in the game;
put this card in play. During each of his or her untap phases, you can
collect 1 pool from that Methuselah. The first victory point that the
Methuselah wins is given to you (unless you are ousted by then). This
Life Boon is then burned.

Lutz von Hohenzollern
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Group: 4
Capacity: 11
Discipline: pot AUS DEM OBF PRE
Camarilla Malkavian Inner Circle: While Lutz is ready, your prey burns
a pool each time the referendum of a political action passes. +2
bleed.

Machine Blitz
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Thaumaturgy
[tha] Choose a weapon possessed by the opposing minion. Strike:
ranged; X damage, where X is the amount of damage -{the chosen weapon
would inflict as a strike}-.
[THA] As above, with +1R damage.

Marciana Giovanni, Investigator
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Giovanni
Group: 2
Capacity: 2
Discipline: dom
Independent: Bleed actions cost Marciana an additional blood. Tap
Marciana and choose a non-Sabbat vampire to allow that vampire to burn
1 blood to get +1 intercept {for the current action}.

Mariel, Lady Thunder
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Malkavian
Group: 1
Capacity: 7
Discipline: aus tha DOM OBF
Camarilla: Before range is chosen in a combat that does not involve
Mariel, she may tap to end that combat and inflict 1 unpreventable
damage on each combatant and any retainers they have after combat
ends.

Marked Path
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate
Only usable after a successful (D) action.
[obf] Put this card on the acting vampire. During a (D) action against
the same Methuselah (or same set of Methuselahs), this vampire may
burn this card to get +1 stealth.
[OBF] As above, but for +2 stealth.

Meddling of Semsith
Cardtype: Political Action
Choose another Methuselah. If this referendum is successful, put this
card in play. Your hand size is one card smaller. The chosen
Methuselah doesn't draw to replace cards during any Methuselah's
minion phase. After each minion phase, he or she draws back up to his
or her hand size. Any vampire may call a referendum to burn this card
as a +1 stealth political action.

Michael Luther
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Toreador
Group: 3
Capacity: 4
Discipline: aus pre
Camarilla: You may tap Michael during a referendum to change the votes
of a Camarilla vampire to votes of your choice. When Michael enters
combat, you may draw 1 card. Discard down to your hand size afterward.

Merrill Molitor
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Tremere
Group: 1
Capacity: 5
Discipline: aus dom THA
Camarilla: Once each combat, Merrill may change 1 aggravated damage
inflicted on him to normal damage.

Mouthpiece
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] +1 bleed. You cannot play another action modifier to increase
this bleed.
[DOM] Only usable by a ready vampire other than the acting minion. The
acting minion may play cards that require basic Dominate as a vampire
for the remainder of this action.

The New Inquisition
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a titled vampire goes to torpor.
Requires at least one other Gehenna card in play. During each
Methuselah's untap phase, he or she may choose a ready vampire
controlled by his or her prey. That vampire takes 1 unpreventable
damage. Any titled vampire may call a referendum to burn this card as
a +1 stealth political action.

Obedience
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Dominate
Only usable when this reacting vampire is about to enter combat with
an acting younger vampire.
[dom] Untap the acting vampire, do not tap this reacting vampire, and
end the current action (and combat). The acting vampire cannot attempt
the same action this turn.
[DOM] As above, but do not untap the acting vampire.

Olugbenga
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Assamite
Group: 4
Capacity: 7
Discipline: ani cel OBF QUI
Laibon magaji: When contesting a vampire, you may use the blood on
that vampire or on Olugbenga as pool to pay for the contest. Olugbenga
gets +1 intercept against bleed actions. (The blood curse does not
affect Olugbenga.)

Parity Shift
Cardtype: Political Action
{Requires a} prince or justicar.
Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate X of his
or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including
you), where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game. Successful
referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is
allocated as you announced.

Poison Pill
Cardtype: Reaction
Only usable during a referendum, before votes are cast.
If the referendum passes and the effect of the referendum causes you
to lose pool, the controller of the acting vampire loses the same
amount of pool (in addition to the effects of the referendum).

Potence [pot]
Cardtype: Master
Capacity: +1
Master: Discipline.
Put this card on a vampire. This vampire gains one level of Potence
[pot]. Capacity increases by 1: the vampire is one generation older.
Cannot be placed on a vampire with superior Potence.

Pentex(TM) Subversion
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Unique master.
Put this card on any ready minion. The minion with this card cannot
take actions and cannot block actions. This card may be burned by any
other minion as a (D) action.

Powerbase: Montreal
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location.
During your influence phase, you may move 1 blood from the blood bank
to a vampire in your uncontrolled region. Any vampire may steal this
location for his or her controller as a (D) action.

Psyche!
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Celerity
[cel] Press.
[CEL] Only usable at the end of combat when both combatants are still
ready. Begin another combat with the opposing minion.

Rabbat, The Sewer Goddess
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Nosferatu
Group: 4
Capacity: 7
Discipline: pot ANI FOR OBF
Independent. Red List: Rabbat may send a vampire to torpor or burn an
ally as a strike. If she hunts, you may move 1 of the blood she gains
to your pool. She cannot take (D) actions or block actions that aren't
directed at her or at a card on her.

The Rack
Cardtype: Master
Master: unique location.
When this card is played or the controller of this card changes, the
controller chooses a ready vampire he or she controls. During the
controller's untap phase, the chosen vampire gains 2 blood. A vampire
controlled by another Methuselah can steal this location for his or
her controller as a (D) action.

Repair the Undead Flesh
Cardtype: Action
Discipline: Fortitude
+3 stealth action.
[for] Put this card on this vampire. In combat, this vampire may heal
aggravated damage by burning 3 blood per point healed. Burn this card
if this vampire goes to torpor.
[FOR] As above, but burn only 2 blood per point.

Rowan Ring
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Unique melee weapon.
Strike: Send the opposing vampire to torpor. This card is transferred
to that vampire, and he or she doesn't untap as normal during the
untap phase as long as he or she remains in torpor.

Rumble
Cardtype: Action
Requires a Sabbat vampire.
(D) Enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah.
In that combat, your hand size is increased by one. If this acting
vampire is not ready at the end of the action, you burn 1 pool.

Saturday-Night Special
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 1 pool
Weapon, gun.
1R damage each strike, with an optional maneuver each combat.

Secure Haven
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: unique location. Haven.
Put this card on a minion you control. This minion cannot be -{the
target of other Methuselahs' actions}-. Any Methuselah burns an
additional pool when playing master cards on (or that target) this
minion. Burn this card if this minion enters torpor. A minion may have
only one haven.

Shackles of Enkidu
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: Gangrel
Cost: 2 pool
Unique equipment.
Before range is chosen in a round of combat, you may put the Shackles
on any minion opposing the vampire with this card; ={you still
controls this card, however}=. Combat ends. The Shackled minion does
not untap {as normal} during his or her untap phases; he or she burns
2 blood during each of your untap phases. Any minion may burn this
card as a (D) action.

Shock Troops
Cardtype: Master
Cost: X pool
{Master.} Requires a ready archbishop, cardinal {or regent}.
Put X Master: Discipline cards from your hand into play. These cards
represent clanless Sabbat vampires of 1 capacity with those respective
Disciplines and do not count as Master: Discipline cards while in
play. These vampires are not unique, must hunt the turn they are
created, have -1 stealth on all actions and cannot attempt bleeds or
political actions.

The Sleeping Mind
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dominate
Only usable when the action is announced.
[dom] Choose a tapped vampire. He or she cannot attempt to block this
action.
[DOM] Minions cannot untap during this action.

Soul Gem of Etrius
Cardtype: Equipment
Unique equipment.
If this vampire is burned, draw the top card from your crypt. If it is
younger, put the Soul Gem on him or her and move him or her to your
ready region with blood from the blood bank equal to his or her
capacity; otherwise, move that card to your uncontrolled region (and
burn the Soul Gem). If bearer is diablerized, the diablerizing vampire
cannot take the Soul Gem.

Sniper Rifle
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Weapon, gun.
2R damage each strike. Only usable at long range. If the bearer blocks
an action, he or she may, before range is determined, set the range
for the first round of the resulting combat to long; if he or she does
so, skip the determine range step that round, and the bearer's initial
strike that round must be with this weapon.

Spell of Life
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Follower of Set
+1 stealth action.
Put this card in play. Only one Spell of Life may be played each turn.
You may burn five Spells of Life to put up to five vampires from your
uncontrolled region in play. Each represents a unique mummy ally with
life equal to capacity, 1 bleed and 2 strength who can enter combat
with a minion as a (D) action.

Starshell Grenade Launcher
Cardtype: Equipment
Cost: 2 pool
Weapon.
1R aggravated damage each strike, only usable once per combat, and
only usable at long range. The minion with this equipment may tap to
give an acting minion -1 stealth for the current action.

Steely Tenacity
Cardtype: Action / Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism/Dominate/Quietus
Requires an anarch. Do not replace until the end of this action. When
you would replace this card, you may take this card from your ash heap
instead.
[ani] [COMBAT] Strike: hand strike or use a melee weapon strike. This
strike is at +1 damage, with an optional press.
[dom] [ACTION] (D) Bleed at +1 bleed.
[qui] [ACTION] +1 stealth action. (D) Enter combat with a ready
minion.

Storage Annex
Cardtype: Master
Master: location.
Put a card from your hand face down (out of play) on this card when
you play it. You may look at the card at any time. During your master
phase, you may exchange a card in your hand for the card on this
Storage Annex.

Sword of Judgment
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: Brujah antitribu
Cost: 2 pool
Unique melee weapon.
Strength+1 damage each strike, with an optional additional strike each
round. Only usable by Brujah antitribu.

Sword of Nuln
Cardtype: Equipment
Clan: Tremere
Cost: 1 pool
Unique melee weapon.
Strike: strength damage. Vampires must spend twice the normal amount
of blood to heal the damage from this weapon's strikes.

Sword of the Righteous
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Valeren/Animalism
Only usable before range is determined.
[ani] Choose one of this vampire's melee weapons. For the remainder of
combat, this vampire inflicts +1 damage each strike with that weapon.
A vampire can play only one Sword of the Righteous each combat.
[val] As [ani] above, and the damage this vampire inflicts with the
weapon is aggravated.
[VAL] As [val] above, and this vampire may prevent 1 damage this
round.

Taste of Vitae
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable at the end of a round of combat. Not usable by a vampire
being burned or going to torpor.
This vampire gains an amount of blood equal to the amount lost by the
opposing vampire to damage during this round. A vampire may play only
one Taste of Vitae each round.

Target Vitals
Cardtype: Combat
Aim. Play when choosing a strike.
If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the
opposing minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this
strike, and he or she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may
discard two combat cards [COMBAT] to cancel this card. A minion may
play only one aim each strike.

Telepathic Counter
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] Reduce a bleed against you by 1.
[AUS] Reduce a bleed against you by 2.

Terror Frenzy
Cardtype: Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Animalism
Frenzy.
[ani] Only usable before range is determined on the first round.
During this combat, the opposing minion cannot use maneuvers to
maneuver to close range, cannot use presses to continue combat and
cannot use equipment.
[ANI] Only usable before range is determined. {Combat cards cost the
opposing vampire} an additional blood this combat. A vampire may play
only one Terror Frenzy at superior each combat.

Trap
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable before range is determined on the first round of combat.
During the press step, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in
the current round or during the two previous rounds, the Trap
automatically provides a press to continue (either combatant can press
to end).

Trochomancy
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Auspex & Necromancy
[nec] Remove 13 cards in the target Methuselah's ash heap from the
game to get +1 bleed. Not usable if there aren't enough cards in that
ash heap. You cannot play another action modifier to increase this
bleed.
[aus][nec] As [nec] above, but remove only 7 cards.
[AUS][NEC] As [aus][nec] above, but for +2 bleed.

Undead Persistence
Cardtype: Combat
Discipline: Fortitude
[for] Only usable when this vampire should go into torpor. This
vampire gets an optional press and will not go to torpor until combat
ends (although he or she is still considered wounded and can be burned
as normal). If three rounds of combat pass with no cards played,
combat ends. This vampire is sent into torpor after combat.
[FOR] Prevent 2 damage.

Veil of Darkness
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Each turn, when a vampire plays his or her first card that turn that
requires any Disciplines, that vampire's controller reveals the top
card of his or her library (before drawing to replace). If it is a
master card, the original card has no effect (no cost is paid), and in
addition, if the original card required Obtenebration [obt], the
vampire burns 2 blood.

Wake with Evening's Freshness
Cardtype: Reaction
Do not replace until your next untap phase.
Only usable by a tapped vampire. This reacting vampire can play
reaction cards and attempt to block as though untapped until the
current action is concluded.

Walker Grimes
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Caitiff
Group: 5
Capacity: 1
Discipline: ani
Camarilla: Master cards that target Walker cost you an additional
pool.

Winged Second
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Flight
[FLIGHT] Only usable when another minion you control enters combat
with a minion without flight. Tap this minion. In that combat, this
minion may make a hand or melee weapon strike (with or without a
strike card) on the opposing minion during normal strike resolution
(as if at close range). Dodge will avoid this strike, and damage
prevention effects can treat this as a strike from an opposing minion.
This minion may be the target of effects that inflict damage or steal
blood as a retainer could be.

LSJ

May 26, 2010, 10:50:30 PM5/26/10
On May 26, 7:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All cardtexts are pasted at the end of this message.

Thanks. Probably better to put them near there contexts. But any
quoted text is better than none.

> I tried searching for these questions via the GoogleGroups, but I
> couldn't find an answer (even though I'm sure I read some of those
> around here).
>
> * Brother's Blood
> - Can it be played even when there is currently no damage to heal /
> prevent destruction from?

Yes.

> - Suppose my Blood Brother gets hit by a Saturday Night Special +
> Dragon's Breath Rounds, can BB allow me to heal once *and* prevent
> destruction once?

Yes. Card text.

> * Delaying Tactics
> Can it be played on a referendum called by Bujo?

Yes.

> If yes, what happens?
> (I'm pretty sure I already read that one from the NG, the answers
> being "yes" and "the political action card isn't moved from the ash
> heap to the hand", but I can't find it...)

Correct.
There is no PA card played, so there's no effect trying to move the
card.

> * Death Pact
> The damage can only be changed if the vampire with the retainer is in
> combat, right?

? Right. "Once each combat"

> * Enticement
> Suppose my Angra Mainyu burns the edge for stealth on an Enticement
> action causing it to fizzle, can I still bleed this turn?

No.

> * Ex Nihilo
> My vampire has Ex Nihilo and "treats aggravated damage as normal" (ex:
> Concordance).
> He is struck by an Ivory Bow. Does he burn blood counters?
> I suppose so. Indeed, he has to handle 1 agg damage. Treating it as
> normal doesn't change the nature of the damage (which Merrill's
> cardtext would do) but rather have my vampire burn 1 blood to heal 1
> agg.

No.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/9dfdbba86cacc830

> * FBI Special Affairs Division
> Suppose my Escaped Mental Patient blocks an action.
> The acting vampire's strike is a handstrike for 0 damage (let's say he
> has 0 str).
> EMP's strike is to inflict strength+1 agg damage, from special
> ability.
> Does the acting vampire take 2 damage from FBI ?

Yes, it is in combat.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/a3fb69badc08dbdf

> * Final Loosening
> Suppose Festivo dello Estinto is in play. A Sabbat vampire hunts.
> Someone plays Final Loosening. Does the Sabbat vampire gain 1 blood,
> or does he gain enough to reach full capacity?

? 1. (Card text)

> * Ghoul Retainer
> Suppose B with Ghoul Retainer and Sniper Rifle blocks A.
> B sets the range to long with the Sniper. A plays Drawing out the
> Beast.
> Can the Sniper Rifle be used by the Ghoul Retainer on the initial
> strike of the first round?

No.

> * Hidden Lurker
> Is this ruling still valid:  http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d823...

> That is, can Hidden Lurker still be played when the blocking vampire
> is in / going to torpor?

Sure. Card text.

> * Justicar Retribution
> Justicar Retribution is played.
> Does Arika with a Pentex Subversion burn?

Yes.

> Does Rabbat with a Legendary Vampire burn?

Yes.

It would also burn a 3+ bleeder who has a Minor Boon from xer prey.

> * Leandro
> Leandro is in play.
> Can I play Govern the Unaligned at superior, use the Powerbase
> Montreal, .. if I decided to receive no transfers during my untap
> phase?
>  Answer should be yes.

It cannot be otherwise.

Similarly, if you decide to receive no transfers, you can still use
the Arcane Library, restore a Descent into Darkness'ed vampire, steal
a vampire with Grand Temple of Set, and so on.

> * Left for Dead
> Suppose my Kyasid plays the Grandest Trick, and would be burned in
> combat.
> Can Left for Dead be played on it? If it can, does the minion become a

Yes. (card text)

> Kyasid after the action? Will its life counter become a blood counter?

Yes. Yes, all xer life counters return to blood counters after the
action.

> * Legacy of Power
> Suppose Michael Luther is rushed.
> Can a justicar / inner circle controlled by his controller play Wake
> (drawn from entering combat with Michael) + Legacy of Power?

Yes.

> * Life Boon
> - A plays Parity Shift and takes 5 pool from B (who has 5 pool), and
> gives 5 to C (who has 1 pool). Can C play Life Boon for 2 pool on B?

Yes.

> - Suppose A has played Gambit Accepted. D then plays Life Boon on A.
> And then, the game ends  as time-limit is reached. What are the
> results? (A-> B -> C -> D -> E)

Do you really need 5 players in this example?

Looks like B was ousted (since A played Gambit Accepted), barring
earlier Life Boons, so B has 0.
A has 1 (recouped from his GA).
The rest have 0.5 (for reaching time).

> * Machine Blitz
> What is the amount of damage a Kerrie would inflict as a strike ?

Card text: strength+1

> * Marcianna Giovanni
> - Marcianna attempts to block, but lacks intercept. Can she tap
> herself to grant herself the possibility to burn 1 blood to gain 1
> intercept?
> I guess she can.

Yes.

> - Can she then play a Wake-like and burn 1 blood to gain 1 intercept?

If she attempts to block, she may gain intercept, of course.

> * Mariel, Lady Thunder
> - FBI is in play. An ally with 1 life blocks a vampire. Mariel's
> special is activated, burning the ally. Does the acting vampire suffer
> 2 damage from FBI?

?
No. (card text)

> * Marked Path
> A plays Marked Path on an action which targets cards controlled by A
> and B.
> Can A burn the Marked Path when performing a (D) action which
> target[s] is[are] only controlled by B?

Yes. So long as all the same (D) Methuselahs are there, it doesn't
matter if A is in the set or not.

> * Meddling of the Semsith
> Suppose I play Steely Tenacity with Meddling of the Semsith targetting
> me.Can I edraw my Steely Tenacity from my ash heap after the end of my
> minion phase?

"when you would replace it", yes. (Card text)

> * Merrill Mollitor
> Suppose Merril's opposing minion strikes with the Ivory Bow + Target
> Vitals. Can Merrill change the nature of the damage before the
> prevention step?

No. It has to be inflicted on him (i.e., unprevented).
He would change it before handling it, of course.

> If not (or if Merrill's controller decides to do things in another
> way), can Merrill change the nature of the 1Agg after is it
> successfully inflicted and before it is resolved?

Of course. It could not be otherwise.

> In that case would the 2additional damage from Target Vitals be
> aggravated?

Yes. They're "from the strike".

> * Mouthpiece
> Can I play Mouthpiece to play Govern the Unaligned?
> Answer should be no.

"No" is inescapable, correct.

> * New Inquisition
> Is the pool loss from Fame handled before, after, or in the same
> window New Inquisition gets replaced ? (would only matter for Extremis
> Boon..)

After.
Draw to match hand size "immediately"

> * Olugbenga
> - My prey has an Amaravati Mummy. I influence out Amaravati.
> Can I use counters from Olugbenga to pay for the contest?
> Should be yes.

?
Card text, indeed.

> - I control an Amaravati Mummy. My prey influences out Amaravati.
>  Can I use blood counters on Olugbenga to pay for the contest?

No. You are contesting a mummy. The other Meth is contesting a
vampire.

> * Parity Shift
> 5 players remaining.
> A (1 pool) plays Parity Shift and targets B (3 pool). A splits the
> share this way: D gets 1, E gets 4.
> - How much do D and E get if the referendum is successful ?

As A designates.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/e66c838a75ddf68f

> - B plays Direct Intervention on Bewitching Oration (going down to 2
> pool). Who of D or E (if any) gets 1 less if the referendum is
> successful?

Same.

> Can C play Life Boon on B, and give him only 1 pool, when the
> referendum is successful?

If card text allows it.

> * Poison Pill
> Lutz calls a Kine Resources Contested, assigns 3 to his prey and 1 to
> his predator, and his prey plays Poison Pill. If the vote passes, how
> much pool does Lutz' controller burns?
> It should be 3.

Card text.

> * Psyche!
> A plays Terror Frenzy.
> Combat ends. B plays Psyche!. What is the cost of that Psyche! ?

0 (card text)

> * Shackles of Enkidu
> Are they still an equipment when they are activated ? (Matters for
> Can't Take it with You, for instance).

They're always equipment.

> * Sleeping Mind
> Can it be played at superior on an Exile inferior action?
> I suppose so. The acting minion won't untap, if the action is
> successful.

Card text, yes.

> * Soul Gem of Etrius
> If Beast is revealed, is he moved in the ready region?

If younger.

> Does he receive blood?

Yes.

The burning vampire "uses" the Gem.

> * Spell of Life
> - Suppose two Shock Troops Potence were banished. Can I make allies of
> them with a 5th Spell of Life, or would they contest each other?

Contest.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/0e9dbde272503272

> - Same question if they were Potence and Quietus Shock Troops.

OK.

> * Storage Annex
> Can it be played when it's the only card in your hand ?

No.

> * Sword of Judgment
> A and B (both !Brujah) are in combat.
> A has the Sword of Judgment.
> A's strike is to use the Sword. (strike: strength +1 damage, from the
> melee weapon)
> B's is to steal the Sword.
> - Does A still have an additional strike?

No.

> - Dose B get an additional strike?

No. Stolen equipment can't be used that round.

> - Suppose A's strike is a hand strike. A then gets the additional
> strike from the Sword. B plays superior Blur. A's additional strike is
> a hand strike, B's is to steal the Sword. Can B strike with the Sword
> as his second additional strike? ( = does it count as "using" the

No.

> Sword to gain 1 additional strike from it ?)

?
Of course.

It also counts as "using" it to strike with it, so B's doubly out of
luck there.

And B can't gain 1 additional strike from it anyhow, since B's already
played Blur.

Three strikes.

> * Sword of Nuln
> Suppose the Sword of Nuln inflicts 2 agg damage (with Sword of the
> Righteous). The opposing vampire has a Repair the undead flesh. In
> order to heal all the damage from the Sword, must he burn 8 blood?
> I guess so.

Card text; no need to guess.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c1c0fda475318225

> * Trap
> A and B are in combat. A plays Trap. No other combat card is played.
> If a Taste of Vitae is played on round 4, does the Trap retroactively
> award a press to continue?
> The answer should be no (or even "cardtext").

Correct.

> * Trochomancy
> Do I have to say which 7/13 cards I want to remove from the game as I
> play it?
> I'm pretty sure I must.

Right. Fully announce...

> * Undead Persistence
> - Suppose I play Rumble, and, in the resulting combat, Undead
> persistence.
> Do I burn 1 pool at the end of combat?

At the end of the action. Card text.

> - I enter combat with another vampire. I play Undead Persistence.
> Combat ends, I play Psyche!.
> Isn't my vampire wounded when the opposing could play Obedience (and

> therefore, the new combat can't start) ? (this is abouthttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bcc9...
> )

Yes.

> * Veil of Darkness
> If Johannes Castelein plays Fanfare for Elysium, and Veil of Darkness
> cancells it (a Master card is revealed), does the controller of Veil
> of Darkness burn 2 pool?

What does Fanfare have to do with it?

No. The controlled of Veil didn't cancel the PA card.

> * Walker Grimes
> If I play a Rack and choose Walker Grimes, does the Rack cost 1
> additional pool?
> The answer should be yes, per similarity with Secure Haven.

Card text.

> * Winged Second
> Can it make a strike once per round in each round? Only during the
> first round?

"In that combat, ... during normal strike resolution"

librarian

May 27, 2010, 1:46:31 AM5/27/10
floppyzedolfin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> All cardtexts are pasted at the end of this message.
> I tried searching for these questions via the GoogleGroups, but I
> couldn't find an answer (even though I'm sure I read some of those
> around here).

F'in A floppy. How do you come up with these questions? Are you reading
the card texts in book form? (I used to do that, up through like Final
Nights I think).

best -

chris

floppyzedolfin

May 27, 2010, 3:31:39 AM5/27/10

Some are taken from game situations, some others result from the
rather philosophical "Wait.. isn't there an effect I could squeeze in
that window?" question.
Some are just for clarification (See how Brother's Blood and Blood
Doll use different meanings for "or" ?).

Some are generated by curiosity (and, from time to time, see how
rulings can be compared one to another).

floppyzedolfin

May 27, 2010, 4:22:28 AM5/27/10
On May 27, 9:31 am, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> (See how Brother's Blood and Blood
> Doll use different meanings for "or" ?).

Well, not Blood Doll, but you get the point.

LSJ

Jun 4, 2010, 10:35:27 AM6/4/10
> On June 04, floppyzedolfin wrote:

> > On May 26, 10:50 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > > On May 26, 7:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > * Life Boon

> > > - Suppose A has played Gambit Accepted. D then plays Life Boon on A.
> > > And then, the game ends as time-limit is reached. What are the
> > > results? (A-> B -> C -> D -> E)

> > Do you really need 5 players in this example?
> > Looks like B was ousted (since A played Gambit Accepted), barring
> > earlier Life Boons, so B has 0.
> > A has 1 (recouped from his GA).
> > The rest have 0.5 (for reaching time).

> A ousts B. A gains 1 VP.
> A plays Gambit Accepted (A's VP will be awarded back, at the end of the game)
> Then, A's predator ousts A, but someone-who's-not-A's-predator (I used D in my 5-player example) plays Life Boon.

> Now, we know Life Boon awards half-VPs from timelimit :
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/c5060eba4e347f81
> I think the player who played the Life Boon should get at least 0.5 from A. My question was whether she would
> get 0.5 or 1 (or "does Gambit Accepted award its VP before or after the time-limit VPs are awarded?").

When time is called:

Without Life Boon, A gets 1.5 more VPs (1 from GA, 0.5 for standing at
time).
One of those goes to D, thanks to LB.

A gets 0.5.
D gets 1 (from A from LB) and 0.5 for standing at time: total 1.5

LSJ

Jun 4, 2010, 10:47:04 AM6/4/10
On June 4, floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On May 26, 10:50 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > * Marcianna Giovanni
> > > - Marcianna attempts to block, but lacks intercept. Can she tap
> > > herself to grant herself the possibility to burn 1 blood to gain 1
> > > intercept?
> > > I guess she can.
> >
> > Yes.
> >
> > > - Can she then play a Wake-like and burn 1 blood to gain 1 intercept?
> >
> > If she attempts to block, she may gain intercept, of course.
>
> Well, the point here is that she is tapped. Can she still attempt to
> block (without wakes) when tapped?
> I guess not.

You have to be untapped to block. [6.2.2.1]

> The way I read Marcianna's cardtext is that it awards an "instantaneous"
> possibility to burn 1 blood to get +1 intercept, rather than awarding a
> lingering usable bonus. If I am correct, I think she becomes uneligible to
> gain intercept as soon as she is tapped, thwarting herself of the bonus
> she awards (which would make it a pretty bad move to tap her using her
> special on herself)

Apparently it works more like the Rumor Mill:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/b7dc94e3bfe3813e

LSJ

Jun 4, 2010, 11:01:37 AM6/4/10
On June 4, floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On May 26, 10:50 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > * Undead Persistence

> > > - I enter combat with another vampire. I play Undead Persistence.
> > > Combat ends, I play Psyche!.
> > > Isn't my vampire wounded when the opposing could play Obedience (and
> > > therefore, the new combat can't start) ? (this is abouthttp://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bcc9...
> > > )
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Pending question: Does the wounded vampire go to torpor as soon as the
> combat is over (well, as soon as Undead Persistence tells him to do so) ?

He goes when card text says he goes, yes.

"This vampire is sent into torpor after combat."

But Psyche! (being a combat card) manages to squeeze in ahead and
start a new combat (Psyche! resolves when played).

Your vampire is wounded but still ready.

> Or is it that Psyche!'s new combat cancels anything that would happen
> "after combat" (usually applies to Strike: Combat ends and do magic)?

There's no "end combat and do magic" effect lying around to be
canceled in your example.

> The given link says the new combat does start (matters for Michael Luther
> and that sort of stuff). Is it still valid ?

Yes.

LSJ

Jun 4, 2010, 11:05:55 AM6/4/10
On June 4, floppyzedolfin wrote:
> On May 26, 10:50 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> > On May 26, 7:23 pm, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > * Hidden Lurker
> > > Is this ruling still valid: http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d823...
> > > That is, can Hidden Lurker still be played when the blocking vampire
> > > is in / going to torpor?
> >
> > Sure. Card text.
> >
> How is it that Blissful Agony - which also doesn't read "ready" - can't be
> played targetting a vampire in torpor?
> ( http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/14c9d37049021f98 )

My mistake.

Neither can be used to enter combat with a non-ready minion.

floppyzedolfin

Jun 4, 2010, 1:41:35 PM6/4/10
Thanks for the answers !

floppyzedolfin

Jun 11, 2010, 3:24:07 AM6/11/10
> Apparently it works more like the Rumor Mill:http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/b7dc...

This link says it works like Business Pressure:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/742cfd6ca22c8c4a

Which one should we follow?

LSJ

Jun 11, 2010, 6:50:00 AM6/11/10