Gangrel Newsletter - October 2000

hamd...@my-deja.com

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Contents –
Section 1.0 – Welcome
Section 1.1 – Vampire of the month
Section 1.2 – Card of the Month
Section 1.3 – Deck of the Month
Section 1.4 – Conclusion

Section 1.0

WELCOME

Come, brother, sit by my fire and listen to our tales of old. We are
Gangrel and we are the beast.

Welcome to the first Gangrel newsletter, my favourite clan. The Gangrel
are one of the best clans in VTES. Why? Well, here are several reasons…

First, the Gangrel have the biggest crypt! 24 vampires to be exact –
only matched by the Toreadors.

Second, their "choice" of disciplines: they have Protean (which does
agg damage by the ton and is also great for stealth), Fortitude (to
prevent nasty blemishes) and Animalism (great for combat and very
useful for intercept through allies and their own “anti-bleed wakeups” –
Rats Warning and Guard Dogs).

Third, they look real pretty! Despite living out in the wild and
sulking a lot, there are loads of babes in the Gangrel crypt! Raven,
Iliana, Katarina, Anastasia Grey - all that fresh air must be good for
the complexion! It would be almost a pleasure to get bled by them!

Which brings me to the Vampire of the month…

Section 1.1

VAMPIRE OF THE MONTH

Iliana

Set: Ancient Hearts
Clan: Gangrel
Capacity: 7
Title:
Ability: Contracts cannot be played on Iliana
Superior Dominate
Superior Fortitude
Superior Protean
Inferior Thaumaturgy

Why Iliana? Well, apart from her obvious visual appeal (see above), she
is a little “different” – no animalism, but superior dominate! Makes
her great for power bleeding, and with Protean, she gets all the
benefit of stealth and a bit of S:CE from Earth Meld… plus great
bluffing potential (“wanna run into some Wolf Claws? I didn’t think
so!”). Also a little bit of Thaumaturgy is great – how about a Dawn
Op / Weather Control / Skin of Night combo? Very scary (even though not
strictly in keeping with the Gangrel way of things).

Section 1.2

CARD OF THE MONTH

Song of Serenity
Set: Sabbat
Rarity: Common
Type: Combat
Prerequisite: animalism
Card Text:
Only usable before range is chosen. Opposing minion gets -1 hand damage
for the first round of combat. A vampire can only play one Song of
Serenity each combat.
SUP: As above, but for the duration of combat.

A great card, truly in keeping with the Gangrel spirit of things – lets
get up close and personal and hack things to shreds! The superior gives
just an extra level of comfort in combat before you have to use all
your valuable damage prevention cards, and it works great with a Trap
or Undead Persistence.

Section 1.3

Keeping in mind the lovely ladies of the Gangrel and the card of the
month being a SONG of serenity, this leads me nicely into this months…

DECK OF THE MONTH

It’s a concept deck – based around the Spice Girls! (*shakes head* oh
dear…).

They’ve got GIRL POWER! They know how to PARTY and they’ve got some
REALLY NASTY COMBAT SONGS. You don’t WANNABE in their way (*shakes
head* oh dear oh dear).

Slice Up Your Life!

Crypt: (12 cards) [Min: 11, Max: 32, Avg: 5.17]
2 Anastasia Grey (Gangrel, 3, an pt) - Baby Spice!
2 Iliana (Gangrel, 7, DO FO PT th) – Scary Spice!
2 Katarina (Gangrel, 9, AN FO po pt, Prince) – Posh
Spice!(Coz she’s a Prince!)
2 Raven (Gangrel, 5, an FO PT) – Sporty Spice!

And the stupid dancers…

1 Ricki Van Demsi (Gangrel, 3, fo pt)
1 Roman Alexander (Gangrel, 4, an fo pt)
1 Bear Paw (Gangrel, 5, AN fo pr pt)
1 Giuliano Vincenzi (Gangrel, 2, fo)

Library: (90 cards)
Master (18)
2 Animalism
1 Ascen–DANCE – (*groan*)
1 Barrens, The
3 Blood Doll
1 Depravity
1 Evening Star Newspaper – The British press loves these girls – GRRRRL
Power!
1 Gangrel Revel – These girls know how to PARTY!
1 Giant's Blood
1 KRCG News Radio – Blanket media coverage
1 Minion Tap
1 The rumor mill, tabloid newspaper – Never out of the news, eh!
1 Short-Term Investment
2 Sudden Reversal
1 Zoo Hunting Ground

Minion (72)
2 Ablative Skin
2 Ambush
1 Arson
4 Bum's Rush - Suprisingly I am not going to insert a comment about
fast moving posteriors in relation to these lovely girls.
2 Cats' Guidance
3 Computer Hacking
2 Earth Control
2 Earth Meld
1 Force of Will
4 Freak Drive
1 Guard Dogs
2 Immortal Grapple
1 Incriminating Videotape – They were young, "they needed the money!"
2 Laptop Computer
2 Movement of the Slow Body - Another R and B tinged ballad!
2 Rapid Change - That's their image consultant for you!
1 Rat's Warning
5 Restoration
1 Ritual Challenge
2 Shadow of the Beast
2 Skin of Rock
4 Skin of Steel
2 Song in the Dark – singing that does 2 aggravated damage – fits
perfectly, eh!
4 Song of Serenity – More singing, just as annoying!
1 Sport Bike - For Sporty, naturally
1 Tasha Morgan – Their greatest fan!
2 Tier of Souls
2 Torn Signpost
2 Trap
2 Undead Persistence
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
4 Wolf Claws

Simple Concept – Attack your prey, and either sing them to death (oh,
how true!) or just slash them with claws! There are a few “concept
cards” in there (Song of Serenity, Incriminating Videotape, Evening
Star Newspaper) making this a silly concept deck that is fun to play.

If you think I’ve missed any themed cards, get in touch! If you think
you can do better / worse (let’s face it, not much of a challenge) also
get in touch!

Section 1.4

CONCLUSION

Well I enjoyed that, and I hope you all did too.

Any comments or ideas, feel free to post, or mail to me at
dave...@hotmail.com. Any abuse, mail to ghoulsbe...@hotmail.com.

See y’all

David Hammond
UGPOW

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

guntherbl

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Cool Newsletter and funny deck!
Keep up the good work. Gangrel rule!

Gunther bl

stubby

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

>Any comments or ideas, feel free to post, or mail to me at
>dave...@hotmail.com. Any abuse, mail to ghoulsbe...@hotmail.com.
>
>See y’all
>
>David Hammond
>UGPOW

nice to see you doing something useful for a change :)

regards

anam

hamd...@my-deja.com

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
In article <39ca4096...@nntp.netcomuk.co.uk>,

vt...@netcomuk.co.uk (stubby) wrote:

> >Any comments or ideas, feel free to post, or mail to me at
> >dave...@hotmail.com. Any abuse, mail to
ghoulsbe...@hotmail.com.

> >See y’all
> >
> >David Hammond
> >UGPOW
>
> nice to see you doing something useful for a change :)
>
> regards
>
> anam

Well, I thought I should do my bit for the community.

Mind you, _useful_ is such a strong word - you did see the deck...

;)

stubby

Sep 22, 2000, 1:57:21 AM9/22/00
gee thanks...

now i definitly feel like a care in the community case :)

anyway, will sent that stuff this weekend. see you guys in a few
weeks.

anam