Board Game Geek Deck Tweak Challenge

The Lasombra

Aug 13, 2010, 11:42:26 PM8/13/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of which), how would
you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?

I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
decks.

----------------

How would you respond?

The Lasombra

Aug 14, 2010, 12:40:52 AM8/14/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of each), how would

you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?

I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
decks.

----------------

These are the cards you would have to build from.

----------------

Crypt [96 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 10 average: 6.39583
2x Ayelea, The Manipulator 10 AUS DOM OBT THA pre cardinal !Tremere:2
2x Cailean 10 ANI OBF POT PRE dom archbishop !Nosferatu:2
2x Hannibal 10 AUS DEM OBF cel dom cardinal !Malkavian:2
2x Matteus, Flesh Sculptor 10 AUS CEL PRE VIC priscus !Toreador:2
2x Yong-Sun, Harmonis 10 ANI OBF POT THA aus cardinal !Nosferatu:2
2x Aristotle de Laurent 9 AUS DEM OBF PRE pot !Malkavian:3
2x Donatien 9 AUS PRE cel pot cardinal !Toreador:2
2x Imogen 9 AUS DEM obf pro vic archbishop !Malkavian:2
2x Calebos 8 ANI OBF POT cel bishop !Nosferatu:2
2x Ian Forestal 8 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:2
2x Kij Dansky 8 AUS DOM THA obt priscus !Tremere:2
2x Lachlan, Noddist 8 AUS CEL PRE dom archbishop !Toreador:2
2x Miller Delmardigan 8 CEL PRE aus pro bishop !Toreador:2
2x Venere Carboni 8 AUS CEL PRE ani priscus !Toreador:3
2x Virgil 8 AUS DEM OBF cel bishop !Malkavian:2
2x Beast, The Leather 7 OBF POT ani cel !Nosferatu:2
2x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
2x Greta Kircher 7 AUS CEL PRE obf !Toreador:2
2x Jessica 7 AUS CEL OBT PRE bishop !Toreador:2
2x Jessica Adv 8 AUS CEL OBT PRE bishop !Toreador:2
2x Kendrick 7 ANI POT aus obf priscus !Nosferatu:2
2x Kite 7 AUS DEM obf pre bishop !Malkavian:2
2x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF ani priscus !Malkavian:2
2x Teresita, The Godmother 7 ANI OBF POT for !Nosferatu:3
2x Terrell Harding 7 AUS THA cel dom obf !Tremere:3
2x Artemis 6 DEM OBF aus cel for !Malkavian:2
2x Christanius Lionel 6 ANI OBF pot !Nosferatu:2
2x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
2x Ian Wallingford 6 CEL PRE aus bishop !Toreador:2
2x Ingram Frizer 6 AUS OBF ani pot !Nosferatu:3
2x Jost Werner 6 AUS PRE ani !Toreador:2
2x Reverend Blackwood 6 DOM THA obf bishop !Tremere:2
2x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3
2x Colonel, The 5 AUS cel dem obf !Malkavian:3
2x General Perfidio Dios 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
2x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
2x Olivia 5 OBF POT vic bishop !Nosferatu:2
2x Josef 4 ani obf obt !Nosferatu:2
2x Roger Farnsworth 4 OBF aus !Malkavian:3
2x Sabrina 4 aus cel pre !Toreador:3
2x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
2x Tock 4 obf pot pre !Nosferatu:3
2x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
2x Ember Wright 3 aus dom !Tremere:3
2x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2
2x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2
2x Dani 2 ani !Nosferatu:2
2x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2

Library [616 cards]
Action [96]
10x Ambush
2x Art Scam
2x Blood Feast
8x Blooding
2x Brick Laying
10x Cryptic Mission
2x Far Mastery
8x Harass
6x Haunting, The
10x Kindred Spirits
4x Legal Manipulations
2x Memory's Fading Glimpse
2x Patronage
4x Propaganda
2x Recure of the Homeland
4x Revelations
8x Scouting Mission
4x Slaughtering the Herd
2x War Party
4x Zillah's Tears

Action Modifier [82]
6x Bewitching Oration
8x Bonding
2x Circumspect Revelation
8x Cloak the Gathering
4x Elder Impersonation
8x Eyes of Chaos
16x Faceless Night
4x Forgotten Labyrinth
8x Lost in Crowds
4x Seduction
8x Stealth Ritus
2x Telepathic Vote Counting
4x Under the Skin

Action Modifier/Combat [10]
2x Deny
8x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [2]
2x Random Patterns

Ally [12]
2x Courier
4x Escaped Mental Patient
4x Marijava Thuggee
2x Succubus

Combat [132]
8x Acrobatics
4x Amaranth
8x Apportation
4x Aura Reading
4x Behind You!
4x Blood Fury
8x Blur
4x Burst of Sunlight
6x Carrion Crows
6x Coma
8x Concealed Weapon
2x Disarm
6x Drawing Out the Beast
4x Eldritch Glimmer
4x Increased Strength
4x Mighty Grapple
6x Sideslip
2x Song in the Dark
4x Song of Serenity
4x Taste of Vitae
10x Theft of Vitae
6x Thrown Gate
8x Thrown Sewer Lid
4x Walk of Flame
4x Weather Control

Equipment [28]
4x IR Goggles
2x Laptop Computer
2x Leather Jacket
6x Meat Cleaver
4x Meat Hook
4x Poker
6x Wooden Stake

Master [70]
12x Blood Doll
2x Communal Haven: Temple
2x Creep Show
4x Dominion
4x Fame
2x Fetish Club Hunting Ground
2x Guru
2x Infernal Pact
2x Institution Hunting Ground
4x Malkavian Game
2x Nosferatu Kingdom
2x Palla Grande
2x Powerbase: Madrid
4x Rotschreck
4x Shakar
2x Shanty Town Hunting Ground
4x Short-Term Investment
4x Sociopath
2x Steam Tunnels
2x University Hunting Ground
2x Vox Senis
4x Zillah's Valley

Political Action [46]
2x Camarilla Threat
8x Consanguineous Boon
2x Crusade: Chicago
2x Crusade: Miami
2x Deploy the Hand
2x Disputed Territory
2x Dramatic Upheaval
2x Hand Intervention
10x Kine Resources Contested
4x Sabbat Priest
10x Templar

Reaction [130]
2x Babble
2x Cardinal Sin: Insubordination
6x Cats' Guidance
8x Deflection
4x Dread Gaze
6x Eagle's Sight
16x Enhanced Senses
4x Fast Reaction
14x Forced Awakening
10x Guard Dogs
4x Pack Tactics
4x Precognition
4x Quicken Sight
16x Spirit's Touch
8x Telepathic Counter
14x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Treachery
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [8]
2x Owl Companion
6x Raven Spy

Wedge

Aug 14, 2010, 1:01:01 AM8/14/10
On Aug 13, 8:42 pm, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/str...

> If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of which), how would
> you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?
>
> I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
> they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
> decks.
>
> ----------------
>
> How would you respond?

100% clan
or
75% clan
or
4 balanced decks
?

XZealot

Aug 14, 2010, 8:04:12 AM8/14/10

I would try to build the best decks by building the best decks
starting with the weakest , !Toreador, then building !Nosferatu, then
building !Tremere, then building the !Malk. It should be relatively
self-balancing.

XZealot

Aug 14, 2010, 8:06:05 AM8/14/10
> If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of each), how would
> you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?
>
> I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
> they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
> decks.

What if you and 3 other friends did a starter draft where you
simultaneously build 4 separate decks?

The Lasombra

Aug 14, 2010, 9:41:18 AM8/14/10
On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 05:06:05 -0700 (PDT), XZealot wrote:

>> http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/str...

>> If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of each), how would
>> you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?

>> I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
>> they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
>> decks.

>What if you and 3 other friends did a starter draft where you
>simultaneously build 4 separate decks?

The player posting the challenge and his friends are new to the game.
They don't know what would be good to draft.

At most, they will only use 360 (4*90) of the 616 cards available to
them, so they need help winnowing down the list to the cards that will
allow each of them to have success in playing the cards in their
hands.

The Lasombra

Aug 14, 2010, 9:43:17 AM8/14/10
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 22:01:01 -0700 (PDT), Wedge wrote:

>> http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/str...

>> If you were given 8 black hand starter decks (2 of which), how would
>> you approach to build 4 decks (1 for each of the clans)?

>> I am trying to build 4 decks which I can play with my friends. and if
>> they like it, we can slowly acquire some more commons to tune the
>> decks.

>> ----------------

>> How would you respond?

>100% clan
>or
>75% clan
>or
>4 balanced decks
>?

Four decks that can be played against each other, with the goal of
playability first. Survivability and ousting need to be considered as
well. Winnowing the 616 cards down to 4 decks that will convince the
players to keep playing is the goal.

Assume that no other cards are available.

salem

Aug 14, 2010, 9:13:00 PM8/14/10
The Lasombra wrote:

So you're not trying to get 4 decks that are balanced against each other,
but have players sitting there with 5 out of 7 cards in hand unplayable by
any of their ready vampires. You want 4 decks where people actually get to
play the cards in their hands/decks, to learn about the game and have fun.
And balanced as well would be good I guess, but harder and more subjective
than playable.

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

brandonsantacruz

Aug 15, 2010, 2:32:46 AM8/15/10
Here's the !Toreador deck, the rest is cake ;)

This deck votes and bleeds, staying alive through defensive combat,
pool gain, and some bounce/reduce.

2x Matteus, Flesh Sculptor 10 AUS CEL PRE VIC priscus !Toreador:2

2x Donatien 9 AUS PRE cel pot cardinal !Toreador:2

2x Lachlan, Noddist 8 AUS CEL PRE dom archbishop !Toreador:2

2x Venere Carboni 8 AUS CEL PRE ani priscus !Toreador:3

1x Jessica 7 AUS CEL OBT PRE bishop !Toreador:2
1x Jost Werner 6 AUS PRE ani !Toreador:2
1x Sabrina 4 aus cel pre !Toreador:3
1x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2

Library 83

Action 11
2x Art Scam
4x Legal Manipulations
1x Revelations
2x Patronage
4x Propaganda

Action Modifier 12
6x Bewitching Oration

2x Telepathic Vote Counting
4x Under the Skin

Combat 18
8x Acrobatics
4x Aura Reading
6x Sideslip

Master 12
4x Blood Doll

2x Palla Grande
2x Powerbase: Madrid

4x Zillah's Valley

Political Action 13
6x Consanguineous Boon
1x Disputed Territory
6x Kine Resources Contested

Reaction 15
2x Quicken Sight
3x Telepathic Counter
7x Telepathic Misdirection
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

The Lasombra

Aug 15, 2010, 3:21:07 PM8/15/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

>----------------

>How would you respond?

Black Hand Starter Display Challenge Response

I would start with the idea that each deck should be able to interact
well with the others, with as many cards playable as quickly as
possible, avoiding situations that require special setup and vampires
that aren't included in the starters. I've put 3 Blood Dolls and a
Short-Term Investment in each deck, so that each of the four new
players can learn the value of the two different methods of pool gain.
As these are intended for newer players, the games will be a bit
longer and have more turns, so the slow regain of STI will be
acceptable.

Deck Name : Toreador Antitribu BHSDCR
Author : The Lasombra
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 8 average: 6.5
1x Lachlan, Noddist 8 AUS CEL PRE dom archbishop !Toreador:2
1x Miller Delmardigan 8 CEL PRE aus pro bishop !Toreador:2
1x Venere Carboni 8 AUS CEL PRE ani priscus !Toreador:3
1x Jessica Adv 8 AUS CEL OBT PRE bishop !Toreador:2

1x Jessica 7 AUS CEL OBT PRE bishop !Toreador:2

2x Greta Kircher 7 AUS CEL PRE obf !Toreador:2

2x Jost Werner 6 AUS PRE ani !Toreador:2
1x Ian Wallingford 6 CEL PRE aus bishop !Toreador:2

1x Sabrina 4 aus cel pre !Toreador:3
1x Lolita 3 for pre !Toreador:2

Library [80 cards]
Action [8]

2x Art Scam
4x Legal Manipulations

2x Patronage

Action Modifier [8]
4x Bewitching Oration
2x Telepathic Vote Counting
2x Under the Skin

Combat [12]
4x Acrobatics
2x Aura Reading
6x Sideslip

Equipment [2]
2x Leather Jacket

Master [13]
3x Blood Doll
1x Fame

2x Fetish Club Hunting Ground
2x Guru

2x Palla Grande
2x Powerbase: Madrid

1x Short-Term Investment

Political Action [17]
1x Camarilla Threat
4x Consanguineous Boon
1x Crusade: Miami
1x Deploy the Hand
1x Disputed Territory
7x Kine Resources Contested
2x Sabbat Priest

Reaction [20]
2x Eagle's Sight
4x Quicken Sight
8x Telepathic Misdirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

The Lasombra

Aug 15, 2010, 3:22:24 PM8/15/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

>----------------

>How would you respond?

Black Hand Starter Display Challenge Response

I would start with the idea that each deck should be able to interact
well with the others, with as many cards playable as quickly as
possible, avoiding situations that require special setup and vampires
that aren't included in the starters. I've put 3 Blood Dolls and a
Short-Term Investment in each deck, so that each of the four new
players can learn the value of the two different methods of pool gain.
As these are intended for newer players, the games will be a bit
longer and have more turns, so the slow regain of STI will be

acceptable. All of the decks will have reaction capabilities, special
actions only available to that clan, and the master cards that are
clan specific. Most of the allies have been removed as they have too
little bang for their buck.

Deck Name : Nosferatu Antitribu BHSDCR
Author : The Lasombra
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 8 average: 5.83333
1x Calebos 8 ANI OBF POT cel bishop !Nosferatu:2

2x Beast, The Leather 7 OBF POT ani cel !Nosferatu:2

2x Kendrick 7 ANI POT aus obf priscus !Nosferatu:2

1x Teresita, The Godm 7 ANI OBF POT for !Nosferatu:3
1x Christanius Lionel 6 ANI OBF pot !Nosferatu:2
1x Ingram Frizer 6 AUS OBF ani pot !Nosferatu:3
1x Olivia 5 OBF POT vic bishop !Nosferatu:2
1x Josef 4 ani obf obt !Nosferatu:2
1x Tock 4 obf pot pre !Nosferatu:3
1x Dani 2 ani !Nosferatu:2

Library [90 cards]
Action [11]
5x Ambush
4x Harass
2x Zillah's Tears

Action Modifier [6]
1x Cloak the Gathering
1x Elder Impersonation
1x Faceless Night
1x Forgotten Labyrinth
2x Lost in Crowds

Action Modifier/Combat [1]
1x Swallowed by the Night

Combat [32]
2x Behind You!
6x Carrion Crows
4x Drawing Out the Beast
4x Mighty Grapple

2x Song in the Dark
4x Song of Serenity
4x Taste of Vitae

6x Thrown Gate

Master [15]
3x Blood Doll
1x Creep Show
1x Dominion
1x Fame
2x Nosferatu Kingdom
2x Shakar

2x Shanty Town Hunting Ground

1x Short-Term Investment
1x Steam Tunnels
1x Vox Senis

Political Action [3]
1x Crusade: Chicago
2x Templar

Reaction [16]
6x Cats' Guidance
8x Guard Dogs
2x Pack Tactics

Retainer [6]
2x Owl Companion
4x Raven Spy

The Lasombra

Aug 15, 2010, 3:23:32 PM8/15/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

>----------------

>How would you respond?

Black Hand Starter Display Challenge Response

I would start with the idea that each deck should be able to interact
well with the others, with as many cards playable as quickly as
possible, avoiding situations that require special setup and vampires
that aren't included in the starters. I've put 3 Blood Dolls and a
Short-Term Investment in each deck, so that each of the four new
players can learn the value of the two different methods of pool gain.
As these are intended for newer players, the games will be a bit
longer and have more turns, so the slow regain of STI will be
acceptable. All of the decks will have reaction capabilities, special
actions only available to that clan, and the master cards that are
clan specific. Most of the allies have been removed as they have too
little bang for their buck.

Deck Name : Tremere Antitribu BHSDCR
Author : The Lasombra
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 8 average: 5.41667
1x Ian Forestal 8 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:2
1x Kij Dansky 8 AUS DOM THA obt priscus !Tremere:2
1x Bryan Van Duesen 7 DOM THA aus pre !Tremere:2
1x Terrell Harding 7 AUS THA cel dom obf !Tremere:3

2x Selena 6 AUS DOM THA !Tremere:3

1x Reverend Blackwood 6 DOM THA obf bishop !Tremere:2
1x Kurt Strauss 5 DOM aus tha !Tremere:2
1x Thelonius 4 aus dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Brooke 3 dom tha !Tremere:2
1x Ember Wright 3 aus dom !Tremere:3
1x Heinrick Schlempt 2 tha !Tremere:2

Library [90 cards]
Action [16]
4x Cryptic Mission

2x Recure of the Homeland

8x Scouting Mission
2x Zillah's Tears

Action Modifier [12]
8x Bonding
4x Seduction

Ally [1]
1x Succubus

Combat [26]
8x Apportation
2x Aura Reading
4x Burst of Sunlight
10x Theft of Vitae
2x Walk of Flame

Master [13]
3x Blood Doll

1x Dominion
1x Fame
2x Infernal Pact
2x Rotschreck
1x Short-Term Investment
2x University Hunting Ground
1x Vox Senis

Reaction [22]
8x Deflection
4x Enhanced Senses
8x Forced Awakening
1x Precognition
1x Spirit's Touch

The Lasombra

Aug 15, 2010, 3:25:06 PM8/15/10
http://boardgamegeek.com/forum/31523/vampire-the-eternal-struggle/strategy

>----------------

>How would you respond?

Black Hand Starter Display Challenge Response

I would start with the idea that each deck should be able to interact
well with the others, with as many cards playable as quickly as
possible, avoiding situations that require special setup and vampires
that aren't included in the starters. I've put 3 Blood Dolls and a
Short-Term Investment in each deck, so that each of the four new
players can learn the value of the two different methods of pool gain.
As these are intended for newer players, the games will be a bit
longer and have more turns, so the slow regain of STI will be
acceptable. All of the decks will have reaction capabilities, special
actions only available to that clan, and the master cards that are
clan specific. Most of the allies have been removed as they have too
little bang for their buck.

Deck Name : Malkavian Antitribu BHSDCR
Author : The Lasombra
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 8 average: 5.5
1x Virgil 8 AUS DEM OBF cel bishop !Malkavian:2

2x Kite 7 AUS DEM obf pre bishop !Malkavian:2

1x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF ani priscus !Malkavian:2
1x Artemis 6 DEM OBF aus cel for !Malkavian:2
1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3

2x Colonel, The 5 AUS cel dem obf !Malkavian:3

2x Roger Farnsworth 4 OBF aus !Malkavian:3

1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2

Library [90 cards]
Action [14]
2x Haunting, The