LSJ Anesthetic Touch and Enviromental Damage

Raille

Dec 10, 2005, 10:27:44 PM12/10/05
At what point does enviromental damage occur in reference to the
effects of AT?

Example of what I mean.

Minion A plays Carrior crows or has a retainer that does damage ect
appart from the normal damage a minions strike does.

During the strike declaration phase A strikes hand for 1, Minion B
plays AT at inf.

As a matched set of strikes each minion takes damage from the others
strike. Combat ends immediantly after the resolution of that strike.
How does enviromental damage add into this?

Is it applied prior to strikes or after?

If enviro is before that there is the case of minions unable to declare
strikes due to damage effects preventing them from striking.

If after the enviromental in this case is not applied at all, combat
having already ended.

If applied with the strike means if can be reduced or eliminated by
cards that prevent damage by opposing minions strike. Leather Jacket
if you require examples.

Raille

Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo

Dec 10, 2005, 10:59:21 PM12/10/05

Raille escreveu:

> At what point does enviromental damage occur in reference to the
> effects of AT?
> Example of what I mean.
> Minion A plays Carrior crows or has a retainer that does damage ect
> appart from the normal damage a minions strike does.
> During the strike declaration phase A strikes hand for 1, Minion B
> plays AT at inf.
> As a matched set of strikes each minion takes damage from the others
> strike. Combat ends immediantly after the resolution of that strike.
> How does enviromental damage add into this?
> Is it applied prior to strikes or after?

Neither one. I've asked this once not too long ago...
AFAIR, environmental damage occurs at the same time a regular strike
(non-dodge, non-SC:E, not with First Strike) would occur.

So a Carrion Crows agains AT at inferior will do damage. But if the AT
is played at superior - i.e., First Strike - it resolves first and ends
combat immediately, so the CC damage doesn't kick in. The same applies
to any regular strike by the opposing minion.

The resolution order for strikes is something like this:

- Combat Ends
- Dodge
- First Strike
- Regular Strike => that's when environmental damage occurs.

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo
- just back from our Legacies pre-release

LSJ

Dec 11, 2005, 7:45:39 AM12/11/05
Fabio 'Sooner' Macedo wrote:
> AFAIR, environmental damage occurs at the same time a regular strike
> (non-dodge, non-SC:E, not with First Strike) would occur.
>
> So a Carrion Crows agains AT at inferior will do damage. But if the AT
> is played at superior - i.e., First Strike - it resolves first and ends
> combat immediately, so the CC damage doesn't kick in. The same applies
> to any regular strike by the opposing minion.
>
> The resolution order for strikes is something like this:
>
> - Combat Ends
> - Dodge
> - First Strike
> - Regular Strike => that's when environmental damage occurs.

Correct.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Raille

Dec 11, 2005, 8:47:50 AM12/11/05
Ok, just one more then.

What about Superior, when the minion playing AT also has enviromental
damage to resolve.

Since the above indicates that enviromental is applied during the
strike resolution at the same time as the strike, the minion with
applied enviromental damage striking with AT at SUP should also inflict
the enviromental damage at the same time.

Or are we establishing an alternate application of when enviro is
taken. The rule book is extremely vague on this point.

Raille

James Coupe

Dec 11, 2005, 11:14:57 AM12/11/05
In message <1134308870.3...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,

Raille <rai...@yahoo.com> writes:
>What about Superior, when the minion playing AT also has enviromental
>damage to resolve.
>
>Since the above indicates that enviromental is applied during the
>strike resolution at the same time as the strike,

At the same time as normal, non-S:CE, non-Dodge, non-first Strike
strikes.

Also note that in your post, there is no "the above" since you have
chosen not to quote context for whatever reason. Your statement shows
exactly why quoting context is useful!

>the minion with
>applied enviromental damage striking with AT at SUP should also inflict
>the enviromental damage at the same time.

Assuming the environmental damage is from (say) Carrion Crows or Wolf
Companion, it resolves at normal strike speed as always. That is, the
resolution of the First Strike comes before it.

The "during strike resolution" text from Carrion Crows et al is a
reference to normal strike resolution. It would have to say "at the
same time as this minion's strike resolves" (or similar) to resolve as
you suggest.

<http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/29f31d
789122e3a3>

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Raille

Dec 11, 2005, 9:48:43 PM12/11/05

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1134308870.3...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> Raille <rai...@yahoo.com> writes:
> >What about Superior, when the minion playing AT also has enviromental
> >damage to resolve.
> >
> >Since the above indicates that enviromental is applied during the
> >strike resolution at the same time as the strike,
>
> At the same time as normal, non-S:CE, non-Dodge, non-first Strike
> strikes.
>
> Also note that in your post, there is no "the above" since you have
> chosen not to quote context for whatever reason. Your statement shows
> exactly why quoting context is useful!

Sorry That would be my fault from using google groups rather than my
normal newgroup reader, which for some unknow reason won't download my
old groups but will download any new groups.

> >the minion with
> >applied enviromental damage striking with AT at SUP should also inflict
> >the enviromental damage at the same time.
>
> Assuming the environmental damage is from (say) Carrion Crows or Wolf
> Companion, it resolves at normal strike speed as always. That is, the
> resolution of the First Strike comes before it.
>
> The "during strike resolution" text from Carrion Crows et al is a
> reference to normal strike resolution. It would have to say "at the
> same time as this minion's strike resolves" (or similar) to resolve as
> you suggest.
>
> <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/29f31d
> 789122e3a3>

Considering this was almost a year and a half ago and 2 release's you
would have thought that something as important as this would have been
addressed in the rule book.

But I'm not cutting you down, its exactly what I need, even if its not
formally in the rules. Its got the LSJ seal of aproval!

Raille

David Zopf

Dec 12, 2005, 11:31:03 AM12/12/05

"Raille" <rai...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> James Coupe wrote:
>> In message <1134308870.3...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> Raille <rai...@yahoo.com> writes:
>> >What about Superior, when the minion playing AT also has enviromental
>> >damage to resolve.
>> >
>> >Since the above indicates that enviromental is applied during the
>> >strike resolution at the same time as the strike,
>>
>> At the same time as normal, non-S:CE, non-Dodge, non-first Strike
>> strikes.
>>
>> Also note that in your post, there is no "the above" since you have
>> chosen not to quote context for whatever reason. Your statement shows
>> exactly why quoting context is useful!
>
> Sorry That would be my fault from using google groups rather than my
> normal newgroup reader, which for some unknow reason won't download my
> old groups but will download any new groups.

To quote context using Google Groups, don't use the "Reply" link at the foot
of the message. Instead, click the "Options" link at the top of the message
to which you are responding, then click the "Reply To" link in the dropdown
of options which results. The reply window will contain the full text of
the message to which you are replying.

Also, it seems that the proliferation of double-and triple postings from
Google Group users is often due to a false timeout error (a recent exmaple
is my two "The Next Set is Named" threads). If you get a timeout message
when attempting to send a usenet post using Google Groups, wait a few
minutes, to see if it shows up anyways.

DaveZ
Atom Weaver