Retainers and Equipment Questions

Jason Mowat

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Greets all,

Can you transfer retainers like equipment?

Also, when you transfer equipment, can you use an action for a minion to
"give" equipment to somebody? For example, I have 3 little 1-strength
vampires untapped, each with a unique piece of equipment (#1 has flak
jacket, #2 has .44 Magnum, #3 has sport bike). I also have a powerful
vampire who is tapped out. Can each vampire attempt to "give" their piece
of equipment to the tapped vampire? I doubt it, but I thought it would be
worth asking ;-)

If all of youir minions had at least 1 vehicle, is there any way to swap
vehicles? For example, vamp 1 has a hawg, while vamp 2 has a sport bike.
Any way for them to exchange vehicles? Furthermore, during an exchange, can
you move any or all equipment back and forth between the two minions?

Cheers,
Jason

Jason Mowat

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00

Noal McDonald

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
"Jason Mowat" <jmo...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Can you transfer retainers like equipment?

Nope. You can take an action to take a piece of equipment from a minion
that you control to the acting minion. There is, however, no such
action to transfer retainers or locations.

You can only transfer retainers with the Heidelburg Castle and, if they
require Animalism to be brought into play, Shepherd's Innocence. I
believe that all other cards that steal retainers require them to be
controlled by another player.

> Also, when you transfer equipment, can you use an action for
> a minion to "give" equipment to somebody?

Nope. Vampires and allies are not generous creatures. They can only
take.

> If all of youir minions had at least 1 vehicle, is there
> any way to swap vehicles?

If any effect causes a minion to have two vehicles, I believe the newer
one is burned. So....to answer your question, no.

Noal McDonald
--
"What you cannot enforce, do not command."
-- Socrates

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

Jun 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/18/00
Noal McDonald <dhar...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> "Jason Mowat" <jmo...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> > Can you transfer retainers like equipment?
>
> Nope. You can take an action to take a piece of equipment from a minion
> that you control to the acting minion. There is, however, no such
> action to transfer retainers or locations.
>
> You can only transfer retainers with the Heidelburg Castle and, if they
> require Animalism to be brought into play, Shepherd's Innocence. I
> believe that all other cards that steal retainers require them to be
> controlled by another player.

Correct.

> > Also, when you transfer equipment, can you use an action for
> > a minion to "give" equipment to somebody?
>
> Nope. Vampires and allies are not generous creatures. They can only
> take.

Well, there's no action defined to "push" equipment, correct.

> > If all of your minions had at least 1 vehicle, is there

> > any way to swap vehicles?
>
> If any effect causes a minion to have two vehicles, I believe the newer
> one is burned. So....to answer your question, no.

Yes - but that only applies to forced possession of multiple vehicles (as
with Vast Wealth - in which case the "new" equipment is simply burned
with no cost paid). A minion with a vehicle cannot attempt to equip
(or steal or otherwise gain possession of) another vehicle. So, for
example, Lucian on a Sport Bike could not attempt to steal his
opponent's Hawg in combat (not even just to burn the Hawg).

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Jason Mowat

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
Thanks for all of the clarifications, guys :-)

It is through this NG that my friends and I, who have recently gotten into
the game, are resolving all of our conflicts. Your help has made way for a
smoother, faster game for us, and we are all having a blast with it.

Thanks for all your help! It is appreciated by us.

Cheers,
Jason

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

corr...@my-deja.com

Jun 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/21/00
In article <mY_15.177290$p73....@news2.mts.net>,
"Jason Mowat" <jmo...@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Greets all,

> Can you transfer retainers like equipment?

no, only equipment

> Also, when you transfer equipment, can you use an action for a minion

> "give" equipment to somebody? For example, I have 3 little 1-strength
> vampires untapped, each with a unique piece of equipment (#1 has flak
> jacket, #2 has .44 Magnum, #3 has sport bike). I also have a powerful
> vampire who is tapped out. Can each vampire attempt to "give" their
piece
> of equipment to the tapped vampire? I doubt it, but I thought it
would be
> worth asking ;-)

Yes, you could make this action.

> If all of youir minions had at least 1 vehicle, is there any way to
swap

> vehicles? For example, vamp 1 has a hawg, while vamp 2 has a sport
bike.
> Any way for them to exchange vehicles? Furthermore, during an
exchange, can
> you move any or all equipment back and forth between the two minions?

No, because your minions can have only one vehicle at time.