Jimmy Dunn\Self Contesting

Glen Robinson

Jul 2, 2003, 9:26:15 AM7/2/03
Was having a bit of disagreement about this with a friend.. thought that it
might be worth checking out

If you have a Jimmy Dunn:

Sabbat: Jimmy Dunn cannot be contested. If a second Jimmy comes into
play, burn the
first Jimmy in play instead of contesting him.

and you (want to) bring out another...

I figured that since the first burns (without any contesting), this wouldn't
contravene the 'no self-contesting' rule. True/False?

Pahoehoe!

LSJ

Jul 2, 2003, 9:47:14 AM7/2/03

Correct. If it cannot be contested, then it won't ever run afoul of the
rule prohibiting self-contesting.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Peter D Bakija

Jul 2, 2003, 11:41:44 AM7/2/03
Glen Robinson wrote:

> I figured that since the first burns (without any contesting), this wouldn't
> contravene the 'no self-contesting' rule. True/False?

Sort of.

You are not allowed to play cards that contest with other cards you control,
this is true. But you are allowed to influence out a vampire you alreadyhave
in play, as once enough pool counters are on a vampire, it automatically
comes into play at the end of the influence phase, and there is no
prohibition on placing blood counters on vampires you already have in play.
Thus, if you accidentally (or intentionally) put X blood counters on an
uncontrolled vampire that you already have in play, where X is that
vampire's capacity, it automatically comes into play.

But they don't contest. The second vampire to come out is just immediately
burned, and you loose the vampire and all the blood.

Jimmy Dunn works differently, however. When he comes into play, he burns the
*other* copy of Jimmy Dunn in play. As there is nothing that prevents you
from influencing out a vampire you already control, Jimmy Dunn or no, you
can always influence out a second Jimmy Dunn (or a second any vampire).
Because it is Jimmy Dunn, however, good things happen (your first Jimmy is
burned, which might be good, as he might be in torpor or have been Sensory
Deprived or something). If, on the other hand, it was, like, Lithrac or
someone, you'd feel dumb.

Peter D Bakija
PD...@bigplanet.com
http://www.myplanet.net/pdb6

"My health is failing me, so I flip on the television,
and watch sad movies and look for sad, sick people like me."
-Tegan and Sara