Followers of Set Clanletter-October

1 view

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00
Followers of Set- October Newsletter

I. Introduction
II. Card of the Month
III. Vampire of the Month
IV. Deck of the Month
V. Conclusion

I.Introduction

I know it isn't October yet, but then again who wants to wait for
October to get the newsletter. You're special. You're not like all the
other vampires who have to wait. Waiting is for the masses. You
deserve to get your newsletter early. Just like Christmas. Why should
you have to wait for some silly date. Everyone opens their
presents early, but no one tells you that is what they did. Stick with
me. I'll let you in on all the secrets. You'll be in the A crowd in no
time. I can make things happen for you. Everyone will love you. I am
going to make you a star. What do you want? I can get it for you.
Hey, we're pals. We can take care of each other.

Sure, once upon a time I was just like you: just some neonate who just
got booted out of the nest with nowhere to go and no place to hang, but
if you stick with me, then things are going to change. Trust me. We are
going to use our game plan to put you at the top of the social order in
no time. Need your own hunting grounds? I can arrange that. How about
that waterfront for some hunting grounds? Pretty nice isn't it? I
know, I know, some Gangrel controls the waterfront. Just stick with me
. I have it all figured out...

----------------------

Card of the Month

Heart of Darkness
2 blood
Put this card on the acting vampire. Aggravated damage taken by this
vampire is change to normal damage. Any minion may burn this card as a D
action

Sup- As above and prevent 1 damage to the vampire each combar.

What can I say? This card rocks! It is like a semi-permanent Skin of
Night. Gangrel, Assimites, Flame Throwers, Forget about them. They're
just going to have to do it the old fashion way. Even the old fashion
way gets a little tough when you play it at superior. Ta Da! Instant
flak jacket!

Sure combat damage prevention is great but that isn't even the real
beauty of this card. This card even changes unpreventable aggravated
damage to regular damage. Rutor's Hand, Force of Will, Sunrise
Service, all of these are now just a walk in the park and another blood
burnt, rather than the oh so questionable trip to torpor.

Want Something? Take it. Need to do something? Do it. In fact let me
help you out by putting this card into a deck that specializes in this
type of business. You know, the good kind of business.

--------------
Vampire of the Month

Kemintiri
Follower of Set
Superior Serpentis, Superior Presence, Superior Obfuscate, Superior
Thaumaturgy, basic Auspex, and basic Dominate

Those pesky Ventrue getting you down. You know those guys who show up
to every tournament saying, "We've got presence and titles so we control
voting. We've got Dominate so we can power bleed you and bounce your
bleeds wherever we want. We've got Fortitude so you can't hurt me."
This vampire not only has 10 points worth of disciplines, but also clips
Ventrues like a the pompous shrubbery that they are. +1 Bleed and +1
stealth if they are your prey ,and then a +1 stealth rush action to
plant their bleed bouncing and power bleeding vampires into the ground.
If that is to your liking then slap a fortitude card on her, and she
works like over-caffinated steam engine, and that is exactly what the
following deck does.

-------------------

Deck of the Month

Marti Gras Partying
(for those of you who haven't been to Marti Gras, you party all
night-long and all day-long until you run out of juice)

Crypt
Saqqaf, Keeper of the Grand Temple of Set (Follower of Set, 9)
Kemintire (Follower of Set, 10)
Lalitha (Follower of Set, 2)
Dedefra (Follower of Set, 5)
Khalil Anvari (Follower of Set, 3)
Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg (Tremere, 7)
Brooke (Tremere Antitribu, 3)
Heinrick Schlempt (Tremere Antitribu, 2)
Ian Forrestal (Tremere Antitribu, 8)
Lazar Dobrescu (Ravnos, 3)
Julius (Caitiff, 1)

Low Crypt-8 High Crypt -34
Library

Master Cards
Serpentis x 3
Fortitude x 2
Thaumatugy x 2
Blood Dollx 4
University Hunting Grounds
Temple Hunting Grounds
The Path of Typhon x 2
KRGC News Radio
The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
The Barrens
The Realm of the Black Sun
Information Highway
Infernal Pact

Minion Cards
Lucky Blow x 4
Pulled Fangsx 4
Trap x 5
Undead Persistance x 2
Arsonx 2
Restoration x 4
Bastard Sword x 3
Ablative Skin x 3
Hidden Strength x 1
Burst of Sunlight x 1
Lure of the Serpent x 1
Rapid Healing x 2
Convenant of Blood x 1
Form of Corruption x 2
Rutor's Hand x 5
Infernal Familiar x 1
Temptation x 2
Sunrise Service x 1
Force of Will x 7
Heart of Darkness x 7
Gargoyle Slave x 2
Succubus x 1
Nephandus x 1
Wake With Evenings Freshness x 5

The point of this deck is to get a Heart of Darkness on each of your
vampires (usually after adding a skill card to younger non-Setites), and
then Force of Will/ Rutor's Hand each of your vampires so that they may
take multiple actions each turn. The is a surplus of actions and
permanents that you put into play before your bleed action, therefore
either putting permanents into play or by drawing out their blockers and
then bleeding them once they are unable to react.

--------------
V. Conclusion

I hope that you have enjoyed the first of my newsletters. I certainly
enjoyed writing it. Please post any questions or email them to me.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Rob Treasure

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

<X_Ze...@email.msn.com> wrote in message

> Followers of Set- October Newsletter
>
> I. Introduction
> II. Card of the Month
> III. Vampire of the Month
> IV. Deck of the Month
> V. Conclusion
>

> I.Introduction
>
> I know it isn't October yet, but then again who wants to wait for
> October to get the newsletter. You're special. You're not like all the
> other vampires who have to wait. Waiting is for the masses. You
> deserve to get your newsletter early. Just like Christmas. Why should
> you have to wait for some silly date. Everyone opens their
> presents early, but no one tells you that is what they did. Stick with
> me. I'll let you in on all the secrets. You'll be in the A crowd in no
> time. I can make things happen for you. Everyone will love you. I am
> going to make you a star. What do you want? I can get it for you.
> Hey, we're pals. We can take care of each other.

Tempty tempty.

[snip]

> --------------
> Vampire of the Month
>
> Kemintiri
> Follower of Set
> Superior Serpentis, Superior Presence, Superior Obfuscate, Superior
> Thaumaturgy, basic Auspex, and basic Dominate
>
> Those pesky Ventrue getting you down. You know those guys who show up
> to every tournament saying, "We've got presence and titles so we control
> voting. We've got Dominate so we can power bleed you and bounce your
> bleeds wherever we want. We've got Fortitude so you can't hurt me."
> This vampire not only has 10 points worth of disciplines, but also clips
> Ventrues like a the pompous shrubbery that they are. +1 Bleed and +1
> stealth if they are your prey ,and then a +1 stealth rush action to
> plant their bleed bouncing and power bleeding vampires into the ground.
> If that is to your liking then slap a fortitude card on her, and she
> works like over-caffinated steam engine, and that is exactly what the
> following deck does.

As Ventrue clanletter scribe I feel honourbound to defend the rulers of the
Camarilla from the scourge of the sleazy, tempting snakes - clan enmity
already, cool .....this shit is what I signed up for :)

Let's be serious here, Kemintiri is not really much of a threat, more of an
ally really. The old +1 +1 bleeds suit our teflon cause very well and as for
her rush capacity, what exactly is she going to pull off when she comes up
against a majestic, wall of steel ? Theft for 2 or hands for 1? The Ventrue
don't take kindly to slander, they tend to Protect thine Own. I hear on the
Rumour Mill that she best take care or she may end up Banished from the
realm.

ments Welcome,
> Norman S. Brown Jr.
> XZealot
> Archon of the Swamp
>

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Rob T
(Keeping the filthy Ventrue in check with a chair and a whip I picked up in
Amsterdam)

---

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

Sep 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/21/00

> As Ventrue clanletter scribe I feel honourbound to defend the rulers
of the
> Camarilla from the scourge of the sleazy, tempting snakes - clan
enmity
> already, cool .....this shit is what I signed up for :)
>
> Let's be serious here, Kemintiri is not really much of a threat, more
of an
> ally really.

Of course you should feel like she is your ally. She only assasinated
then impersonated the former Ventrue Justicar, then she ran your clan
for then next 50 years until you figured out that she wasn't a Ventrue.
It takes alot to get to the top of the Red List, and she's got it. I
guess that whole "I played the entire Ventue clan for patsies, and I got
away with it" kind of gets stuck in your craw. (To find out more about
this read "The Kindred's Most Wanted")

<snip harmless banter about Ventue insecurity>

skaffen_...@my-deja.com

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00

> > As Ventrue clanletter scribe I feel honourbound to defend the rulers
> of the
> > Camarilla from the scourge of the sleazy, tempting snakes - clan
> enmity
> > already, cool .....this shit is what I signed up for :)
> >
> > Let's be serious here, Kemintiri is not really much of a threat, more
> of an
> > ally really.
>
> Of course you should feel like she is your ally. She only assasinated
> then impersonated the former Ventrue Justicar, then she ran your clan
> for then next 50 years until you figured out that she wasn't a Ventrue.
> It takes alot to get to the top of the Red List, and she's got it. I
> guess that whole "I played the entire Ventue clan for patsies, and I got
> away with it" kind of gets stuck in your craw. (To find out more about
> this read "The Kindred's Most Wanted")

I think the real challenge is to come up with a deck that centers on her. I
tend to see Keminitri occasionally in some FoS deck, but that seems to be
only because of the lack of Setites in general. Her skill combination always
seemed interesting to me, until I tried to figure what she would actually
do... And 10 capacity is monstrous, no matter how you look at it.

Any chance you will enlighten us in a future newsletter, Norman?

Regards

Skaffen
Chantry Elder Of Munich

"Our hearts discern wild images of Death,
Shadows and shoals that edge eternity."

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

Sep 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/22/00

> I think the real challenge is to come up with a deck that centers on
her. I
> tend to see Keminitri occasionally in some FoS deck, but that seems to
be
> only because of the lack of Setites in general. Her skill combination
always
> seemed interesting to me, until I tried to figure what she would
actually
> do... And 10 capacity is monstrous, no matter how you look at it.
>

> Any chance you will enlighten us in a future newsletter, Norman?

We'll I hope I did a little bit with the Thaumaturgy/Fortitude/Serpentis
deck that I included in the newsletter.