Dual Form and Banishment [Q: LSJ]

Jon

Nov 3, 2005, 6:25:58 PM11/3/05
Ok, so a question about Dual Form, capacity, and Banishment has come up
in a JOL game.

Nadima, an 8 cap vampire, creates a Dual Form at PRO and her capacity
is reduced to 7.

Nadima is eventually banished. Dual Form burns.

If Nadima were to be transfered out again would you need 7 or 8 pool to
re-influence her to the controlled region?

Assuming that the capcity reduction is permanant and that Dual Form is
not a card played on the vampire I think it would be 7, but I've been
known to make mistakes now and again :)

thanks,

Jon

Dual Form:
+1 stealth action
[pro]Untap this vampire. During this minion phase, you may untap this
vampire again.
[PRO]This acting vampire's capacity is reduced by 1. Put this card in
play, tapped. It becomes a non-unique vampire with the same clan,
capacity and disciplines as the acting vampire. You may move up to 2
blood from the acting vampire to this vampire. If either minion leaves
the ready region, the other is burned.

Banishment:
Political Card - Worth 1 vote. Called by any vampire at +1 stealth.
Choose a younger ready vampire. Successful referendum means that
vampire is moved to the uncontrolled region (place him or her face
down).The vampire is uncontrolled. The vampire's blood counters, master
cards, and minion cards stay with that vampire with any counters they
have on them (these cards are out of play as long as the vampire
remains uncontrolled).

Relevant clarifications/erratas:
All cards on the uncontrolled vampire become uncontrolled as well, and
are not subject to contesting while out of play. These cards come back
into play when the vampire does. [RTR 20000501]

A Banished vampire will remember all effects that had been applied to
him, just as Contested vampires do. This includes gained or lost
titles, etc. [RTR 20000501]

LSJ

Nov 3, 2005, 6:46:48 PM11/3/05
Jon wrote:
> Ok, so a question about Dual Form, capacity, and Banishment has come up
> in a JOL game.
>
> Nadima, an 8 cap vampire, creates a Dual Form at PRO and her capacity
> is reduced to 7.
>
> Nadima is eventually banished. Dual Form burns.
>
> If Nadima were to be transfered out again would you need 7 or 8 pool to
> re-influence her to the controlled region?
>
> Assuming that the capcity reduction is permanant and that Dual Form is
> not a card played on the vampire I think it would be 7, but I've been
> known to make mistakes now and again :)

Correct.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Darth Una

Nov 3, 2005, 7:23:19 PM11/3/05

> > Nadima is eventually banished. Dual Form burns.
> >
> > If Nadima were to be transfered out again would you need 7 or 8 pool to
> > re-influence her to the controlled region?
> >
> > Assuming that the capcity reduction is permanant and that Dual Form is
> > not a card played on the vampire I think it would be 7, but I've been
> > known to make mistakes now and again :)
>
> Correct.

So a Praxis: Athens etc. permanently increases capacity, even for the
uncontrolled vampire when banished?

But skill cards, and other cards that increase or decrease have no
affect for the banished vampire.

Thanks...

John Flournoy

Nov 3, 2005, 8:35:19 PM11/3/05

Because those effects are based on the cards being in or out of play;
while Banished the cards (like skill cards) are out of play and thus
have no effect.

Dual Form's capacity-reduce, or an increase from an appropriate Praxis,
don't care that the Dual Form or Praxis is in the ash heap - the effect
has already been applied (permanently) to the vampire.

> Thanks...

-John Flournoy