Change of Target/Blood Brother Ambush

XZealot

Aug 3, 2001, 12:20:20 AM8/3/01
Can you play a Change of target to cancel the current combat and untap
both vampires then play a Blood Brother Ambush to cause the blocking
vampire to fight the Blood Brothers? I think you can, and I will show
you why.

Change of Target: Action Modifier
Only usable when this acting minion is blocked. Untap the acting
minion, do not tap the blocking minion, and cancel the current action
and combat. This minion cannot take the same action again this turn.

Blood Brother Ambush: Action Modifier, Brujah Antitribu, 2 blood
Only usable when an action is blocked. Combat does not occur. Put this
card into play. While in play, this card represents an ally with 3
life and 2 strength who can strike for 2R damage; this ally enters
combat with the blocking minion. Blood Brothers may play cards
requiring basic Potence as a vampire with a capacity of 3. Any cost in
blood is paid with life. If a card would give ghem blood, give them
life instead. Burn this card at the end of combat or if the combat is
canceled.

If you notice the wording of Change of Target, then you will see that
it does not cancel the block but merely the current action and combat.
Blood Brother Ambush on the other hand only requires a block and also
cancels the current combat. The fact that it cancels the current
combat is irrelavent because the current combat is already cancelled.
The Blood Brothers go into play and then enter combat with the
blocking minion.

Note: Blood Brother Ambush also beats Obedience.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

LSJ

Aug 3, 2001, 1:25:42 PM8/3/01
"XZealot" <X_Ze...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> Can you play a Change of target to cancel the current combat and untap
> both vampires then play a Blood Brother Ambush to cause the blocking
> vampire to fight the Blood Brothers? I think you can, and I will show
> you why.

No. Once the action is canceled, you have nothing to modify.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Henrik

Aug 5, 2001, 1:24:49 PM8/5/01

LSJ skrev i meddelandet <9kedkh$427oh$5...@ID-99714.news.dfncis.de>...

>"XZealot" <X_Ze...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Can you play a Change of target to cancel the current combat and untap
>> both vampires then play a Blood Brother Ambush to cause the blocking
>> vampire to fight the Blood Brothers? I think you can, and I will show
>> you why.
>
>No. Once the action is canceled, you have nothing to modify.

Can I play Change of Target after the BBambush then?

LSJ

Aug 6, 2001, 3:56:23 PM8/6/01

This is an unrelated question, since BBA doesn't cancel the action.
The answer is "no", because BBA starts combat.