reform body

LSJ

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
to VTE...@oracle.wizards.com
On VTES-L, Jon Darbro wrote:

> Could you prevent the diablerie of one of your minions using Reform Body?

Yes.

> Is diablerie considered "burning" in this sense?

Yes.

> Also, if Reform Body is successfully played to prevent being burned, is
> the diablerie considered successful? Could a younger vampire pull a skill
> card? Would there be a Blood Hunt called?

No to all.

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

Patrick Harris

May 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/7/99
> >> Is diablerie considered "burning" in this sense?<<
>
> Yes.

If that's the case, then what happens if the vampire that gets burned had a Soul
Gem of Etrius? Does he come back with everything that he had on him, including
any Master cards? Does he come back with nothing on him, and a new minion
(using Soul Gem text) possibly from the crypt emerges as well?

I had been thinking that Reform just made it so the vampire was never actually
burned, so he'd just keep whatever cards he had on him. But if he is actually
burned and then comes back, then does the Soul Gem power kick in and do the
other cards stay with him (equipment and discipline cards)?

p.

LSJ

May 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM5/8/99
Patrick Harris <alp...@alpinetaxi.com> wrote:

> > Yes.
>
> If that's the case, then what happens if the vampire that gets burned had a
Soul
> Gem of Etrius? Does he come back with everything that he had on him,
including
> any Master cards? Does he come back with nothing on him, and a new minion
> (using Soul Gem text) possibly from the crypt emerges as well?

No. Nothing happens. The vampire keeps the Soul Gem. Reform Body replaces
the "burn" with a "become/remain torporous" effect. Since he isn't burned,
Soul Gem doesn't activate.

> I had been thinking that Reform just made it so the vampire was never actually
> burned, so he'd just keep whatever cards he had on him. But if he is actually
> burned and then comes back, then does the Soul Gem power kick in and do the
> other cards stay with him (equipment and discipline cards)?

You had been correct. He is never actually burned. The question I replied to
was "Is 'diablerie' considered 'burning' for purposes of playing Reform Body
(which would replace the 'burn' effect)?"