8991 rebmeceD rettelsweN naivaklaM NKE:V

James Coupe

Dec 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/2/98

8991 rebmeceD rettelsweN naivaklaM NKE:V

.ssenidaer ni si gnihtyrevE

.llor ot ydaer era sesserp gnitnirp ehT

esoht yb ,yaw rehto eht og ot detnahcne yllacigam gnieb era srorrim ehT
.syaw citsym ni delliks

.gninrael lanimilbus hguorht thgir si tfel taht thguat gnieb era elpoeP

:pets ysae eno ni dlrow eht revo ekat ot woH

); .sdrawkcab gnihtyreve ekaM

***

....htnom siht tnereffid ylthgils gnihtemos ta kool a evah s'tel ,woN
.noitulove txen eht ,skced deelB-htlaetS

si taht noitulove eht si yltnecer semit lareves deton evah I gnihtemoS
htlaetS fo aera drawrofthgiarts yrev ylsuoiverp eht nihtiw gnirrucco
.esle elttil yrev dnA .deelb dnA .htlaets did yehT .skced deelB

laitnatsbus rehtar gnivah meht gnidnif neeb evah I ,hguoht ,yltneceR
*rehto* hguorht ,skced eht otni dedda ecnefed tabmoc fo stnuoma
fo yaw eht ni tog ev'ew tahw ta kool a evah s'tel oS .senilpicsid
fbo dna mod ,sua t'nera hcihw ,sklam ruo rof senilpicsid detneiro tabmoc
.)elttil a edivorp hcihw fo lla(

SUA fbo lec - anaD nicnaD

fo ytilibixelf eht evah uoY .seitilibissop fo dlrow a pu snepo lec
ylbissop osla ,sekirts lanoitidda dna gnisserp ,gnirevuenam ,gnigdod
,os evisnepxe etiuq s'ehs ,eripmav yticapac 6 a sA .oot ,ekirts tsrif
.reh tcetorp ot ssima og t'ndluow sdrac lec wef a ,spahrep

MOD fbo lec sua - sreyeM idiD

neeb sah tahw fo lla ,taht ta redeelb doog nmad a dna ,yticapac 5 a sA
era skced tabmoC !ecnefeD .emos neht dna seog anaD nicnaD rof dias
a evah ot droffa t'nac uoy dna stnemanruot ni erom dna erom dnuof gnieb
?uoy nac ,won slerdnuocs live eht ot bmuccus idiD ekil eripmav niagrab

FBO erp rof mod sua - tseJ .rD

erp dna rof .ytiliba laiceps gnisuma na dna negomirP a ,yticapac 8
gnideelb ta toh taht ton s'eh hguohtla ,erolpxe ot seuneva wen edivorp
etiuq eb dluow dna ,tabmoc ni llew pu dnats ot uoy swolla rof .yllaer
esoht rednU .uoy gnittih tpek hcihw kced elyts GI na tsniaga lufesu
ot elba gnieb ton ruoy ot eud lufesu ssel eb dluow erp ,secnatsmucric
erutuf eht fo yaw eht si rof spahrep oS (: ti htiw nwoderatS ro ytsejaM
?hajurB eht tsniaga

FBO MOD SUA aht lec - naicuL

lec tub gib s'eH .gniht tnempiuqe laets sih htiw racitsuJ ,yticapac 01
ta llew os krow t'now doolb gnilaets derrulB .noitanibmoc looc a si aht
gnol ot revuenam nac uoy ,dnefed ot tnaw uoy fi rO (: .hguoht ,roirefni
eht rof tuo hctaW .ytirelec htiw egdod ro ,senilpicsid htob htiw egnar
thgif" fo euqinhcet detevoc eht esu uoy stel aht ,revewoH .hguoht GI
.ecaep ni uoy evael ll'yeht ebyam taht os "kcab

FBO MOD aht sua - rednuhT ydaL ,leiraM

tub ,laiceps reh htiw ,uoy rof seripmav rehto ruoy dnefed nac ehs ,lleW
ehs tub ,noitpo flesreh dnefed eht no tuo sesol ehs ,lleW ?flesreh rof
era stfehT wef A .ygrutamuahT htiw elyts ni ti od dna kcab tih *nac*
.tpmetta hctid ,tsal a sa thgilnuS fo tsruB a ebyam ro ,doog syawla

FBO ROF MOD SUA top - roolF ht31 eht fo xirtceR ,ennaxoR

fi drah tuo tih ot reh wolla top dna ROF !resoh eineew dna yticapac 9
rap redeelb a reh ekam yticapac dna senilpicsid reH .dekcolb s'ehs
,seineew ruoy hsur ,egamad ruoy tneverp ,drah tih nac ehS .ecnellecxe
.egakcap elttil taen eno ni lla dna dekcolb nehw uoy eracs

FBO SUA erp mod ina - smmiS retsevlyS

.elpparG latrommI eht rof tuo hctaw tub ,sdne tabmoc rof desu eb nac erp
uoy pleh nac staB morf diA dna yznerF rorreT .hguoht ,nuf si msilaminA
staB morf diA ); oot ees uoy snopaew yna esoh dna ,egnar gnol eetnaraug
eb dluoc edroH eninaC dna ,oot ,meht tih ot ytiliba thgils a uoy sevig
noirraC ,ytinereS fo gnoS .puorg ruoy ni tnelaverp si tnempiuqe fi desu
B&S a ni ,emit eht droffa uoy fI .oot krow kraD eht ni gnoS dna sworC
.oot tuo pleh ot ereht era sreniater s'msilaminA ,t'nac uoy ebyam ,kced
uoy tub )roirepus ni tsevni uoy fi segdod on( pleh yam gnitS noiprocS
.pu ti kcab yllaer t'nac

FBO orp mod sua - nolubeZ

htrow t'nsi ebyam nolubeZ ,redeelb a toh taht ton dna ,evif ylno tA
detavargga ,egamad tneverP !looc os si orp tuB .ni emit eht gnitsevni
nuf doog rehto emos sedivorp orP .og-og-a sesserp dna srevuenam ,egamad
ta llew yllaer skrow ti ,enilpicsid tabmoc a sa tub ,oot snoitpo
.nuf fo stoL .roirefni

SUA FBO orp mod - nessrednA regerG

,tuB .ereh eurt si nolubeZ htiw dias neeb s'taht gnihtyreve ,yllacisaB
.gnitcetorp fo troffe eht htrow llew s'eh ,ecnirp a dna yticapac 7 ta
)mod roirefni ylno( deelb htlaets thgiarts ni toh os ton ebyam ,niagA
.gniredisnoc htrow s'ti ,llits tub

ERP SUA FBO lec mod - ordnaeL

t'nsi lec dna ,GI tsniaga sselesu si ERP .senilpicsid fo tes toh a toN
,ton fi tub ,yawa revuenam nac uoY .rehtie GI tsniaga ecnefed rof toh
yllaicepse ,spahrep ,daor eht fo elddim elttil A .kcuts er'uoy ,llew
regnuoy ni elbissimrep si ecnefed fo kcaL .lufrewop dna gib os eno rof
rehtie ecnefed rof taerg t'nsi naicuL ,hguohtlA .....ereh tub seripmav
evah dluow rof fo pord A .gnihtyreve dna taerg si ordnaeL ,llits tub
.evah uoy tahw htiw krow uoy ,llits tub ecin neeb

lec SUA fbo - eoZ/airotciV

htlaets a ni eb yeht dluow os ,gnideelb rof taerg ton ,seripmav elttiL
dna srevuenaM .ecnefed elpmis a sedivorp ,hguoht ,lec ehT ?kced deelb
rehtar ,elbaecalper gnieb fo sunob eht teg ylbaborp yeht dnA .segdod
.sevitanretla sselenilpicsid naht

iuq erp MOD SUA - oivattO suilenroC

eht neve rof tluciffid si iuQ .erehwesle yako si tub GI ot sreffus erp
sknihteM ?ti eganam ot gniog suilenroC si os ,llew esu ot setimassA
gnol dna egamad detavargga emos sedivorp tI .ti tnuocsid t'nod tub ,ton
tsniaga pu emoc ot gniog er'uoy kniht t'nod uoy fi ,egamad egnar
gnitteS .daetsni meht ta pop ot tnaw dna tabmoc ni tluciffid gnihtyna
slliks eht evah t'nod uoy dna ,hguoht ,iuq htiw tnatropmi si egnar eht
*hgis* .ti od ot

sua top lec MOD - soneksamaD

lec .deelb htlaets ni ecalp fo tuo eb dluow ohw tub ekil I eripmav A
,esruoc FO .ot meht tnaw uoy fi ycarucca ekil hajurB edivorp top dna
tnuoma etunim a edivorp nac lec ,seripmav rehto eht lla rof seog ti dna
tsniaga lufesu spahreP .pilsediS fo epahs eht ni ,noitneverp egamad fo
).hguoht ,gnitS noiprocS rof tuo hctaW( ?lergnaG eht

,kced ruoy gniyfisrevid redisnoc ebyaM .tsael ta ,elbissop s'ti ,lleW
taht tuohtiw ,weiv ym ni ,no decnuort gnieb si B&S thgiarts ecnis
.flesti dnefed ot ytiliba

--
)eceiphtuoM naivaklaM( epuoC semaJ

krowteN derdniK redlE :eripmaV
ten.nogaxeh.krowtenssendam//:ptth

legb...@my-dejanews.com

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
Nice newsletter! However i think you are unduly defeatist about Malkavian
combat being no more than a way of beefing up stealth-bleed. Post 7/7 and
with the restoration of Rotshreck to its correct meaning, out-of-turn
Malkavian rush- combat is now essentially unstoppable [Madness network, Rush
out of turn, concealed weapon for a flamethrower or ivory bow and then
Rotschreck.... or if the environement is animalistic, use the pro strikes
instead .... this seems to me the only deck-type where Body of Sun is at all
useful]. Elysium and Obedience are the only realistic defences against this
strategy, and Hidden lurker and Fast reaction make even these iffy. Also,
usually you won't even need the Rotschreck.

For the true stealth-bleed deck i reckon obf manouevers, concealed weapon,
Deer rifle with a VERY few DBRs is the way to go.

K Fehlberg

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
legb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
: ...[Madness network, Rush

: out of turn, concealed weapon for a flamethrower or ivory bow and then
: Rotschreck...

I am under the impression that this combination does not work,
since it is esentially the acting Methuselah's turn. One cannot play
reaction and Master-out-of-Turn cards (Rotschreck) on one's turn. Am
I wrong about this?

-Seeds of Corruption says PREY? Fehlberg; Anarch Boatrocker

Chris Berger

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
K Fehlberg wrote:

> legb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> : ...[Madness network, Rush
> : out of turn, concealed weapon for a flamethrower or ivory bow and then
> : Rotschreck...
>
> I am under the impression that this combination does not work,
> since it is esentially the acting Methuselah's turn. One cannot play
> reaction and Master-out-of-Turn cards (Rotschreck) on one's turn. Am
> I wrong about this?

What do you mean, "it's essentially the acting Methuselah's turn?" If
by "acting Methuselah," you mean the controller of the Malkavian who is
acting via the Madness Network, then it is not his turn. There's no
"essentially" about it. A Master-out-of-Turn may not be played on your
own turn. There's no restriction about playing Master-out-of-Turn cards
on someone else's turn just because you control the acting vampire.

-Chris

James Coupe

Dec 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/3/98
In article <745s1m$l5j$1...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>, legb...@my-dejanews.com
writes

>Nice newsletter! However i think you are unduly defeatist about Malkavian
>combat being no more than a way of beefing up stealth-bleed.

I wasn't meaning to suggest that that was how it should *only* be used,
merely that it would be a nice way to bolster up stealth bleed.
Malkavian combat is practical, not easy, but possible.

> Post 7/7 and
>with the restoration of Rotshreck to its correct meaning, out-of-turn

>Malkavian rush- combat is now essentially unstoppable [Madness network, Rush

>out of turn, concealed weapon for a flamethrower or ivory bow and then

>Rotschreck....

White Phosphorus Grenade is cheaper, not unique and doesn't burn if
Rotschrecked (its burning being an effect of its resolution).

> or if the environement is animalistic, use the pro strikes
>instead ....

There are a few nice vampires with Protean, but it might require a bit
of bolstering :(

>this seems to me the only deck-type where Body of Sun is at all
>useful].

Expensive, though. Perhaps Body Flare might be an alternative? And
what *does* happen if someone SRs your Rotschreck? :(

>Elysium and Obedience are the only realistic defences against this
>strategy,

True, true.

>and Hidden lurker and Fast reaction make even these iffy.

Hidden Lurker would be playable but I couldn't play fast reaction
because it would be my action I was reacting to, as I understand that
particular ruling.

>Also,
>usually you won't even need the Rotschreck.

Well, if you want to survive the combat, I would suggest you do. Malks
aren't kitted out for combat survival and if you want to do well if a
Brujah deck is your prey, then..... (although that might make the three
weapons mentioned so far unplayable, because they wouldn't be usable
under IG, so consider Sengir Dagger and Protean as mention).

Malkavian's Teach the Three "R"s (rush, rotschreck and rip). Run in,
aggro damage, rotschreck, sacrifical lamb. Pretty good fun if I do say
so myself.

>For the true stealth-bleed deck i reckon obf manouevers, concealed weapon,
>Deer rifle with a VERY few DBRs is the way to go.

It's possible. I was looking more at a way of making a more "fun" deck.
At least one deck at GenCon (Barney's I think) was stealth bleed with
fortitude thrown in. Quite nice to watch in action. Some small weapons
is do-able and Deer Rifle, with 2 maneuvers, helps guarantee you range.

--
James Coupe (Prince of Mercia, England)

Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
http://madnessnetwork.hexagon.net

LSJ

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
K Fehlberg wrote:

> legb...@my-dejanews.com wrote:
> : ...[Madness network, Rush

> : out of turn, concealed weapon for a flamethrower or ivory bow and then
> : Rotschreck...
>
> I am under the impression that this combination does not work,
> since it is esentially the acting Methuselah's turn. One cannot play
> reaction and Master-out-of-Turn cards (Rotschreck) on one's turn. Am
> I wrong about this?

It is not the acting Methuselah's turn. She is having her Malk take
an action on someone else's turn (card text on Madness Network).

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules:

K Fehlberg

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) wrote:
: It is not the acting Methuselah's turn. She is having her Malk take

: an action on someone else's turn (card text on Madness Network).

So it is possible to have a Malkavian call a vote on someone
else's turn via the Madness Network, and have another minion controlled
by the same "acting" Methuselah play reaction cards like pulling strings?

-K Fehlberg

James Coupe

Dec 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/4/98
In article <749cem$q4a$1...@news.cudenver.edu>, K Fehlberg
<kmfe...@ouray.cudenver.edu> writes

> So it is possible to have a Malkavian call a vote on someone
>else's turn via the Madness Network, and have another minion controlled
>by the same "acting" Methuselah play reaction cards like pulling strings?

No. The controller of the acting minion cannot play reaction cards with
his/her minions.

LSJ

Dec 7, 1998, 3:00:00 AM12/7/98
K Fehlberg wrote:

> LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) wrote:
> : It is not the acting Methuselah's turn. She is having her Malk take
> : an action on someone else's turn (card text on Madness Network).
>
> So it is possible to have a Malkavian call a vote on someone
> else's turn via the Madness Network, and have another minion controlled
> by the same "acting" Methuselah play reaction cards like pulling strings?

No. Reaction cards can only be played during the action of another
Methuselah's minion. [1.6.3.5]