Question for LSJ

KingJohann

Feb 1, 2001, 6:01:55 PM2/1/01

If I am playing a Ravnos deck with a mass reality out, and pull out a zip gun
during combat, is the damage dealt by zip gun to my minion increased as well?

Thanks

DF

Gomi no Sensei

Feb 1, 2001, 8:32:51 PM2/1/01
In article <20010201180155...@ng-bd1.aol.com>,
KingJohann <kingj...@aol.com> wrote:

>If I am playing a Ravnos deck with a mass reality out, and pull out a zip gun
>during combat, is the damage dealt by zip gun to my minion increased as well?

No. As I recall, Mass Reality increases damage a weapon 'inflicts.' This is
taken to be damage done to the opposing target by striking with the weapon.

Anything else the equipment does is a side-effect and unaffected by Mass
Reality. It just happens that ZipGun has a side-effect resulting in
dealing damage, like the .44 magnum has a side effect resulting in an
optional maneuver, but side-effects are outside of Mass Reality's purview.

In the same way, Talbot's Chainsaw would inflict +1/+2 damage with a
Mass Reality in play, but you would still only have to inflict 3 damage
to minion you control during untap, not 4 or 5.

gomi

--
Individually, I love you all with affection unspeakable; but, collectively,
I look upon you with a disgust that amounts to absolute detestation.

LSJ

Feb 1, 2001, 9:06:42 PM2/1/01
go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:
> KingJohann <kingj...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> >If I am playing a Ravnos deck with a mass reality out, and pull out a
> >zip gun during combat, is the damage dealt by zip gun to my minion
> >increased as well?
>
> No. As I recall, Mass Reality increases damage a weapon 'inflicts.'
> This is taken to be damage done to the opposing target by striking
> with the weapon.

Correct.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Tim Olivas

Feb 4, 2001, 12:10:17 AM2/4/01
The Superior Spying Mission effect says it is used "if a bleed is
sucessful". Does a Methuselah using superior Spying Mission still get
the Edge, even though no pool is lost?

--
Tim Olivas ("I'm so vital!"). . "I ain't no hell of a man...but listen,
tol...@megsinet.net. . . . . . I'm going on a hell of a trip."

Gomi no Sensei

Feb 4, 2001, 12:41:04 AM2/4/01
In article <3a7cdf6d$0$70805$1dc6...@news.corecomm.net>,

Tim Olivas <tol...@megsinet.net> wrote:
>The Superior Spying Mission effect says it is used "if a bleed is
>sucessful". Does a Methuselah using superior Spying Mission still get
>the Edge, even though no pool is lost?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Superior SM is played when a bleed would have been successful.
Playing SM makes it an unsuccessful bleed (bleeds for 0 or less are
not considered successful, and do not therefore garner the Edge). Note that
the action itself is successful, for cards that care about such things
(inferior Freak Drive, Blood of the Sabbat, et alia).

LSJ

Feb 5, 2001, 6:21:57 AM2/5/01
go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:
> Tim Olivas <tol...@megsinet.net> wrote:
> >The Superior Spying Mission effect says it is used "if a bleed is
> >sucessful". Does a Methuselah using superior Spying Mission still get
> >the Edge, even though no pool is lost?
>
> Short answer: No.
>
> Long answer: Superior SM is played when a bleed would have been
> successful.
> Playing SM makes it an unsuccessful bleed (bleeds for 0 or less are
> not considered successful, and do not therefore garner the Edge).

Correct [6.1.1]

> Note that
> the action itself is successful, for cards that care about such things
> (inferior Freak Drive, Blood of the Sabbat, et alia).

Correct.

vol...@my-deja.com

Feb 5, 2001, 6:26:47 PM2/5/01
In article <95d4ne$s9v$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

Is this true of all weapons that do environmental damage to the
striking minion? IE - Bomb, Grenade and White Phosphorous Grenade.

Volya42

The Lasombra

Feb 5, 2001, 7:21:56 PM2/5/01
In article <95ncrb$pa3$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
vol...@my-deja.com wrote:

Re: Mass Reality

> Is this true of all weapons that do environmental damage to the
> striking minion? IE - Bomb, Grenade and White Phosphorous Grenade.

The only effect Mass Reality has on weapons is on the damage
they do to the opposing minion. The damage done to the wielder
will not be affected in any way by Mass Reality.

Carpe Noctem.

Lasombra

http://lasombra.tripod.com
http://legbiter.tripod.com
http://vekn_clans.tripod.com

Gomi no Sensei

Feb 6, 2001, 1:01:33 AM2/6/01
In article <95ncrb$pa3$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, <vol...@my-deja.com> wrote:
>In article <95d4ne$s9v$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> go...@best.com (Gomi no Sensei) wrote:

>out a

>> > No. As I recall, Mass Reality increases damage a weapon 'inflicts.'
>> > This is taken to be damage done to the opposing target by striking
>> > with the weapon.

>> Correct.

>Is this true of all weapons that do environmental damage to the

>striking minion? IE - Bomb, Grenade and White Phosphorous Grenade.

Mass Reality increases damage a weapon inflicts. Inflicts means damage
done to the opposing minion when striking with the weapon.

If this is insufficiently clear, I'm not sure I can help you any further.

gomi
--
Individually, I love you all with affection unspeakable; but, collectively,
I look upon you with a disgust that amounts to absolute detestation.

- Gilbert and Sullivan, 'Pirates of Penzance'