(LSJ) Burning the Madness Network: Attempts to block order

floppyzedolfin

Nov 15, 2010, 3:12:26 AM11/15/10

Suppose I control a Malkavian, my prey controls the Madness Network,
and my predator attempts to burn the Madness Network.

Do I get to declare a block attempt before my prey?

Thanks,
Pascal

~~

Madness Network
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Malkavian
Unique master.
Put this card in play. Untapped Malkavians can take actions in any
Methuselah's minion phase (follow normal sequencing rules). Any minion
can burn this card as an action that any untapped Malkavian (in
addition to the normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block.

Vincent

Nov 15, 2010, 9:48:16 AM11/15/10

Since it's a action directed against your prey, xe gets the
opportunity to block first, then the other Methuselah's Malkavian
vampires in a clockwise order, starting with you (since you're the
acting Methuselah's prey).

But I wonder what happens if your grand-predator controls Anneke. Does
xe
1/ wait for its turn and block using Anneke as xe would block using a
Malkavian?
2/ has the opportunity to block once the target of the action has
declined to block, and before you?
3/ has the opportunity to block once every Malkavian (including his/
her) has declined to block?

Anneke [Jyhad:V, VTES:V, Tenth:B]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Toreador
Group: 1
Capacity: 10
Discipline: dom AUS CEL PRE
Camarilla Toreador Justicar: Anneke may attempt to block a vampire
controlled by another Methuselah, ignoring the normal prey, predator
or target restrictions for blocking actions. +1 bleed.

LSJ

Nov 15, 2010, 10:31:14 AM11/15/10
On Nov 15, 9:48 am, Vincent <v.rip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 nov, 09:12, floppyzedolfin <floppyzedol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Suppose I control a Malkavian, my prey controls the Madness Network,
> > and my predator attempts to burn the Madness Network.
>
> > Do I get to declare a block attempt before my prey?

> > Madness Network

> > Cardtype:       Master
> > Clan:   Malkavian
> > Unique master.
> > Put this card in play. Untapped Malkavians can take actions in any
> > Methuselah's minion phase (follow normal sequencing rules). Any minion
> > can burn this card as an action that any untapped Malkavian (in
> > addition to the normally eligible blockers) can attempt to block.
>
> Since it's a action directed against your prey, xe gets the
> opportunity to block first, then the other Methuselah's Malkavian
> vampires in a clockwise order, starting with you (since you're the
> acting Methuselah's prey).

"Me": A
"My prey": B

Since it's directed at B, sequencing is:

A (acting player first)
B (target player second)
C-E (others clockwise from acting)

> But I wonder what happens if your grand-predator controls Anneke. Does
> xe
> 1/ wait for its turn and block using Anneke as xe would block using a
> Malkavian?
> 2/ has the opportunity to block once the target of the action has
> declined to block, and before you?
> 3/ has the opportunity to block once every Malkavian (including his/
> her) has declined to block?

C blocks with Anneke, Malkavians, Eagle's Sight, &c. when C has the
impulse in the sequence.

Once C declines to block, that is final.

Anneke doesn't give any override to the "no block" declaration.