Q: Skin of the Night and Rotschreck

Daniel Eriksson

Mar 4, 2005, 6:15:51 AM3/4/05
This question has probably been answered before but here it goes, it
happened during the last play evening:

1. I bleed my predator with a vampire
2. He blocks
3. I play skin of the night
4. He plays a wolf claw and rötschreck

Does my vampire go to torpor? Does "the skin of the night" aggrevated damage
text hit in before he plays rotschreck?

Daniel Eriksson
Sweden

LSJ

Mar 4, 2005, 6:47:48 AM3/4/05
Daniel Eriksson wrote:

You go to torpor. Rötschreck doesn't care how you'll treat/prevent/avoid the
damage, only that agg damage is being attempted to be inflicted on you by
the opposing minion.

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (remove spam trap to reply)
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Daniel Eriksson

Mar 4, 2005, 6:53:47 AM3/4/05

"LSJ" <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

When we assumed right when we played, just wanted to double check since our
meta game is really really combat heavy with lots of agg damage from Gangrel
and such nasty folks

Daneel

Mar 4, 2005, 8:55:31 AM3/4/05
On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:47:48 GMT, LSJ <vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>
wrote:

>> Does my vampire go to torpor? Does "the skin of the night" aggrevated
>> damage text hit in before he plays rotschreck?
>
> You go to torpor. Rötschreck doesn't care how you'll treat/prevent/avoid
> the damage, only that agg damage is being attempted to be inflicted on
> you by the opposing minion.

Just to make sure: "treat/prevent/avoid" includes "being immune to", right?

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ

Mar 4, 2005, 9:04:22 AM3/4/05
"Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message news:opsm38uk...@news.chello.hu...

Yes. If you'd be immune to it, Rötschreck doesn't notice. The opposing minion
is still attempting to inflict agg damage on you, and that's all that
Rötschreck cares about (and it not being Rötschreck's player's turn, etc. :-)

--
LSJ (vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep (Remove spam trap to reply).
V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

ThE OnLy VipeR

Mar 4, 2005, 9:29:49 AM3/4/05

LSJ wrote:
> "Daneel" <dan...@eposta.hu> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:47:48 GMT, LSJ
<vtesr...@TRAPwhite-wolf.com>

> > > You go to torpor. Rötschreck doesn't care how you'll
treat/prevent/avoid
> > > the damage, only that agg damage is being attempted to be
inflicted on
> > > you by the opposing minion.
> >
> > Just to make sure: "treat/prevent/avoid" includes "being immune
to", right?

> Yes. If you'd be immune to it, Rötschreck doesn't notice. The
opposing minion
> is still attempting to inflict agg damage on you, and that's all that
> Rötschreck cares about (and it not being Rötschreck's player's
turn, etc. :-)

As far as i know the only way to evade rotschreck is that the
aggravated damage is out of range to efectively inflict the damage, and
that the strength of the minion playing rotschreck is equal or bellow
than zero

LSJ

Mar 4, 2005, 9:38:37 AM3/4/05
"ThE OnLy VipeR" <fina...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1109946589.5...@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

> As far as i know the only way to evade rotschreck is that the
> aggravated damage is out of range to efectively inflict the damage, and
> that the strength of the minion playing rotschreck is equal or bellow
> than zero

If the minion opposing the vampire is not attempting to inflict (one or
more points of) aggravated damage on the vampire, then yes, the conditions
for playing Rötschreck aren't met, so Rötschreck cannot be played.

Frenzy immunity will also prevent Rötschreck from being played (e.g.,
Sire's Index Finger).

Canceling Rötschreck as it is played (e.g., Sudden Reversal) will "evade"
it in some sense.

Continuing the combat (e.g. Telepathic Tracking) or starting a new
combat (e.g., Psyche!) will "evade" it in a lesser sense (the card
is still put on the victim vampire, so he won't untap next untap phase,
but he will avoid going to torpor by disrupting the "end combat
and go to torpor" effect).