(LSJ) Target Vitals Vs Chiroptean Marauder question

Stone

Mar 31, 2008, 9:18:37 AM3/31/08
Vampire A is in combat with vampire B.
A announces hand strike, then plays sup. Chiroptean Marauder to make his
hand strike aggravated.
Can A play Target Vitals at this time, i.e. after playing sup. CM ?

By analogy with the "you can't play a Conditioning in the hope to fish for a
Seduction" case, I'd say it's too late to play Target Vitals, since CM
shouldn't be playable in the "Play when choosing a strike" timing window,
but I'm not sure...
If I'm wrong, i.e. you can play Target Vitals after playing sup. CM, then it
would mean that you could play, say, sup. Infernal Pursuit after declaring a
strike in order to possibly fish for a Target:X card ?
thanks,
Stone

card texts for reference :

Target Vitals [LotN:U]

Cardtype: Combat

Aim. Play when choosing a strike.

If any damage from this strike is successfully inflicted on the opposing
minion, he or she takes an additional 2 damage from this strike, and he or
she cannot press this round. The opposing minion may discard two combat
cards [COMBAT] to cancel this card. A minion may play only one aim each
strike.

Chiropteran Marauder [SW:C/PT3, Third:C]

Cardtype: Combat

Discipline: Vicissitude

[vic] Maneuver.

[VIC] This vampire burns 1 blood to make the damage from his or her hand
strikes aggravated for the current round.

LSJ

Mar 31, 2008, 9:23:41 AM3/31/08
Stone wrote:
> Vampire A is in combat with vampire B.
> A announces hand strike, then plays sup. Chiroptean Marauder to make his
> hand strike aggravated.
> Can A play Target Vitals at this time, i.e. after playing sup. CM ?

No. He could play CM, then announce his hand strike with Target Vitals, though.

> By analogy with the "you can't play a Conditioning in the hope to fish for a
> Seduction" case, I'd say it's too late to play Target Vitals, since CM
> shouldn't be playable in the "Play when choosing a strike" timing window,
> but I'm not sure...

Correct.

Oortje

Mar 31, 2008, 10:33:11 AM3/31/08

Sorry but can someone clearify the above?
Did I just read that you cannot play supperior CM after announcing to
aim for ones vites. If so, why?
If so, is dragonbreath rounds/baals bloody talons + target vitals also
a problem?

thanks in advance,

Oortje

LSJ

Mar 31, 2008, 10:39:33 AM3/31/08
Oortje wrote:
> On 31 mrt, 15:23, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
>> Stone wrote:
>>> Vampire A is in combat with vampire B.
>>> A announces hand strike, then plays sup. Chiroptean Marauder to make his
>>> hand strike aggravated.
>>> Can A play Target Vitals at this time, i.e. after playing sup. CM ?
>> No. He could play CM, then announce his hand strike with Target Vitals, though.
>>
>>> By analogy with the "you can't play a Conditioning in the hope to fish for a
>>> Seduction" case, I'd say it's too late to play Target Vitals, since CM
>>> shouldn't be playable in the "Play when choosing a strike" timing window,
>>> but I'm not sure...
>> Correct.
>
> Sorry but can someone clearify the above?
> Did I just read that you cannot play supperior CM after announcing to
> aim for ones vites.

No.

There are three effects listed:
AHS: announce hand strike.
CM: play Chiropteran Maurauder
TV: play Target: Vitals

The above says TV must be played with AHS or not at all.

So CM-AHS-TV is OK.
And AHS-TV-CM is OK.
But not AHS-CM-TV.

Oortje