Cheapest way to ship NIB game ?

Joey

Sep 14, 2011, 10:32:23 AM9/14/11
Looking at having a NIB shipped from a fellow collector and wasn't
sure what was the best and cheapest way to ship. I have only used
NAVL in the past since the machines were not boxed up, so that would
likely be a overkill on a boxed game. The seller can strap to a
pallet of necessary.

TIA

AFM_TZ

Sep 14, 2011, 10:51:11 AM9/14/11
Terminal delivery.

In fact, you can NAVL / STI it to a terminal for 250 (you pick it
up)- they add the 100 or so to your door (if opposite ends of the
country more like 300 to terminal + 100 to door).

I would be surprised if you can find terminal delivery for less than
225 - 200. If so, let us know where.

yancy

Sep 14, 2011, 2:30:31 PM9/14/11

After hearing horror stories about NIB games literally dropped off the
back of a truck, I would be more interested in "best" than "cheapest."
This isn't where I'm looking to save a hundred bucks.

--
yancy
This USENET post sent from http://rgparchive.com

daddyboos

Sep 14, 2011, 3:08:29 PM9/14/11
I used Uship.com a couple weeks ago and was able to ship a 600+ lb
(16ft) ball bowler from Kansas City to Nashville for $300 - very good
experience. There are some shippers that operate from that site with
great experience and feedback (like ebay), so you have control over
who ships it, how they ship it, insurance, etc.. Good luck.

Lippert

Sep 14, 2011, 4:14:32 PM9/14/11

How far away is it? I would rather drive and pick it up myself so I'd
know it got moved right. And it anything got f'ed it's on me, son.

--
Lippert

Jim D. in TN

Sep 14, 2011, 11:24:27 PM9/14/11
On Sep 14, 10:32 am, Joey <pinballj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looking at having a NIB shipped from a fellow collector and wasn't
> sure what was the best and cheapest way to ship.

I'd ask here on RGP if anyone can help out first. I've hauled half a
dozen games gratis and I'm sure I'm not the only person here who has.
As long as I'm driving anyway, I've never felt a need to charge for a
minor favor.

Joey

Sep 14, 2011, 11:55:47 PM9/14/11
Thanks guys. It's about ten hours away, so a long drive but possible.
I was just curious what others have used. I still might call Michelle
and see since she had been great in the past.

Cudaman

Sep 15, 2011, 12:21:49 AM9/15/11

You can get insurance from a freight company on a brand new pinball, and
insurance is not expensive. You should be able to use CEVA or Pilot Air
or others and get it shipped cross county for less than $200 on a
36'x36' pallet.

Dave

--
Cudaman

Sean Casey

Sep 15, 2011, 1:21:44 AM9/15/11
Try coinopshippers.com. A fellow pinhead turned me on to them and they
are very reasonably priced. I am shipping 2 games up to Washington from
California for $300.

Sean
--
Sean Casey
Easily Amused Pinball

MrSanRamon

Sep 15, 2011, 9:48:19 PM9/15/11
On Sep 14, 10:21 pm, Sean Casey <s...@eapinball.com> wrote:
> Try coinopshippers.com.  A fellow pinhead turned me on to them and they
> are very reasonably priced.  I am shipping 2 games up to Washington from
> California for $300.
>
> Sean

How are you shipping them: legs on, pallet or crate?

Robert