New: In the Light and in the Shadows (free, open-ended, email, human, fantasy, rpg)

PBM List Autoposter

Nov 25, 2003, 3:13:05 AM11/25/03
Name: In the Light and in the Shadows

A powerful destruction of both good and evil races have taken hold of both
the upper world as well as the under. Even some of the Gods themselves
know that their own followers alone can not overcome this powerful entity
alone. A truce among most of the God and Goddess have been drawn up among
them in order to protect their own best interest as well as their
worshipers while others think they can get a better deal with the
destructor. The odd alliance of mixture of Gods decide that they will
select their best to go in search of the only objects that could entrap
and destroy this ever growing and consuming death.

This is a game based majorly on role-playing and loosely on the rules of
3rd edition D and D which means this is more of a mind game than a slash
and tear them up game. (There will be battles but it won't be the meat of
the story) All characters wish to submit to the game must be either
netural or good even though the group will have to interact with evil
beings as well. To preserve the group from being totally dark and
paranoid, I will NPC the evil characters. I want to place empahsis that
this a very adult game and I will not accept anyone below 18 years of age.
I also want to stress that this game will be based on excellent
roleplaying and I am only looking for players who wish to put time in
their posts as well as thought. I understand real life takes a hold of you
and you can not post as often as you wish, but if your posts inhibit the
story from continuing on for long periods of time and frequently do so
then your character could be in jeopardy of dying. You will be warned
before this happens. Also, the game's direction is not set in stone and
thus the characters will influence the direction it takes.

Lurkers are welcomed. I am now accepting character sheets and backgrounds
until Nov 29th. There are currently two openings

[ This is a new entry for the PBM List. You can find the list
itself, and instructions for adding games or comments, at
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/pbm_list/ -- greg ]